PDA

View Full Version : Writing a letter - Help?

shorte85
November 8th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Hello ladies! :)

I am actually working on writing a letter. I just found out today that Medicaid no longer covers for new hearing aids and was told to write a letter to a non-profit organization located near here. I'm having a hard time writing a closing to my letter, and if anyone can chip in some help here I would highly appreciate it!!!

Here's what I have written (some information has been left out)

November 8, 2013

Dear [organization]:
Hello, my name is CJ [last name]. I am 27 years old, and have worn hearing aids since I was a toddler. I currently have Medicaid, but they no longer cover the cost of new hearing aids. My husband receives disability checks each month and works part-time but with the bills we currently have, we are unable to cover the cost of hearing aids. I am unemployed due to the fact that I am unable to work because of my disabilities.

I tried contacting Medicaid to see if there is something I can do to get them to cover the cost of new hearing aids, and the rep I had talked to said she does not currently know of anything to help me in my situation. That is when I called and spoke with someone at the St. Clair County DHS office and was referred to your nonprofit organization. So, I am writing to you about my situation.

The current set of hearing aids I have now, I have had since November 20, 2008. My hearing aids are starting to have major problems; Miracle-Ear has had my left hearing aid sent away for repairs. With the hearing aids being an old style, they said there is a possibility that the repair center may not have parts for my hearing aids.
I would highly appreciate any help regarding

[closing paragraph here]

Sincerely,
CJ

Any help on this would be HIGHLY appreciated!!!!

Madeforyouinma11
November 8th, 2013, 11:53 PM
I would write....
I would appreciate any information you can give me as to wether you can help me to get new hearing aids , and if not, is there someone/somewhere else that you can refer me to.
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.
Then obviously, sign it and give address and phone number.

Hope this helped a little.

shorte85
November 9th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Thanks Cil! Yeah, I think that sounds great.

Thanks again!

Shirley
November 9th, 2013, 12:15 AM
CJ,
I asked my DH for help with your closing paragraph. He's really great with words, here is his suggestion:

Since I have exhausted all of the resources I can think of and they have been to no avail, I am in hopes that your organization will be able to assist me in obtaining a new set of hearing aids. Any assistance you can provide me with this problem would be greatly appreciated and allow me to live a more fulfilled life.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sandy Navas
November 9th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Both responses are great, CJ - and I'd add more to help you little people - but they said it better. Sending special requests to my special helpers - hopefully they will come through for you!!

shorte85
November 9th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Thanks to you both Cil and Shirley, I appreciate the help.

I kind of combined the two, and added my own twist... Please let me know what you think?

Since I have exhausted all of the resources I can think of and they have been to no avail, I am in hopes that your organization will be able to assist me in obtaining a new set of hearing aids. Whatever your decision, please accept my sincere thanks for your time and consideration. If you have any questions, please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

MayinJerset
November 9th, 2013, 03:35 AM
You got it, so get that letter off ASAP and we'll say a prayer that help is on the way.

shorte85
November 9th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Thanks May!! ;)

redcaboose1717
November 9th, 2013, 04:41 AM
While my issues are not for hearing aids ....I was sent a letter from my Humana Insurance ( Advantage Plan ) that the plan I have had for 3 yrs will no longer be available after Dec. 31s,2013.
What you might do, is to contact your Dept. On Aging in your city. I called the Dept. On Aging in my city, and was able to get some help with chosing a new insurance provider. Without the help of this agency, I doubt if I could have made the decisions I did. There's no cost to meet with the Dept. On Aging, although they do appreciate a donation ( to cover office supplies ) if you can. The man that helped me spend almost 2 hours going over this new policy. Of course like everything new, I am leery....but this can't be helped. The government has changed the rules, and we must abide by them. Too bad these government officials don't have to pay for their own health care, maybe if they did, they wouldn't be so quick to do some of the things they do.
My insurance premiums are going to almost double......I am very upset with the new changes to our Medicare.

Madeforyouinma11
November 9th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Shirley, that was great...my hubby is the writer in the house too, but he was at work when I read this.
CJ, I think you got it. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Momofmonsters5
November 9th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Great closings, the last sentence of your first paragraph I would change to I'm unable to work due to the extent of my disabilities.
I keep getting stuck on that sentence when I read your letter. Good luck by the way, I really hope it all works out for you!! Hugs

Shirley
November 9th, 2013, 12:05 PM
CJ, sounds good, go for it!!

shorte85
November 9th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Great closings, the last sentence of your first paragraph I would change to I'm unable to work due to the extent of my disabilities.
I keep getting stuck on that sentence when I read your letter. Good luck by the way, I really hope it all works out for you!! Hugs

Oh yeah!! That does sound much better than what I have now. Thanks so much!! :)