PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, living on an island

Hulamoon
November 8th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I had the worst day yesterday. Well not the worst. lol I went to the chiropractor and it cost $50 and I swear he only spent under 10 mins on me. Then I went on a quest for printer ink and there is none for my machine on this island. I needed it yesterday.

Then came the flash flood warning and a flood was in my yard. The TV, internet and phone went out. So I played 25 games of Solitare.

So the question is, if you order printer ink online do you have a good site? I'm soo tired. lol

Iris Girl
November 8th, 2013, 05:44 PM
I order mine from amazon and get a really good deal on a pack with all the colors then I buy black separately. Works out much cheaper then staples where I used to get it. $51.00 for 5 colors at amazon where I was paying $16.00 for each color separately.

nyscpa2be
November 8th, 2013, 05:47 PM
If I bought online, it would be from either Amazon or WalMart. Hope today was/is better than yesterday!

K. McEuen
November 8th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Try Quill.com . They are a subsidiary of Office Depot, but they have cheaper prices. I order from them for the office.

Grandma G
November 8th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Lori - I recently bought ink for my Epson Workforce 610 from Amazon.com. I have not tried it yet but it got really good reviews from the people who bought it. There were four 5 star reviews and one 4 star review. For 2 cartridges each of cyan, magenta and yellow it was $9.80 with free shipping. I know, sounds too good to be true. I just got really tired of paying so much money for replacements. I figured for that price it was worth a try. The company name is DISCOUNTINKLLC. As I said, I haven't tried it yet but just got a low ink warning on my yellow so will be changing it probably this weekend.

This is what you will need to look for as far as a description: 6 Epson 69 Color Set Ink Workforce 30 40 310 500 600 610 Non-oem

Check it out and see what you think.

laf512
November 8th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I buy my printer ink from Amazon. It is the generic version, but it works just as well as the name brand. It costs me less than $1 per cartridge! I don't worry about how much I print anymore!

Hulamoon
November 8th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks Amy, yea today is better. As you can see I got my cable back on :)

Thanks for the links! and Lori I was wondering about the generic version. That's good to know.

I'm waiting for my dd to call back so maybe I can put it on a flash drive and she can do it at work.

cyndiofthevortex
November 8th, 2013, 07:08 PM
If I fill my house with ink cartridges will you switch houses with me? Just for the winter? Please?

nyscpa2be
November 8th, 2013, 07:16 PM
If I fill my house with ink cartridges will you switch houses with me? Just for the winter? Please?

I think you need a maid or cook to come with you. I volunteer.

Hulamoon
November 8th, 2013, 07:25 PM
lol Cyndi. I don't think I need that many! It rains a lot at my house. We live next to the wettest spot in the world. I can see it from my porch. One year it literally rained for 40 days!

Where, Exactly, is the Wettest Place on Earth? - weather.com (http://www.weather.com/news/science/nature/wettest-place-earth-20130529)

Well I solved my problem for today. Going to take the drive down to a business place and it's only going to cost me ten cents!

How two day's can be so different!

Judy~Ann
November 8th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I take my cartridges to Costco and refill them for 10 dollars. I'll take the wettest place on earth. Been there and it's gorgeous ;) I miss Kauai