PDA

View Full Version : l'd like to show you guys what l've been doing

Lissau
November 8th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Hi Guys,

l would like to show you guys what l have been doing ..l'm so enjoying doing these it helps to escape the pain.

mandymae
November 8th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Did you use oil pastels? Love the colors and look of it

Lissau
November 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Hi Mandy ...no its acrylic paint and prisma color pencils and the background was done using stencils and food coloring mixed with water and sprayed onto the paper.

Sandy Navas
November 8th, 2013, 10:18 AM
You are certainly coming along - this picture definitely shows the release and escape from pain! I'm excited that you've found something you can do that helps take you away from agony.

On another front, have you been able to stitch on your hexis or work on your chevrons??

Hugs, Dear Lisa!!!

Lissau
November 8th, 2013, 10:23 AM
((((((((Sandy)))))...l didn't think anyone would realise the pain on her face.. A friend of ours was the first to realise and your the second person :) ...as for the hexies and chevrons nope haven't done any sewing for awhile.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 8th, 2013, 10:27 AM
You are quite an artist! I could draw objects, and animals, but never faces! Glad it is helping you work through your pain!

MayinJerset
November 8th, 2013, 11:05 AM
I agree with Jean, You are quite an artist. I like your style.

Your painting speaks to me about a young woman who has sadness, sorrow and a glimmer of hope. And her eyes look realistic! Mine never did, both eyes would look good but they never looked like a pair of eyes, that's why I stuck to flowers and people with only one side of their face showing. Please keep working at your art, we want to see more.

GrammaBabs
November 8th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Love the colors and weep for the pain you must be enduring.... first thing I noticed in the eyes... but happy to know that this venue is helping you cope... your work may be famous someday....thanks for sharing it with us..:)Barbara

janluna
November 8th, 2013, 06:30 PM
The pain in her eyes was the first thing I noticed also. I escape by reading, quilting, and being on the computer. I can get lost on the computer, checking out quilt patterns, fabric, etc. Lately, though all I have is reading. I can't sew, or quilt and my computer is giving me fits. I understand the pain. My shoulder is really, really, really, painful! And my back has gone bonkers with the weather! I also have a splint on my thumb, it's now considered a "trigger finger". So, Lisa Honey, I'm praying for you to feel better. I know what you are going through.
No one deserves to be in pain constantly. Love you Darlin, Jan L.

cyndiofthevortex
November 8th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this. I love your talent. This is just awesome.

Lissau
November 8th, 2013, 10:42 PM
AAwww thankyou everyone ..yes a lot of pain ...love you as well jan :)

pcbatiks
November 8th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Great job Lisa.........I like the look and colors too.

IBake
November 9th, 2013, 12:56 PM
The pain was the first thing I noticed. I am a chronic pain patient and will live in some degree of pain for the rest of my life due to a broken back after back surgery. So I know of what you paint.

Your painting is lovely and you have amazing talent. Keep it up!

HdWench
November 9th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Lisa, the pain in her face and eyes, but the horah above her (orah?) those are colors of hope. Beautiful and a lovely way to help you push through the pain. Thank you so much for showing your other talent.