PDA

View Full Version : machine quilting thread colors

lapeoples
November 6th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Why is there not an off white or tan option for your machine quilting? Many fabrics would look much better without the stark white - many of the Civil War reproductions in particular.

easyquilts
November 6th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Are you saying you can't find those colors? I agree that the CW fabrics in particular really need a softer color.... Actually, I seldom use a real white when quilting.... It just stands out too much..... Unless that is the affect you are going for.

I like to use a warm cream, or in the case of CW quilts, I might even use brown or navy....depends.

Lisapc
November 6th, 2013, 11:25 AM
You can use any color you want. I have a slate blue for one I am working on right now. I have used white, black, hot pink, beige. There are many color options you just have to find the one you like. Good luck!

nyscpa2be
November 6th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Are you referring to the available thread colors with the mail in quilting service at M*? I do agree that there is a very small selection of colors. I've never used it, but I'm wondering if you can special request a different color. Of course, your other option is to use a local long-armer, where your selection might be greater.

K. McEuen
November 6th, 2013, 02:01 PM
There is a good chance if you call MSQC and talk to them about your top and what color of thread you want they will have it.

lapeoples
November 6th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Yes, I was referring to the MSQC selection. I just got back a quilt they did and it was wonderful. I have several tops I would like to get done but the color selection makes me hesitate.

JCY
November 7th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Have you tried any of the Signature King Tut quilting thread? In my opinion, it works the best. Blends well. A multitude of color options from which to choose. View their color charts on line & select a thread color that goes with your quilt. If you don't want to buy a large cone, get a smaller spool from your LQS to try it out. The lady who does the LAQ on my larger quilts uses nothing but King Tut. I buy the large cones through her when she places a large order. JCY

MarianneK
November 9th, 2013, 08:44 PM
I've used that thread and like it a lot also!

Lil bits of thread
November 11th, 2013, 02:30 AM
I called MSQC and asked the same question. They said to just pick a color that is close, then tell them what color you really want in the "special instructions" area of the order form. Hope this helps
Michelle

HdWench
November 11th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Great to know to put you choice in Special Instructions when ordering Quilting Services at M*QS, and they will work with you! I have to quilt my own and find tans go with most but not all. Also like using Varigated

Good question and now we know they will use most any color you want :-)

Marty
March 12th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Why is there not an off white or tan option for your machine quilting? Many fabrics would look much better without the stark white - many of the Civil War reproductions in particular.

They have tons more colors than listed on the web page. I called them on the phone and asked that specific question. It is a different post on this forum. I don't know why they don't update the page. It seems like they must get this question a lot.

Marty
March 12th, 2014, 08:06 AM
http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/quilting-questions/34988-sending-out-machine-quilting-many-questions.html

Here's a link. Hope this answers some questions.
My last comment on this link details the answers I got from the girls at MSQ. If you have specific questions I would call them directly. They were very helpful and it only took a couple of days for them to call me back.