PDA

View Full Version : Sewing(only) machine with Auto Thread Cutter

Laurie Stone
April 5th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Do you know of just a sewing machine that has the push button thread cutter for under $400??????????

I had a Brother 900-D sewing/embroidery combo that had it. I got rid of it though (mistake) because I never used the emboidery unit.

I have a Brother 4500 D that has ALL the bells and whistles but its too heavy to drag to the dining room or a class. I leave my embroidery unit on it.

Now I just want a sewing machine with the push button thread cutter. They are $599 and up. YIKES!:icon_eek:

suzette58
April 5th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Have you checked any of the Janome machines? I know the Horizon has the push button cutter but I don't know about the smaller machines.

mrswindy4
April 5th, 2011, 08:39 PM
My Janome QDC 3160 has the automatic thread cutter (LOVE IT!!) but the machine is a little more expensive. Right around $600 or so....depending on how much you haggle with the dealers...lol Maybe you can ask about a refurbished machine at a cheaper price?

Sewbee
April 6th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Laurie I LOVE my Brother PC-420 Project Runway Limited Edition! It has the thread cutter, automatic needle threader and the knee lifter for the presser foot which is all wonderful to me now! I never had those features before and now can't do without them! I bought my machine last May on Amazon.com for $450 and they are now selling it for $419.98 including Free Shipping. The machine comes with a ton of presser feet including your walking foot, Quilting/darning foot, buttonholer and tons of other accessories plus lots of decorative stitches. It is strictly a sewing machine so no fancy embroidery at all but it can do 3 basic lettering stitches. It gets very good reviews from other owners. It has a 25 year warranty from Brother. I have been so happy with this purchase!

Here is a link to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Brother-PC-420-Limited-Project-Machine/dp/B000XE3FGO

Sunnyok
April 6th, 2011, 01:33 AM
I suggest the Brother machines, they are great. Fabric cutters, easy threading, knee up. I have 2 and love them both, I have the inovis 450, and the QC1000 . Great machines.

rebeccas-sewing
April 6th, 2011, 05:35 AM
I certainly don't need another sewing machine but I get excited just reading about your machines. You know how a lot of rich people collect cars? If I was rich I'd probably collect sewing machines. Hahaha!