PDA

View Full Version : A quick Monday shout out

Monique
November 4th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Good morning. A quick hello. It was a long night. Elections until 1 am. Geez. Off to work now.

Have a wonderful day everyone. SMILE!!

buckeyequilter
November 4th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Good morning....

LOL...I thought that said a quick morning shoot out.

Only have a few minutes here - have a dr. appointment this morning. I might go to JoAnn's after that and see what they have on sale that I "need".

I finished this quilt yesterday for my great-niece and am going to deliver it today:

Well have to run...have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs.

Sandy Navas
November 4th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Everyone is 'running' around today - I couldn't run if I had a mad bull chasing me. Ever have those days when every bone and muscle seemed to have it in for you? Ever have one of those weeks? Seems as if the more I do the more I ache. Damp weather is nice but sure takes its toll on my old creaky body.

I've been doing some serious catch up activities in the sewing room. I think I have three or four more baskets (think laundry size) to go through and fold and store (better than being crammed where they are). It is amazing the fun things you can find when you are doing something like this . . . I have said so many times "now where did I get that?" Made several things over the weekend that I just can't show right now - hoping to get one more 'creative' task done today and get a couple packages in the mail to forum friends.

Keep the lights on and keep smiling.60316

CrazyMtnLady
November 4th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Good morning everyone.
Sandy: I feel for you with the aches and pains. I woke up during the night with AWFUL leg cramps. I had to stand in the shower and run hot water over my calf and ankle to get the cramps to stop. Then I rubbed some muscle rub into my leg. But my calf sure is tender this morning.
I plan on a few days of mega cleaning this week since I expect DH home before the weekend. I want the house to be spic and span when he gets home.
The wind was fierce here yesterday. I didn't think it was suppose to be that windy, but it blew over a canopy we had over the picnic table. Now it is in pile and some of the metal cross pieces are bent or broken. It was broke in one place to begin with, but now it is beyond hope. I do think I can take the canopy off it and we can use it again, I think we have another frame somewhere.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Mpyles
November 4th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Good morning everyone! Day 3 of staycation...I woke up with a head banging headache. Yuck! The problem with that is it is most likely a caffeine headache. I decided I was drinking to much so bought decade for my evening coffe and decaf tea for my evening cup before bed so I had no caffeine after about 3 yesterday...it worked on one side...I was in bed by 9:30 even after a 2 hour nap. But I had a horrible night of crazy dreams and woke up feeling like something the cat drug in. I prolly should of half decaf/cafed instead. I took the first shot before it even quit brewing....addiction..sheesh my body wasn't having any of that. So hopefully here before long it will be better. Tonight I will do it differently.

Sandy....do I know how you feel! After 34 years of standing all day on cement floors my body aches in a new place daily. I worry sometimes about all the aches, what I will be like in 20 years and will my kids have to cart me around?

Today we had planned to go up to the lake but the weather doesn't look good for the next few days so...dunno.

Well, everyone have a great day!!

MayinJerset
November 4th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Today seems to be catching up day for many of us, running around, cleaning the house, etc. This weekend we did a lot of clearing stuff out of our shed, storage closet and most of it is packed and ready for pickup by a Vets group later this week. I even got my fall clothes out and summer ones away. Today DH & I will also be running around, we both need to stop at motor vehicles, he's transferring plates and I have to renew my Handicap placard - so glad the motor vehicles recently opened an office in to our town. Then food shopping and errands. Need to double check my food shopping list to make sure I have all the ingredients for cakes for tomorrow's small group meeting at my house and ingredients for casserole I plan to make for my Guild's annual Harvest Supper on Thursday night. I also need to put the dolly quilts I made in my car so I don't forget to bring them to the supper for the Dolly Quilt Challenge. All dolly quilts are donated to local seniors group who pair them with dolls for girls and teddies for boys and give them as Christmas gifts to Head Start kids in their town. Think we need enough dolly quilts for 2 Head Start classes this year.

Spending quite a lot of time at my guild this week, lot of end year activities going on. Wednesday is the last Open Sew Day for this year and although I might not bring my machine to sew I need to return a book to our quilt library. Thursday is our big Harvest Supper and on Saturday I'll help run our last Pillowcase Sew In for the year. After this weekend the building we use will be cleared for the park's annual Holiday Shop - all types and sorts of hand made items for sale made by the general public as well as park and guild members , one gal makes jams that are delicious.

My guild has an nice arrangement with a historic park in the next town. We hold our monthly general meetings in their main building, hold workshops and sew ins in a small ranch house on the grounds that holds our stash room, supplies and quilt library. We also hold our bi annual quilt show in all of the park's buildings and grounds. In return guild members join the park, about $25 per year, and each year we make and raffle off a queen size quilt whose proceeds go to the park - that's our rent for using their property about 135 times a year, pretty good deal I think.

Going to finish my coffee, get dressed and take 2 Advil, along with you gals I'm aching today. Sometimes it is difficult to believe that commercial, "A body in motion, stays in motion.", especially when your body just want to lie down. Up and At Em everyone. May

PS: Shirley that quilt is so bright and cute, she's going to love it.

US Gals, Remember tomorrow is Election Day.

MRoy
November 4th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Good morning! I'm getting off to a slow start today. I'm going to vacuum the sewing room floor, do a load of laundry, and clean the interior of DH's "Sunday" truck....oh, and 30 minutes on the exercise bike. If I write here that I'm gonna do it, then I will. I'm off to start the laundry. Have a great day!

Granny Judy
November 4th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Resting and sewing today.. while DD#1 gets some sleep after working the night shift. Tomorrow we are off to do lunch with some relatives I haven't seen in many, many, moons. I need to run to a quilt shop and match some fabrics to go with donated blocks for the Battered Women's shelter. Thanks to Sandy N. I've got plenty of blocks to work with for a bit. She's a god sent.

The sun is shining and I'm all warm and happy here in Florida.

Mpyles
November 4th, 2013, 01:21 PM
The sun is shining and I'm all warm and happy here in Florida.

So happy you are enjoying your time with dd!

Bubby
November 4th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Morning...I'm heading to Houston to shop for a new camera....ours bit the dust this weekend. Seems we can't get by without a digital camera.

It's a dreary day and looks like it might rain. The Girls are napping...I've been embroidering. Jeff went to work sick with a bad cold. He doesn't want to take any time off right now because he is having surgery next month and will need his sick time then.

Beautiful quilt, Shirley. Treat yourself to something special at Joann!!

Have to run for now....I hope everything and everyone are fine.