PDA

View Full Version : Can you retrieved deleted saved emails in Yahoo?

coffeebreak
November 2nd, 2013, 01:32 PM
ANyone know if it is possible and how, to retrived emails I have SENT and saved in my Yahoo Sent folder, but about 2 weeks ago, deleted them all.....and now I need them back?

Story is... I saved all the emails I sent when I applied for a job for my husband. I saved all the emails I received back from those employers...all of course, saying he was over qualified and no job. I saved them for about 2 years worth. Why? Not sure, other than I tend to save things, thinking I will need them, but in recent years I have been accused relentlessly of being a pack rat (not really, but in some cases) and so now that he got a job about 2 weeks ago, I was "cleaning" things up and deleted those emails. Now I need them back for the name of the employer and date applied.

I have done a search and all I can find it a posibility of retreiving them for the last 7 days and even then not guarenteed. Any one have any suggestions?

Lisapc
November 2nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
This happened to me once by mistake in Gmail, I contacted google and they restored them for me. Maybe you can contact Yahoo and they can do the same for you?

coffeebreak
November 2nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
This happened to me once by mistake in Gmail, I contacted google and they restored them for me. Maybe you can contact Yahoo and they can do the same for you?

There was a form to do that, but it only gave me options of last 7 days. And didn't say if that was currently received or older ones saved. I'll have to see what they do.

Sharyn J
November 2nd, 2013, 03:03 PM
Have you looked in your Yahoo mail "Trash" folder? If you haven't emptied that folder, they should still be there.

BMG Gran
November 2nd, 2013, 04:52 PM
You could check in your recycle bin. They may be in there.

Lisapc
November 2nd, 2013, 05:11 PM
There was a form to do that, but it only gave me options of last 7 days. And didn't say if that was currently received or older ones saved. I'll have to see what they do.

That is what the form on Gmail said but before they restored anything they emailed me and asked me to fill out a form with a credit card (they charged nothing) to be able to prove I was who I said I was and I replied back that I was missing 8 months worth of emails and they restored everything. Even the junk I had deleted on purpose and wanted gone. It might be worth a try?

coffeebreak
November 2nd, 2013, 07:29 PM
Have you looked in your Yahoo mail "Trash" folder? If you haven't emptied that folder, they should still be there.

Yeah, I did. I empty that about once a week or so since I get so many emails for his job search.

coffeebreak
November 2nd, 2013, 07:29 PM
You could check in your recycle bin. They may be in there.

I did...it was empty

easyquilts
November 3rd, 2013, 12:02 PM
Can't you go to SENT, or TRASH? That's how I find mail I have either serpent or deleted...