PDA

View Full Version : Great Monday morning

mamaquilt
April 4th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Hi everybody,

It's a great Monday morning, although a little bit grey and rainy. But I feel great. Finished something that had been around for 20 years. Finished it with my broken wrist. Now I'll have to find something else to finish. That is not difficult in my sewing room. I still have some tin boxes from my mother to go throu. That'll be fun. Until later or maybe tomorrow, depending on my find
greetings from the G.D. of Luxembourg:icon_wave:4239

rebeccas-sewing
April 4th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Good morning to you,

Very pretty towels. Will you keep them or give them as a gift? I love doing cross-stitch, but it's been a while. I keep thinking I'm going to pull out some projects I've had packed away. It's a good thing to do while traveling. Easy to transport. Thanks for the inspiration.

Rebecca

P.S. My husband travels to Belgium tomorrow for a business meeting. I see that Luxembourg is very close to Belgium. I imagine it is very beautiful where you live. I'm hoping his company will acquire a job there and then I might get to visit. I'm from California in the USA but living in London with my husband who's on an ex-pat assignment with his company.

Blondie
April 4th, 2011, 06:32 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/tweetsdagoodmorn-vi.gif

happy Monday!
What lovely lovely lovely work on those towels!I used to stitch like that but leave that to my sis these days. I can't do small stitching WITHOUT the impediment of a cast / bad wrist. Going through Mom's stuff should be fun as well. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
Rebecca, how light do you have to travel? I am assuming you don't have furniture with you, just basics and of course your sewing machine? How many countries have you been to, lived in?

RFREE
April 4th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Good morning all my quilting buddies! I love getting up in the wee hours of the morning. I call it "Me time" Everybody else is asleep and the house is good and quiet. We are on spring break this week so lotsa spring cleaning ahead for me and Holly. She can't wait to get started. Thank goodness she loves to clean because I would rather be sewing. Ha Ha. Rebecca I have barely been out of Ky let alone out of the country. You could probably count the different states I have been to on one hand.Not a traveler at all. My brother offered to take me and Holly to Hawaii a couple years ago all expenses paid but I chickened out because I didn't want to fly. He is a pilot for United airlines. But that didn't even convince me.I will keep my feet planted on the ground thank you very much.
Momaquilt Your towels are very pretty. I am to impatient for crosstitch.Like Blondie I will leave that to my sisters as well. I have 2 sisters that love to crossstitch. Not for me!!
I hope you are healing well. You all have a great Monday. It is the annual Tater Day here 100+ years but I thinks they may get blown away today. Calling for severe weather to come in about noon.It is in the 70's this morning and the wind is relentless. Won't be catching me at Tater Day thats for sure.I will probably be sewing!!!

Loonwatcher
April 4th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Mama, great towels. The stitching is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

mamaquilt
April 4th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Good morning to you,

Very pretty towels. Will you keep them or give them as a gift? I love doing cross-stitch, but it's been a while. I keep thinking I'm going to pull out some projects I've had packed away. It's a good thing to do while traveling. Easy to transport. Thanks for the inspiration.

Rebecca

P.S. My husband travels to Belgium tomorrow for a business meeting. I see that Luxembourg is very close to Belgium. I imagine it is very beautiful where you live. I'm hoping his company will acquire a job there and then I might get to visit. I'm from California in the USA but living in London with my husband who's on an ex-pat assignment with his company.

Well, I don't know if I keep them, or if the kids'll have them. Anyway I'm glad there finished.

Belgium is our neighbour country in the West. Luxembourg is called the Green Heart of Europe. So if your husband gets a job in Belgium, don't miss Luxembourg. Not only because we're so small, 1 hour driving from west to east, (that is without any red lights or without traffic jams;) but Luxembourg has lots of castles, history and woods, but no MSQC. Luxembourg City was mentioned in 963.

Keep me informed and I maybe could show you around.

Michèle

janluna
April 4th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Wow,Michele, what an awesome gesture you have made. How sweet are you? Rebecca I think you have found a saint!
Good morning everyone! Beautiful work on the towels. My DIL does all the cross stitch around our family. She has done some pictures that have not less than 200 colors in them and they look like photos when she gets done. And how she does them so fast is beyond me. She is truly a talented women. She just got her PHD and has gotten a job in D. C. Now my son is going back to school for his. I doubt there will be grand kids from these two, they don't have time to breath let alone get pregnant. lol
Blondie I have missed you. I've missed everyone. I've been on but just here and there. I had Blondie's creeping crud. I don't know where it's going Blondie but I promise I won't send it back to you. Trish how is everything going for you? Love you all, Jan

Monique
April 4th, 2011, 10:11 AM
One more sleep till my trip. Can't wait. I will take lots of pics but they won't be on here till I get back next week.

Well the weekend is OVER!! Stag & doe was a huge success. It was a very late night and a very early morning for me. The baby slept in my room so I would be the one to get up with her and let everyone else sleep. So only had about 3 hours sleep. We also had a small birthday party for Maizyn who is 1 and Sadoria will be 8 tomorrow.

Well today is packing and last minute cleaning up after the weekend. I think hubby will survive without me.

I had a dream last night that Jenny Doan was going to personally teach me to quilt. She was sitting right next to me in a meeting room somewhere and was so tickled pink that I told her she had to come home with me. LOL!! And of course I was absolutely thrilled to be sitting next to her too. Even quliting invades my sleep.

Well all of you out there have a wonderful week. I will try and pop in if I can find a computer at the hotels.

See you all next week!!

Monique

Lisaau
April 4th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Waves g,day from OZ?.....its12am Tuesday morning I,m in bed hubby beside snoring I,m on my I -pad in the dark hehe........Belgium /Luxembourg sound so exotic to me .....sigh.....oh we'll one day I. ....Keep telling myself that one day.....right now I,d like to be at Bora Bora... In one. Of those huts over the ocean........warm water lapping at the back door.......stretched out on sun lounge reading a great book.

One can dream I guess ooh well one day see what 18 years of the IVF program does.....leaves one day dreaming and saying "one day" and drooling a lot ..........

rebeccas-sewing
April 4th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Actually, Joe's company shipped a load of our belongings. He said he didn't want to live with rented furniture. We brought over a sofa, loveseat, two ottomans, and a coffee table for the livingroom. In the bedroom we brought over our bed, a table for my sewing, a chifferobe and a chair. In the kitchen, we brought an old oak table and four kitchen chairs, plus everything we would need to to cook except small electrical appliances. The guestroom has a daybed with trundle, a single bed and some air mattresses that we stored away in one of the closets. For the move, we packed a lot of plastic crates with our belongings in them. To hide them in the flat, I brought over some wood cut at Home Depot and some glass cut at our local glass shop. I made covers with gathered skirts out of really inexpensive blue and white check fabric and made little tables using the crates as a base. They work for nightstands by the beds and end tables for the sofas. That was done so we could hide the crates and also store stuff that we don't use very often. Joe bought himself a fancy desk and office chair since he works out of the flat the majority of the time. I call it the command center. LOL In the hallway we have a huge bookcase that Joe built years ago. It holds lots of stuff. We are very well equipped. The scary thing, Blondie, when you go to my house in California you'd never know I had taken anything out of it. That's how much furniture and stuff we've accumulated over the years. When I think of moving I cringe. We'd have to do some serious downsizing.

When I first got to London, I went with a girlfriend to Italy for three weeks. I went to Paris for a day with some friends from high school I hadn't seen in over 30 years. I've been to Norway for three weeks when Joe went on business. At Christmas my mother-in-law our daughters came over to visit and take a trip to Germany. We went there to meet German relatives. We were just talking about renting a car so we can spend time exploring the English countryside. We'll do a bit of that when friends come later this month. We've done tons of things in London but there are a few museums we haven't seen yet and some historical mansions I'd like to tour. We just walked the entire length of Hyde Park day before yesterday. I got some pretty pictures of the flowers and plants blooming. I want to visit Regent's Park next. Some of "The King's Speech" was filmed there and it looks so beautiful. I also want to visit Kew Gardens. I think the month of May should be outstanding for that. I hope I didn't bore you with all this. It might've been a bit more info. than you were looking for. LOLvisit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/tweetsdagoodmorn-vi.gif

happy Monday!
What lovely lovely lovely work on those towels!I used to stitch like that but leave that to my sis these days. I can't do small stitching WITHOUT the impediment of a cast / bad wrist. Going through Mom's stuff should be fun as well. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
Rebecca, how light do you have to travel? I am assuming you don't have furniture with you, just basics and of course your sewing machine? How many countries have you been to, lived in?

toggpine
April 4th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hi everybody!
I AM going to get some sewing done today. I am, I am, I am!
The towels look great! I haven't done much cross stitch since Em was born. Those spools of floss are awfully tempting for little fingers!
Off to get some stitching done. No, really!
Cathy

rebeccas-sewing
April 4th, 2011, 03:40 PM
That's very sweet of you Michèle! I'll keep that in mind. My fingers and toes are crossed in hopes that I get to see your beautiful Luxembourg.
Well, I don't know if I keep them, or if the kids'll have them. Anyway I'm glad there finished.

Belgium is our neighbour country in the West. Luxembourg is called the Green Heart of Europe. So if your husband gets a job in Belgium, don't miss Luxembourg. Not only because we're so small, 1 hour driving from west to east, (that is without any red lights or without traffic jams;) but Luxembourg has lots of castles, history and woods, but no MSQC. Luxembourg City was mentioned in 963.

Keep me informed and I maybe could show you around.

Michèle

rebeccas-sewing
April 4th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Yes, I am excited to be making new friends around our world. I'm hoping to visit with our quilty friend, Loulou, next month. I'm very interested to visit her village near the sea. I'm planning to take her to lunch and maybe I'll get a chance to visit the shop where she buys her fabric. Wouldn't that be super fun? I'll keep you posted.
Wow,Michele, what an awesome gesture you have made. How sweet are you? Rebecca I think you have found a saint!
Good morning everyone! Beautiful work on the towels. My DIL does all the cross stitch around our family. She has done some pictures that have not less than 200 colors in them and they look like photos when she gets done. And how she does them so fast is beyond me. She is truly a talented women. She just got her PHD and has gotten a job in D. C. Now my son is going back to school for his. I doubt there will be grand kids from these two, they don't have time to breath let alone get pregnant. lol
Blondie I have missed you. I've missed everyone. I've been on but just here and there. I had Blondie's creeping crud. I don't know where it's going Blondie but I promise I won't send it back to you. Trish how is everything going for you? Love you all, Jan

patticakes
April 4th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Good Afternoon Quilters!
Mamaquilt - Your towels are lovely. I think that anything related to housework should be as beautiful as possible, although my "tools" don't reflect that.
Rhonda - I hear ya on the "Me-Time" early in the am. Nothing better than just having that quiet time first thing in the morning! I must say I am intrigued by Tater Days. I love taters, could eat them all day long!
Jan - Hope you are getting to the end of the "crud". I sure was miserable and still find myself caught in the middle of a coughing fit after four weeks of suffering. I think we need some sunshine to warm our bones!
Monique - What a nice dream! Are you watching the tutorials over and over?? I do, hoping all that fun and skill rubs off on me! Have a good trip!
Lisaau - I think Australia sounds exotic!! Wish I could visit someday.
Rebecca - It must feel good to have some of your own furnishing around you. I love to travel but I love to come home even more! What a great adventure it sounds like you are having. How long will you be living there?

I am being paid to work from home all week but there is really not too much to do. Today I did the payroll and sent an email to the owner with follow up pictures of the store after we were finished moving out. Also sent my agenda for the rest of the week and wrote some reference letters for the associates.
I took everything out of my laundry room/closet and scrubbed til it was spotless and loaded only what I wanted back in. It is my plan to clean at least one small area each day this week and start on the big projects next week. Purging will clear the cobwebs out of my head too since I feel kind of lost right now! DD will be here on Thursday to spend the weekend. We plan on visiting Ikea and I am hoping I can get her to drive a little further down the road to a little quilt store that I love. They have a huge selection of batiks, the biggest I have ever seen! I don't have much of a budget for fabric these days but what is life if you can't treat yourself to something small??
Well, I am off to go bake some banana chocolate chip muffins to use up a couple brown nanas that I just can't toss away due to all the starving people in other countries (thanks Grandma).
Yours til the cat barks, <giggle to Blondie>
Patti

rebeccas-sewing
April 4th, 2011, 04:11 PM
The assignment was supposed to be for two years but it looks like they're going to extend our stay for another year. Don't know if we'll stay in London or if they'll want us to relocate to Amsterdam. We'll probably know in another month or two.
Good Afternoon Quilters!
Mamaquilt - Your towels are lovely. I think that anything related to housework should be as beautiful as possible, although my "tools" don't reflect that.
Rhonda - I hear ya on the "Me-Time" early in the am. Nothing better than just having that quiet time first thing in the morning! I must say I am intrigued by Tater Days. I love taters, could eat them all day long!
Jan - Hope you are getting to the end of the "crud". I sure was miserable and still find myself caught in the middle of a coughing fit after four weeks of suffering. I think we need some sunshine to warm our bones!
Monique - What a nice dream! Are you watching the tutorials over and over?? I do, hoping all that fun and skill rubs off on me! Have a good trip!
Lisaau - I think Australia sounds exotic!! Wish I could visit someday.
Rebecca - It must feel good to have some of your own furnishing around you. I love to travel but I love to come home even more! What a great adventure it sounds like you are having. How long will you be living there?

I am being paid to work from home all week but there is really not too much to do. Today I did the payroll and sent an email to the owner with follow up pictures of the store after we were finished moving out. Also sent my agenda for the rest of the week and wrote some reference letters for the associates.
I took everything out of my laundry room/closet and scrubbed til it was spotless and loaded only what I wanted back in. It is my plan to clean at least one small area each day this week and start on the big projects next week. Purging will clear the cobwebs out of my head too since I feel kind of lost right now! DD will be here on Thursday to spend the weekend. We plan on visiting Ikea and I am hoping I can get her to drive a little further down the road to a little quilt store that I love. They have a huge selection of batiks, the biggest I have ever seen! I don't have much of a budget for fabric these days but what is life if you can't treat yourself to something small??
Well, I am off to go bake some banana chocolate chip muffins to use up a couple brown nanas that I just can't toss away due to all the starving people in other countries (thanks Grandma).
Yours til the cat barks, <giggle to Blondie>
Patti

rebeccas-sewing
April 4th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Well, I suppose it's good that some folks such as yourself are loyal to your "roots." My mother-in-law never wanted to fly. She and my father-in-law would drive very long distances instead. Now that Joe Sr. has passed on she flies everywhere. She really surprised me! I sure am glad she got over her fear. She's had so many wonderful experiences now that she's taken to the sky. I'm trying to imagine myself turning down a free trip to Hawaii. I've been there twice and it is so beautiful. You don't know what you're missing, my dear. I've always been one to take a few risks. Life is too short to let the world go by without experiencing as much of it as one can. There is so much beauty in our world. I feel so blessed every chance I get to experience another part of it. On top of the beauty of our world are all the wonderful people I've met along the way.
Good morning all my quilting buddies! I love getting up in the wee hours of the morning. I call it "Me time" Everybody else is asleep and the house is good and quiet. We are on spring break this week so lotsa spring cleaning ahead for me and Holly. She can't wait to get started. Thank goodness she loves to clean because I would rather be sewing. Ha Ha. Rebecca I have barely been out of Ky let alone out of the country. You could probably count the different states I have been to on one hand.Not a traveler at all. My brother offered to take me and Holly to Hawaii a couple years ago all expenses paid but I chickened out because I didn't want to fly. He is a pilot for United airlines. But that didn't even convince me.I will keep my feet planted on the ground thank you very much.
Momaquilt Your towels are very pretty. I am to impatient for crosstitch.Like Blondie I will leave that to my sisters as well. I have 2 sisters that love to crossstitch. Not for me!!
I hope you are healing well. You all have a great Monday. It is the annual Tater Day here 100+ years but I thinks they may get blown away today. Calling for severe weather to come in about noon.It is in the 70's this morning and the wind is relentless. Won't be catching me at Tater Day thats for sure.I will probably be sewing!!!

quiltingtrish
April 4th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Hi everyone! Sounds like everyone is busy beavers with the yard work, the sewing, etc. etc.
Rebecca - I love reading about your travels. When I lived in Germany for 2 years I didn't get alot of time off (in the Army on top of a mountain), but I did manage to get to Paris for a weekend, Denmark and Holland (went across to Sweeden at midnight for a 1/2 hour visit) for a weekend, and down into the Black Forest of Germany. Saw lots and lots and never regretted any of my traveling. I would have liked to see Belgium, London, and Spain but those trips would have taken longer leave times and they wouldn't let me go.
The lady's house I went to that was selling cotton material for $1.-$2. a yard. Well, I was amazed! Usually you check out material that is posted on Craigs List and it turns out that even though it's listed as cotton, it is knits or polyester cause the people don't know what they have. This lady is a quilter. She had an entire basement filled with armoire's and closets of fabric. She had a gorgeous, huge cabinet in the middle of the room with storage underneath that she said was given to her by a friend that was closing out a shop. Anyways, she showed me a back room where I could go and choose what I wanted. Shelves of fabrics and a also had about 30 bolts of various fabrics. She said she was a person in charge of the Linus project for about 7 or 9 years and just recently decided that she had to get rid of some of her stock. I spent $38. and came home with yards of stuff. Even got unfinished blocks and there was also a good pieced size or two of a friendship braid that I will turn into something. She opened up another set of closet doors where more fabric was all neatly stored on shelves by color and said she had to go through that too. I am going to keep my eye peeled on Craigs List for her next sale. She told me to let as many friends know about her sale and she would welcome them in anytime.
Well, looks like its time for me to get dinner made. Hubby is out working in the yard and I've got some ham slices and potatoes to cook up. Didn't feel very well for the past 2 days but am hungry now finally.
Hope you all have a great evening. I'll check back in later!
Hugs,

ginampls
April 4th, 2011, 07:15 PM
nope not me... but happy to report i slept through the night last night.. i hope i can do it again tonight..

debinmalaga
April 4th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Lisa, what's the IVF program?

debinmalaga
April 4th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Rebecca, how wonderful to have such opportunities for travel. I have family members like you and family members like Rhonda. I'm in between - not terribly fond of flying but love to visit other places and do so whenever I can, which hasn't been often. I've never left the US, so reading about your travels is quite intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

Mamaquilt, LOVE the towels!

Jan, hope you continue to feel better.

patticakes, nice to work from home and you're doing what I've often done during a stressful time. Clean! And throw things away! It's very freeing yet comforting for me. I'm sure wonderful things are headed your way.

Finished another table runner, did a Basket of Flowers using the Blush charm pack I won in the weekly giveaway (thanks MSQC!). I went blind or got dumb or something and wound up with two like colors right smack next to each other. Somehow I managed to not notice this until after I'd quilted it. I don't understand how I missed it, but I did. Oh well, I'm keeping it; it was supposed to be for a charity fundraising chinese auction, but of course isn't good enough. So I'm donating one of my Dresden table runners - really hate to part with it, but maybe it'll raise some money for a co-worker who needs it.

Hope everyone had a good day. Ham steaks and potatos sound good, and I agree that Tater Day sounds interesting!

Have a great evening, all.

Blondie
April 4th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Hi Ladies
Been a long day - the rest of this week and part of next will see me fairly scarce. Mom has some major appts coming up and they always wear me out. tomorrow is to the stupid GP, which I look at as a major waste of time and money. (Plus I think that is where I picked up that crud the end of February!) The next day is a surgeon visit for him to look at his handiwork. Next week are two tests and oncologist visit. Tired just thinking of all the hurry up and wait, not to mention I am really praying about the tests next week. Jan, I know you will be standing in the gap praying. Thanks in advance.

Today was sunny and windy; tomorrow is s;posed to be rainy, starting tonight. I did some blocks for swaps today; I can sure mess up some blocks before I get it right! Good grief. Had Gracie downstairs with me most of the day and Dinah Kitty was getting fairly brave about her distance. I think she has realized she outweighs Gracie by a few pounds. Dinah is one fat furball.
Went out to bring sis home this afternoon and had a flat. Grrr. We walked up to her house and her hubs was just coming in. Dear man took the tire and had it fixed for me.
Rebecca, years ago - back in the early 80's I got to do some travel in Europe and also went to Japan in the late 70's.
I was able to do a quick tour of London, Paris, and little else. Certainly didn't do any justice for myself in retrospect. But what I shall never forget is the lovely countryside in England and France. And country folk are country folk whatever country they are in. In Japan, I stayed with an old room mate from college, Megumi. I have been there twice in my life each time staying over 2 weeks. I have not heard from her since the tragedy over there. We have been friends for 40 years. The folks I met over there were more than gracious, lots of laughter and fond memories. The last place she was living was Osaka but I don't know why except for possible 'net problems I haven't heard from her.

Would love to travel this country - so much here I haven't seen yet. I will leave globe trotting to you Rebecca, and also to my oldest son who is a well seasoned world traveler.

Jan, hope you are soon over this nasty stuff and thank you for sending it anywhere but to NC. Since my DD works at the hospital I am always wiping things down with Lysol and spraying everywhere. I call her my plague monkey -

Waving to everyone a happy good night and in Oz - a happy day.

Lisaau
April 5th, 2011, 05:48 AM
DebinMalaga IVF- Invitor Fertilization ...test tube babies

rebeccas-sewing
April 5th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Sounds like to hit the "mother-lode!" Lucky you! That'll be my poor husband if I die first. I was thinking about it the other night wondering what on earth he'd do with the contents of my sewing room.

Yes, Trish, those memories will always be with you and no one can take them away from you. I feel like one's life is really enriched if one is fortunate enough to travel and see the sights.
Hi everyone! Sounds like everyone is busy beavers with the yard work, the sewing, etc. etc.
Rebecca - I love reading about your travels. When I lived in Germany for 2 years I didn't get alot of time off (in the Army on top of a mountain), but I did manage to get to Paris for a weekend, Denmark and Holland (went across to Sweeden at midnight for a 1/2 hour visit) for a weekend, and down into the Black Forest of Germany. Saw lots and lots and never regretted any of my traveling. I would have liked to see Belgium, London, and Spain but those trips would have taken longer leave times and they wouldn't let me go.
The lady's house I went to that was selling cotton material for $1.-$2. a yard. Well, I was amazed! Usually you check out material that is posted on Craigs List and it turns out that even though it's listed as cotton, it is knits or polyester cause the people don't know what they have. This lady is a quilter. She had an entire basement filled with armoire's and closets of fabric. She had a gorgeous, huge cabinet in the middle of the room with storage underneath that she said was given to her by a friend that was closing out a shop. Anyways, she showed me a back room where I could go and choose what I wanted. Shelves of fabrics and a also had about 30 bolts of various fabrics. She said she was a person in charge of the Linus project for about 7 or 9 years and just recently decided that she had to get rid of some of her stock. I spent $38. and came home with yards of stuff. Even got unfinished blocks and there was also a good pieced size or two of a friendship braid that I will turn into something. She opened up another set of closet doors where more fabric was all neatly stored on shelves by color and said she had to go through that too. I am going to keep my eye peeled on Craigs List for her next sale. She told me to let as many friends know about her sale and she would welcome them in anytime.
Well, looks like its time for me to get dinner made. Hubby is out working in the yard and I've got some ham slices and potatoes to cook up. Didn't feel very well for the past 2 days but am hungry now finally.
Hope you all have a great evening. I'll check back in later!
Hugs,

rebeccas-sewing
April 5th, 2011, 06:42 AM
What's up, Gina? Sleep but a lousy evening? Sorry to hear it about the lousy evening.
nope not me... but happy to report i slept through the night last night.. i hope i can do it again tonight..

rebeccas-sewing
April 5th, 2011, 06:51 AM
There's still a lot of the US I haven't seen. It's a such a huge country. I've seen all states on the east coast some of the southern states at the basin of our country, some of the west, very little of the mid-west. I'd love to have the time and money to continue up the west coast from California and travel east across the northern states. Then I'd like to fly to Missouri and meet up with all our quilty friends for a get-together at MSQC. That would be sooooo fun! We could have a big party, with delicious mid-western foods, spend lots of money at MSQC where they would have everything on sale for our benefit 50% off. Oops! Dreaming!!!!
Rebecca, how wonderful to have such opportunities for travel. I have family members like you and family members like Rhonda. I'm in between - not terribly fond of flying but love to visit other places and do so whenever I can, which hasn't been often. I've never left the US, so reading about your travels is quite intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

Mamaquilt, LOVE the towels!

Jan, hope you continue to feel better.

patticakes, nice to work from home and you're doing what I've often done during a stressful time. Clean! And throw things away! It's very freeing yet comforting for me. I'm sure wonderful things are headed your way.

Finished another table runner, did a Basket of Flowers using the Blush charm pack I won in the weekly giveaway (thanks MSQC!). I went blind or got dumb or something and wound up with two like colors right smack next to each other. Somehow I managed to not notice this until after I'd quilted it. I don't understand how I missed it, but I did. Oh well, I'm keeping it; it was supposed to be for a charity fundraising chinese auction, but of course isn't good enough. So I'm donating one of my Dresden table runners - really hate to part with it, but maybe it'll raise some money for a co-worker who needs it.

Hope everyone had a good day. Ham steaks and potatos sound good, and I agree that Tater Day sounds interesting!

Have a great evening, all.

rebeccas-sewing
April 5th, 2011, 07:01 AM
How wonderful you had a chance to do some traveling! Especially to the exotic country of Japan!

I understand your frustration with the doctor visits. My sister takes care of our mom. She gets depressed now and then because she feels like all she does is work and take my mom to the doctor. I try to cheer her up but there's not much I can do. I hope you take things with you when you go to the appointments. It's good to keep your mind busy with a good book or your hands busy with some needlework. I'm planning to do some of those lovely dresdens and save the handwork for the plane back to the US. I can't sleep on the plane. I have to keep busy so I don't go nuts on that long journey.
Hi Ladies
Been a long day - the rest of this week and part of next will see me fairly scarce. Mom has some major appts coming up and they always wear me out. tomorrow is to the stupid GP, which I look at as a major waste of time and money. (Plus I think that is where I picked up that crud the end of February!) The next day is a surgeon visit for him to look at his handiwork. Next week are two tests and oncologist visit. Tired just thinking of all the hurry up and wait, not to mention I am really praying about the tests next week. Jan, I know you will be standing in the gap praying. Thanks in advance.

Today was sunny and windy; tomorrow is s;posed to be rainy, starting tonight. I did some blocks for swaps today; I can sure mess up some blocks before I get it right! Good grief. Had Gracie downstairs with me most of the day and Dinah Kitty was getting fairly brave about her distance. I think she has realized she outweighs Gracie by a few pounds. Dinah is one fat furball.
Went out to bring sis home this afternoon and had a flat. Grrr. We walked up to her house and her hubs was just coming in. Dear man took the tire and had it fixed for me.
Rebecca, years ago - back in the early 80's I got to do some travel in Europe and also went to Japan in the late 70's.
I was able to do a quick tour of London, Paris, and little else. Certainly didn't do any justice for myself in retrospect. But what I shall never forget is the lovely countryside in England and France. And country folk are country folk whatever country they are in. In Japan, I stayed with an old room mate from college, Megumi. I have been there twice in my life each time staying over 2 weeks. I have not heard from her since the tragedy over there. We have been friends for 40 years. The folks I met over there were more than gracious, lots of laughter and fond memories. The last place she was living was Osaka but I don't know why except for possible 'net problems I haven't heard from her.

Would love to travel this country - so much here I haven't seen yet. I will leave globe trotting to you Rebecca, and also to my oldest son who is a well seasoned world traveler.

Jan, hope you are soon over this nasty stuff and thank you for sending it anywhere but to NC. Since my DD works at the hospital I am always wiping things down with Lysol and spraying everywhere. I call her my plague monkey -

Waving to everyone a happy good night and in Oz - a happy day.

rebeccas-sewing
April 5th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Okay, Lisa, what did I miss? Are you doing invitro? If so, that's pretty exciting stuff. Please fill me in on your comment. Sometimes I get frustrated because comments come up and I wonder how the heck I missed what was being discussed. As you see, I'm in the "Forum" every morning with coffee and breakfast. Sometimes I pop back on a few times during the day to see if anyone has posted something new.

Lisaau
April 5th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Rebecca weve been doing IVF for 18 yrs and weve lost 19 embryos which didnt become pregnancies and 1 which did and died at 8 wks into the pregnancy. So weve lost 20 embryos all up and weve got 3 left frozen and we are going back for the last time to use the last 3 embryos and then its the end of the road for us. At least we will be able to look back in 20 yrs time and say we know the result and not wonder what if :) ..its been a long hard road. All we want is 1 baby ....

Okay, Lisa, what did I miss? Are you doing invitro? If so, that's pretty exciting stuff. Please fill me in on your comment. Sometimes I get frustrated because comments come up and I wonder how the heck I missed what was being discussed. As you see, I'm in the "Forum" every morning with coffee and breakfast. Sometimes I pop back on a few times during the day to see if anyone has posted something new.