PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl Halloween Party!

Lisapc
November 1st, 2013, 12:49 AM
Happy Halloween Night Owls!

First extra prayers for all of our forum members in need and some special ones to keep a close watch over our Supreme Night Owl Cyndi!

My Brenna and Joey took Lil' Peter, Kora and Lillyana trick or treating at their friends tonight. The first time we didn't all go together. We had a whole 2 little goblin beggars because it started raining around 4pm and hasn't stopped. When the kids all came back here they were soaked head to toe. A Zombie, Dead Cheerleader (don't tell her she was a zombie, she doesn't like zombies) and a baby blue sea horse.

Hubby and I had a whole 3 hours to ourselves for the first time since Lil' Peter was born. It was a nice Halloween here.

So how did you celebrate?

grammakim04
November 1st, 2013, 01:00 AM
Our weather was cool so we had a fewer kids this year. DH has always loved giving out the treats to the kids every year so I set his wheelchair on our front porch and put a quilt on his lap and made up a thermos of hot chocolate and we sat outside while the kids came around. He had a blast! It was so nice to see him smile so much.

So now it's all quiet and I'm going thru my Christmas Craft files as the coordinators of the Support Day group Chuck attends has asked me if I could assist with crafts for the clients that come there. I previously taught Sunday School for 15 years so have lots of stuff and I've come to really care for for the others that attend the group with Chuck. I think it will be lots of fun for me also.

Otherwise, our custom for Halloween is to watch the golden oldie movies such as Frankenstein and the Mummy from the 1940's, just love those movies.

Kim

pcbatiks
November 1st, 2013, 01:01 AM
I had a very lazy day.......kept an eye on the weather this morning. We had tornado warnings but thankfully nothing happened. We have had rain all day & it finally stopped about 5 this evening. So DH & I went out for pizza! We haven't had trick or greater here in about 25 years.....our road is too busy. But I did see two kids dressed like the Duck Dynasty people last night!

bkthomas
November 1st, 2013, 01:10 AM
I was on Candy Duty for a while....there weren't many because we are at a dead - end (circle) at the top of a hill. But we had a few.....

Lisapc
November 1st, 2013, 01:17 AM
Our weather was cool so we had a fewer kids this year. DH has always loved giving out the treats to the kids every year so I set his wheelchair on our front porch and put a quilt on his lap and made up a thermos of hot chocolate and we sat outside while the kids came around. He had a blast! It was so nice to see him smile so much.

So now it's all quiet and I'm going thru my Christmas Craft files as the coordinators of the Support Day group Chuck attends has asked me if I could assist with crafts for the clients that come there. I previously taught Sunday School for 15 years so have lots of stuff and I've come to really care for for the others that attend the group with Chuck. I think it will be lots of fun for me also.

Otherwise, our custom for Halloween is to watch the golden oldie movies such as Frankenstein and the Mummy from the 1940's, just love those movies.

Kim

When I was pregnant on bed rest Peter set up a chair for me, plugged in a heater and I passed out the candy to 78 kids. 4 yrs later I did the same for him when he was sick (had to wear a mask) and we had 74 kids. No other year had we ever had more than 50. It was a very special night for each of us. I think what you did for your hubby was great, I am so glad he had fun.

ksap
November 1st, 2013, 01:47 AM
A quiet Halloween night here too. We only had about 6 trick-or-treaters, not too many young kids in this neighborhood.

Halloween has made me feel a little nostalgic so I spent part of the evening going through old photo albums, looking for Halloween pictures. I enjoyed my walk down memory lane. I sewed a lot of the kids costumes through the years. I made an adorable mouse costume for my oldest DD, she wore it when she was 4 and then each of her 4 siblings have worn it at some point as well. It's the same for the clown costume, the dragon, the angel, the bunny, the jaguar, the princess, etc. Lots of cute pictures. All of these costumes are packed away in the basement, just waiting for those grandchildren that I hope to have some day. :icon_bigsmile:

Lindagie
November 1st, 2013, 02:07 AM
Last night our son brought the 3 little ones over for their Halloween bags and treats; Tigger, a Pirate, and a Biker Chick! Seven months, 3 1/2, and 7. Too cute! They took the kids to a few friend's homes tonight. The weather has been cold and rainy, so there weren't too many kids out tonight from what I've heard. We live out of town, so haven't had any trick or treaters here since our kids were young when their friend's parents drove them out here. DH and I ate dinner and then watched a football game. I worked on a quilt top for awhile. Now I am just watching some things that I had on DVR this week; that usually makes me fall asleep.
I sure hope all is well with Cyndi and her family; pretty serious and scary stuff. Saying a little prayer for their safety. That is all!

bubba
November 1st, 2013, 02:15 AM
After spending a day at jury duty and finally getting called (!!!!), I came home, made a big pot of winter white chili and we headed out to Puyallup to my sisters house for the evening. She and her husband set up a haunted house in their garage and you should have heard the screams!!! I finally went thru during a brief lull and I can't say I enjoyed myself!

Came home to hear our neighbor had just come out of kidney transplant surgery, so that was an added treat!

toggpine
November 1st, 2013, 02:21 AM
We were on the other side of the bridge for Em speech therapy appointment, so we headed to Mom's for trick or treat. It was nice. About half of the homes had their lights on, and were the long time residents of the street. It was nice to catchup with them for a few minutes. We went one street over and can tell that they don't get many visitors either. One guy was loading Em's bag and his friend was like, "Give her some more! We hardly ever get anybody down here!" I made him stop with two man-hand sized fist fulls.

She had fun, and Daddy will eat most of her candy.

My cold is making progress. I feel like doing more than just sleeping. Hopefully I'll get some stuff done around the house tomorrow! The carpet is in dire need of a visit by the vacuum!

I'm going to go tuck the red dinosaur in bed, and head there myself.
Good night all!

MayinJerset
November 1st, 2013, 04:13 AM
Extra Prayers for Cyndi and our Forum members this Halloween night and Bubba's neighbor who has the kidney transplant..

60020 Come on over Night Owls I have Donuts!

DS wanted to greet the Halloween Trick or Treaters which was OK with me as I have been doing it for 53 years. I went out shopping at the Dollar Store. Spent quite a bit of time choosing 10 different coloring books for my grand nieces and nephews. Family is too big to exchange Christmas gifts but I like to have a little something for the little kids when we get together early in December. Last year it was a Christmas mug with packets of hot chocolate. One year I also gave the parents a little gift of home made jam and one niece in law dubbed me Aunt Jam!

DH had a class until 4:30 so afterwards we met near Joann's where I was going to use the special Halloween coupons for a little something for my Secret Pal. That didn't work out as I took the envelope with my food shopping list and supermarket coupons and not the one with Joann's. DH and I had an early light dinner, stopped at Costco where I rode around looking for some new dinner ideas but left with a book and a box of mini doughnuts, doughnuts are very tasty. We caught the last of the Trick or Treaters when we got back, still have enough mini chocolates left to keep all 3 of us happy for awhile.

HdWench
November 1st, 2013, 04:14 AM
Big Prayers to Cyndi for her families safety

Gosh I've been lazy so tonight I sew (just turned midnight), fresh pot of coffee on and pills ready to keep things "nice" hahaha

This afternoon we dressed Jasmine (our manequiin) here's the picture as the kids would see when we opened the front door to them

Memory lane I wore that dress eons ago during the Disco hey-days :icon_rolleyes: and omg I still have it!! Looks good on her with the black boa and witch hat with spiders

Only had 18 kids... when we heard the cars driving them in from other areas, we shut the lights out

Ok who believe's it is Already November 1st?????????? WOW where did our year go???

Debbie

turena65
November 1st, 2013, 04:26 AM
My day was spent putting binding on my parents quilt, then I helped hubby make chili for the church's annual trunk or treat and chili feed for church members and members of the community. We made 2 batches, one was mild that everyone finished to the last drop and one was extremely hot... he won the award for hottest chili. Yay him... I hate hot chili. ;)

Our dd went to a friends house for their annual haunted house party, she had a great time scaring other people. I guess her friends helped her out of her wheelchair and she was sitting on the ground playing dead most of the time :). I went to work tonight and before I was here even 15 minutes, I got to help a mom deliver a baby! Talk about fun... lucky kid, a party every year on her birthday :).

So that was MY Halloween... we live too far out of town for trick or treaters, I don't live close enough to our grandson to spend time with him today, and our daughter is too old to trick or treat...

HdWench
November 1st, 2013, 04:29 AM
My gosh you win!!! A new baby delivered, how exciting on Halloween and that party sounded like she had tons of fun playing "dead" hhaha Hope you do get to see your grandson soon!

Cathy F
November 1st, 2013, 04:47 AM
Well I thought the weather would prevent the trick or treater's from coming out but the rain cleared off and we had a good showing from around 4:30-6:30, I love watching the little ones run up to the door in their costumes and this year we had a little fella about 4 who was the cutest little pumpkin! We had about 30 kids come, we gave out candy and wendy's coupons for a free frosty, last year the kids loved the coupons and their eyes lit up again this year at getting them along with a piece of candy. We have allot of candy left over but the biggest "kid" has been making a dent in it after we didn't get anymore kids for the night. Then my husband wonders why he has indigestion! Hmmmm, could it be all the chocolate he ate!? :)

Hulamoon
November 1st, 2013, 05:03 AM
My Halloween always starts off with the Today show to watch the costumes in the crowd. The cast was to funny this year too. Matt came out in a Baywatch swimsuit and long blonde hair. lol

Then I stopped at my dd's house to drop off something I found at the store (got one for my secret pal too, shhh) Played with her doggie that I miss and gave him some water. His bowl was bone dry!

Had the little bus thing happen (in another thread) and took a nap. lol We live in the boonies so we never had kids come here. I miss that. Vegging out in front of the Tv. So exciting isn't it? lol

Shadowirish
November 1st, 2013, 12:31 PM
We haven't had any treaters for the last five years or so, so this year we went out for dinner then went to the local mall and watched all the rug-rats and their keepers! It was fun to see all the imaginative things that were created....great place for people watching.