PDA

View Full Version : The strangest sitiuation.

Hulamoon
October 31st, 2013, 10:41 PM
I hope I can explain this right.

I went on a little banking and food shopping run. I come up to the corner where I turn to my street, it's a T, you can only turn left or right. There is a bus stop there. My kids went to this stop all their lives so I know how far back to stop to let the bus turn.

I always hang back because some bus drivers go back and some go forwards to do the turn.

Anyway this lady followed him on his tail and when the driver was trying to back up she was honking her horn. So I sat there, no where to go and watched the whole thing unfold. The driver got out of the bus and gave the lady a tongue lashing. There was a mom next to me that tried to calm the situation.

I talked to the mom after and she lives on my street. She tried to put some sense into this girl.

So the honker doesn't know the rules of a small neighbor hood yet. Wearing head phones and honking at a school bus.

My little story of the day :)

Sorry I should of put this in chit chat.You can move it if you want almighty mods hehe

easyquilts
October 31st, 2013, 10:51 PM
All I can say is the time honored...Good Grief!

PeggyM
October 31st, 2013, 10:53 PM
I completely get this! The bridge over the Beltway in my neighborhood is under construction. I always stop short of the line because there are often big trucks trying to come off the Beltway and need much more room. I'd rather give it than lose the front of my car, but apparently others don't see the need to accommodate.

MRoy
October 31st, 2013, 11:03 PM
I totally get it too. Buses and big trucks need extra room and I stay back and give it to them. Some people just don't understand this...or don't want to! DH often pulls a long trailer behind his truck and he needs more room to make a turn. I've heard his stories (with some choice words added) about nearly clipping drivers who run up beside him when he's trying to make a right turn.

Lisapc
November 1st, 2013, 01:06 AM
There is so little respect for school buses, fire engines, police and rescue crews these days. I never would consider not giving any of those vehicles the right away and the room they need to do their jobs but I see it almost every time I am out driving. It is strange!

Terri
November 1st, 2013, 04:21 AM
I don't get it either. When it comes to (as Lisa said) school buses, semis, ambulances, police cars, fire trucks.....I give them plenty of room and then some. My oldest son (who will be 32 in Dec) has been a volunteer firefighter/first responder since he was 17 or 18--I honestly can't remember. He puts his life on the line because this is something he LOVES and has wanted to do since he was old enough to answer the age old question "what do you want to be when you grow up?" & he does not get paid a single red cent. His answer never wavered. That being said, I have heard more stories than I care to hear from him about the "idiots" who won't get out of their way, make room, get over etc. He doesn't get paid for this...but it is his passion. From experience working for our county in the finance dept doing payroll, I KNOW that police, EMT's, firefighters, school bus drivers & even crossing guards do not get paid anywhere near what they are worth. Just how much is your or a family members life worth??

Rant over...getting off my soap box.....

HdWench
November 1st, 2013, 04:24 AM
My gosh!!! Anyone who ever drove a big bus, vehicle towing a trailer we all "get" how big a turn ratio needs to be - and give the dang School bus plenty of room! You all know what a New York minute is, right? The time it takes the idiot behind you to honk his/her horn when the light JUST turns green *sigh*

Doesn't it seem there are just more impatient folks the last few years? Maybe the bad economy, housing blah blah but a School Bus kids or not, always used to get priority. Sorry for the Bus driver to have to get out to try and talk sense into a person missing some cards from their deck hehehe

Debbie

Iris Girl
November 1st, 2013, 05:34 AM
yep I certainly get it, My hubby is a truck driver and has been for many years of trucks of all kinds and sizes including school buses, so we ALWAYS leave lots of room. There is an intersection in the next town down from us where we pass every day small town buildings close to the road and a quarry on one of the streets so lots of big trucks, lines are marked at the light accordingly to give the trucks swing room. How many days do I get to that light and someone is stopped in front of the line instead of behind. I always stop well behind.. Some people just never get it, I have found they are selfish me -first type people, I see them all the time in retail.

Kelly F
November 1st, 2013, 08:07 AM
common sense eludes some people. <------ need that on a bumper sticker. :)