PDA

View Full Version : I hope you don't see us on the evening news

cyndiofthevortex
October 31st, 2013, 09:17 PM
Our whole family is in danger. A step-father of one of DD Bethany's foster children has threatened to harm us. He is a violent man and openly carries a gun. The police are providing us with protection but we are all on edge here. This is real and it is serious.

Please pray protection for everyone involved in keeping this child, her family and our family safe. We are leaning on God for peace and protection.

Lisapc
October 31st, 2013, 09:20 PM
Cyndi:

I have been thinking of you all day and your family is always in my prayers. Your police department is small but well trained. God will help them to keep you all safe.

MRoy
October 31st, 2013, 09:28 PM
Praying for everyone's safety.

cyndiofthevortex
October 31st, 2013, 09:30 PM
Cyndi:

I have been thinking of you all day and your family is always in my prayers. Your police department is small but well trained. God will help them to keep you all safe.We do love our police department and completely trust them. We live at the end of a dead end road and the police station is just up the street from us. That does give us comfort. But we know this man. He is capable of anything. And unfortunately he knows where we live.

Thanks for praying and caring.

Grandma G
October 31st, 2013, 09:35 PM
Please be very careful. I don't want to hear about this in the news either. All of you are in my prayers.

Mpyles
October 31st, 2013, 09:50 PM
Prayers for your safety and protection. So sorry this deranged man is out there, so glad the child is with all of you...i can't imagine...

buckeyequilter
October 31st, 2013, 10:37 PM
Please be careful....you and your family are in my prayers.

PeggyM
October 31st, 2013, 10:40 PM
Crazy! Praying!!!!!

easyquilts
October 31st, 2013, 10:55 PM
Oh my goodness... That's terrible... I'm so sorry to hear about this dangerous situation... Take care... You know you have our prayers for your protection..

Carolyn23
October 31st, 2013, 11:11 PM
Oh my! Praying.

pcbatiks
October 31st, 2013, 11:33 PM
Cyndi ........you know I will be praying! Be careful.

SallyO'Sews
November 1st, 2013, 12:29 AM
Still praying as I say goodnight to the Forum, Cyndi! I shared your request with my family & some friends who know how to pray, and they are all on it, including the church and school families where my DH serves as pastor/principal. Sleep well, dear friend.

"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety."[Psalm 4:8

Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

Genny
November 1st, 2013, 12:58 AM
Cyndi, You and all your family are in my prayers. Genny

grammakim04
November 1st, 2013, 01:03 AM
Cyndi, may God surround your family and home with an Army of angels and protect you all. Will keep you all in my prayers and will continue to pray for you all.

Kim

brook
November 1st, 2013, 02:42 AM
Cyndi, I'm so sorry that you are facing this dangerous situation.Praying for your families protection and safety.

cyndiofthevortex
November 1st, 2013, 02:44 AM
Thank you for your prayers, everyone. It's been quiet here and I've been able to doze a bit, but it's hard to be watchful and sleep at the same time.

There have been police cars visible from our house all night, with unmarked (or so we think) cars coming up and down our dead end.

We found out tonight that the FBI is involved, so we feel both safer and more concerned. It's turning out this guy is on their watch list and he is worse than we thought. I know law enforcement won't let him come anywhere near this house, so I might as well sleep, right? Tomorrow is another day and it might be a long one.

Evilynn
November 1st, 2013, 03:07 AM
Oh my goodness! That's horrible! Wish you all the best ... you're in my thoughts!

HdWench
November 1st, 2013, 04:03 AM
((((Cyndi)))) I am so worried about you with everyone else!! Glad they are taking this horrible man VERY seriously!! Can 1 sleep while the other checks about the windows and inside? I wouldn't step outside no way. Praying the children don't feel too scared! They are just little angels, not to be harmed!! God hears us all loud and clear, he will NOT prevail against your children and family.

Swedish leo
November 1st, 2013, 04:39 AM
Oh How fraightening.

Lots of love and caring comming your way

Cathy F
November 1st, 2013, 04:50 AM
Cyndi, I just saw this post, I am so sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Iris Girl
November 1st, 2013, 05:24 AM
hoping for all to go well be safe! keep us posted.

Carol336
November 1st, 2013, 07:18 AM
Oh my goodness Cyndi, how terrible for you and your family. Prayers going up for you all.
Carol

Monique
November 1st, 2013, 07:19 AM
Prayers that everyone stays safe.

Bubby
November 1st, 2013, 07:23 AM
I'm praying for you...this is really frightening. I know you are taking extra precautions - we sure don't want any harm to come to you or your family.

Suzette
November 1st, 2013, 07:56 AM
Just now saw this Cyndi. I can't imagine how terrifying this must be for you and your family. I am keeping you all lifted in prayer.

Kelly F
November 1st, 2013, 08:00 AM
Cyndi,

I am praying for the protection for everyone. Stay strong.

Just remember to call your police anytime you question anything, feel that you need something more. Do you have a witness /victim office there? They are sometimes associated with the police of the district attorney's office. I used to be in law enforcement and no, I don't know all of your details or what the police are doing, but just make sure to keep them in the loop of everything.

Please keep us informed that you are all ok. Praying for you !

Kelly

quilter.martha
November 1st, 2013, 08:04 AM
Praying, Cyndi. Lord, please surround Cyndi and her family with your protection, with your peace and with courage. Remove any fear in their hearts, knowing they all sit in the palm of your hand. Protect them, Lord, and may Your light shine throughout this issue.

Wwena
November 1st, 2013, 08:14 AM
This sounds absolutely dreadful, I'm glad they are taking it seriously! Please keep us updated.

Beakkmom
November 1st, 2013, 08:28 AM
Praying for your protection and comfort. And that of your entire family.

Bailey65
November 1st, 2013, 08:43 AM
Oh Cyndi, I am just now reading this! I hope lastnight was peaceful and I pray that ALL ill work out okay.

Lonna
November 1st, 2013, 08:48 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Sandy Navas
November 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM
With a huge lump in my throat I am praying for everyone's safety. Life should never be this difficult for a child - keep her and yours safe!!!

CrazyMtnLady
November 1st, 2013, 09:21 AM
Hope you were able to get some sleep. I am keeping you and everyone in my prayers. I do pray the children don't know what is happening and are not frightened. I pray you will stay safe.

mom4him
November 1st, 2013, 09:25 AM
Praying for you.

asta
November 1st, 2013, 09:30 AM
I hope you were able to get a bit of restful sleep. Praying for your family.

cyndiofthevortex
November 1st, 2013, 09:38 AM
The night was quiet and we all slept well. We really are resting on the prayers to God for our protection. Whenever anxious thoughts came to haunt me I tossed them away and thought about being safe in the palm of God's hand. I pictured his mighty angels surrounding the house. I was immediately brought to a place of peace. I cling to God's promises that he loves us and will care for us.

None of the young children here know anything about this. They all slept in DD and DSIL's room last night, a fun and adventurous event with stories and laughter. There are six adults that live here and we know what our job is: to keep the children safe at all cost.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers! If I hear anything today I'll post.

MRoy
November 1st, 2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the update Cyndi. Prayers for your safety continue!

Quiltlover
November 1st, 2013, 11:01 AM
How awful....was thinking maybe you could go to a safe house or something.. Will definitely pray for you. Does someone stand guard all night? Oh MY..Bless you all!!!

Brenda

Carol336
November 1st, 2013, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the update Cyndi - continuing to pray for your safety.

Miss Sheri
November 1st, 2013, 11:33 AM
(((((((Cyndi!))))))) Just found this post, Hang in there dear. I too am adding my faith and prayers to the many others being offered up in your behalf. We love you, you are dear to our hearts and you are known and dear to the heart of our Heavenly Father. May you have the peace and courage necessary to see this through, and may those in authority have the ability to do their jobs well so this can end.
with love, Sheri

EsGrandma
November 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM
Praying for you and all of those dear ones around you.