PDA

View Full Version : Uggggh.....not my night

buckeyequilter
October 31st, 2013, 08:19 PM
Decided to put a quilt on my frame with the clip things I just bought....took me forever. Then put my machine back up on the frame. Forgot to put the feed dogs down, thread spool flew off the machine, the hopping foot came loose, broke a needle, needle got jammed in the feed dogs. Still have to rip out the stitches that are done (not many...thank goodness) and put the needle back in.....but I quit for the night. Going to sit here and play solitare or something.

Miss Sheri
October 31st, 2013, 08:26 PM
Oh Shirley, that's awful! Don't blame you for taking a break. Go read an Elm Creek Novel with some hot cookies by your elbow, (that would be a sure way to make ME feel better, haha.)

Lisapc
October 31st, 2013, 09:08 PM
Sorry that happened but walking away was probably the best thing to do. Relax and start again when you are ready.

Sandy Navas
October 31st, 2013, 09:28 PM
So, after crawling back out from under the carpet, how did you manage the rest of your evening!?!

MRoy
October 31st, 2013, 09:31 PM
I know the feeling. I couldn't sew binding strips together the right way this morning so I took it as an omen to walk away and try another day.

ilive2craft2
October 31st, 2013, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles tonight - tomorrow is another day.

Which clips did you get for your frame? I have been looking at the red snappers, but don't know of anyone that has them. :) I hate the pinning - it takes longer than quilting sometimes!!!!

Mpyles
October 31st, 2013, 09:46 PM
What kind of frame and machine do you have? Sounds like a walking away is the wise choice! Sometimes that's all we can do.

buckeyequilter
October 31st, 2013, 10:00 PM
So, after crawling back out from under the carpet, how did you manage the rest of your evening!?!

By staying in the house.....playing on the computer and talking to my sisters on the phone. My sister that is in the hospital will be released in the next couple of days. Thanks for all your prayers!

buckeyequilter
October 31st, 2013, 10:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles tonight - tomorrow is another day.

Which clips did you get for your frame? I have been looking at the red snappers, but don't know of anyone that has them. :) I hate the pinning - it takes longer than quilting sometimes!!!!

I got the Leader Grips because I was reading that the Red Snappers are difficult to put on if you have arthritis. Hopefully the Leader Grips will loosen up as I use them.

buckeyequilter
October 31st, 2013, 10:17 PM
What kind of frame and machine do you have? Sounds like a walking away is the wise choice! Sometimes that's all we can do.

I have the Gracie King and the Brother PQ1500. I've been looking at 18" machines and hope to get one soon.

easyquilts
October 31st, 2013, 10:56 PM
You made the right decision!