PDA

View Full Version : Happy Sunday ~ what happened to Saturday?

Blondie
April 3rd, 2011, 09:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/SpringRobin1.gif

Good Morning
I am happy to be in; hope it "takes" this time. I was in yesterday morning, posted a good day and visited a few other threads and when I came home yesterday, had the same problem. Hmmm. disappearing threads. I am beginning to get paranoid. Is it my breath, Al?

Since that is about the only thing I remember about Saturday until I have my limit of coffee, I will say that I am hoping today stays Sunny, I have put in my order for less wind - we could've qualified to be called the Windy something or other the past two days -

I am also making progress on the scrap sorting/busting/ organizing. As with everything else in my house, I have not been keeping up with anything since Christmas time. I am getting back on track.slowly but surely.

Have a great day, ladies.

quiltingtrish
April 3rd, 2011, 09:56 AM
Good morning everyone! Sunny here and looking forward to a beautiful day. I'm off to see a lady who advertised cotton fabric at $1. to $2. a yard on Craigs List. Should be interesting. Then to see Dad and what he's up to.

Yesterday I started doing taxes at 2 PM. I got off the computer at 11 PM. Had to do both son's and ours. And, truly, they weren't complicated - just a zillion screens to go through. Glad they are finished.

Today I've also got to replant some indoor house plants - poor things have been neglected and showing their roots! How sad is that. I can't believe they are still alive.

I'll check back in later to see what you are all up to. Listening to your music today, Blondie. Over the Rainbow is one of my favorites.

Hugs,

lhayes1976
April 3rd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Looks like we are going to have a stellar day here. I plan on working in the yard. Yesterday I decided to become a broody hen. I'm trying to hatch some eggs using an electric skillet. Not sure if it will work--I'm getting different success rates from others who have tried on the web. I'm having a hard time getting the temperature to stabilize. I started them last night and the temp went up pretty high about an hour. I have a dozen "cooking" right now, I would be happy if only one hatched. I'm hoping they will hatch the night before Easter. I think the grandkids will just love baby chicks for Easter.

Sandy Navas
April 3rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Lisa is watching for baby chicks to hatch and I've been watching this: http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles#utm_campaigne=synclickback&source=http://www.kwch.com/kwch-watch-iowa-eagles-about-to-hatch-20110331,0,439272.htmlstory&medium=3064708

Hope that works for you - it's a live cam of an American Bald Eagle nest in NE Iowa. Two chicks have hatched in the last two days and the third is expected to hatch either today or tomorrow. It has been great fun.

Loafed all day yesterday. Neither Al nor I had any gumption. Remember my grandparents saying 'my git up and go got up and went'. Couldn't understand it but we did take advantage of not being up to snuff and did nap and nap and nap some more.

Not much else happening - windy like everyone else. But, the sun is OUT!! Like a niece posted on facebook - "this is what spring should be . . . "

Sandy Navas
April 3rd, 2011, 11:30 AM
Okay, my post didn't post.

I had shared a link: http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles#utm_campaigne=synclickback&source=http://www.kwch.com/kwch-watch-iowa-eagles-about-to-hatch-20110331,0,439272.htmlstory&medium=3064708

Lisa is hatching chicks and I'm watching baby eagles hatch. The link is for a live cam in NE Iowa and there have been two baby eagles hatch in the last two days with the third one believed to be ready for today or tomorrow. It has been so much fun watching the parents.

Loafed all day yesterday. Al and I both suffered from our 'git up and go got up and went' syndrome. We napped, napped, and then napped. Unusual for both of us. Hope today is much better.

Windy here today, too. As a niece posted on facebook 'this is what spring is supposed to be . . . '

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Sandy Navas
April 3rd, 2011, 11:31 AM
Sorry for the dups - I think I'm fried or something . . .

toggpine
April 3rd, 2011, 12:28 PM
Morning!
Glad to see that it may have been computer problems instead of personal that kept everybody from checking in. I worry a bit when I don't hear from all y'all every few days!
I'm up, but not moving so fast this morning. The backs of my thighs (hamstrings?), shoulders, and hands are a bit stiff and sore this morning. Too much bending over weeding yesterday. My knees don't like it if I crawl around on them, even with one of those squishy things, so I end up bending at the waist. I'm sure that it's good for the muscle tone, but it's a pain when I first get started every spring! If I'm feeling up to it, I'll be headed out to finish off the last bed and a half this afternoon. I think it's buggin me more to look out there and see the job part done than it was when I hadn't touched it at all!
I think I'll work on a bit of sewing this morning until it warms up.
Here's to a sunny spring day for all of my quilty friends!
Hugs, Cathy

debinmalaga
April 3rd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Hope everyone is having a great day. Sunny and windy here in NJ, just like most of y'all... Temp hovering around 50 so Mike and I aren't doing any yard work as yet. In my 30s I'd be out there, but not now that I'm more "mature" lol.

Got my Quilts for Kids quilt finished and ready to mail. Put together the top of another Baskets of Flowers table runner, this one hopefully for a Chinese Auction, if it comes out respectable enough to send out into the world. If not... I'll have another table runner for myself, lol. I'm on a roll with the runner, but have to stop and attend a family gathering this afternoon. Hope to at least get it sandwiched today after the get together.

Must get off the computer and go make myself beautiful :-).

patticakes
April 3rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
Hi all,
I totally missed yesterday. All the BF's family was over early yesterday afternoon and I made Italian Beefs and Mexican Rice so we could watch both the baseball and basketball games. Had fun making cookies with Frankie, but he licked every one as they went on the cookie sheet. That's what I get for putting an almost 2 year old in charge of the quality control! They all left about 7 pm and after clean-up and a huge sigh, BF and I just crashed and watched tv.
Very windy here today also and sun peeked out but only for a few minutes. BF went off to check on his big BBQ pig roaster contraption, meeting some guy that wants to rent it for an event so I thought I would pop on here for a few secs to get some inspiration. I love to get lost in "Blog Land", there is so much out there!
Think I will take advantage of the quiet time to sew up a few more of the Surfer Girl D9P blocks and maybe make Frankie an apron for his next visit to Grandma Patti's kitchen!
Winner, winner, chicken dinner and I'm out.....

middlesis1966
April 3rd, 2011, 03:09 PM
Hi gals. Its good to see that it was just a glich that kept you away Blondie. Good to see ya back on girl!
Sandy love ya girl, but after the underpanty quilt video Im kinda scared to look at them, lol.
Patti love the pic of thegrandson. He is a cutie.
Cathy I hope that stiffness doesnt hang around to long.
Trish good luck with the fabric.
Deb I bet youll do a great job.
Lisa good luck on the chicks.
Enjoy this beautiful day all and when ya go outside beware the winds a whippn so keep hold of the skirts so they dont blow up,lol.

Sandy Navas
April 3rd, 2011, 04:12 PM
Dear Forum Friends,

I am very sorry I subjected you all to the pervert with the lack of quilting skills. I, too, was simply flabbergasted beyond words and offended by his quilt.

I will not post offensive videos again. I promise. I am busy writing this 100 times on my blackboard.

Trust me, Paula, the baby eagles are safe and darling.:icon_wave::icon_wave:

ginampls
April 3rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
hello every one... went to pequot lakes for the weekend.. was good to get out of apt...
made a list of things to do... for the packing... still have 6 weeks to go... rain and snow here... kinda no fun... doing laundry..

SuzyQue
April 3rd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Windy and warm..but supposed to get severe storms tonight and colder air coming in. Spring just can't decide to get here and stay! Enjoying the sunshine! Off to work on coffee filter blocks...so fast and fun! SuzyQue

middlesis1966
April 3rd, 2011, 06:07 PM
I will not post offensive videos again. I promise. I am busy writing this 100 times on my blackboard.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bverste
April 3rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
Now I want to find that offensive video. LOL

janluna
April 3rd, 2011, 07:02 PM
Lisa make sure you keep turning those eggs. They have to be rotated every few minutes.

Sandy Navas
April 3rd, 2011, 07:53 PM
Now I want to find that offensive video. LOL

No, 'cuz it was really, really gross . . . sicko quilter . . . yucky!

Dragonfly
April 3rd, 2011, 08:21 PM
No, 'cuz it was really, really gross . . . sicko quilter . . . yucky!
In all fairness Sandy your heading did warn that it was 'strange' and the video content was not 'gross' but what was going on in that man's head was definitely 'sick' and doesn't warrant thinking about too deeply. :icon_bigsmile: Lay off that writing it 100 times your wrists don't need that sort of punishment. :lol:

Blondie
April 3rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
Hiya Chickies!
Nice day here ; shouldn't admit to skipping church but ooopsy. I made the mistake of taking my coffee outside and was sucked into the sunny day. Not too windy, got lots of leaves up - still more to do. You know the leaves that continue to fall after they are not supposed to? We have one huge oak that always likes to keep her clothes on -
After dinner hubs found a tick on my back! I had him to the tick check since I was in nature all day. Ticks like me. Came down with Lyme last year but no bad effects from that. I think the anti'b's did their job since I got to the dr. quickly.

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy. With all the rubbish that is blaring over the tv, not to mention emails, don't you dare fret over that silly pervert. The ones I am concerned with are the smiling women standing around admiring his work of art.
Hand me that chalk and I'll hand you the eraser. Big hugs to you, sweetie pie!

Trish, I still have to do our taxes. You're a good egg.
Patti - sounds like you had a wonderful day and who wouldn't with an asst like yours? What a doll baby!
Deb - I will surely be feeling the back and shoulder aches tomorrow - but I have to admit it felt so good to have fresh air and sunshine.

Everyone else - a high five and cheerio - see you in the a.m.
Hugs and blessings to all!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/pigangel.gif

Loonwatcher
April 3rd, 2011, 09:27 PM
Hi everyone. Missed you all this weekend. Spent our first weekend at camp. No phone, no internet and currently no TV (dish is out). Also no water; the lake is still frozen over and we are renovating the bathroom before we hook up for the year anyway. It was nice to get up there and see lots of plants poking through and it was sunny and in the low 40's. So instead of starting on the bathroom we just HAD to do a little yard work (at least the part that didn't have snow).

On the way to camp we went to my 1st quilt show. Lots of lovely quilts. People are so tallented. I'll try to upload some photos.

Take car,

middlesis1966
April 3rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
Trust me, Paula, the baby eagles are safe and darling.:icon_wave::icon_wave:[/QUOTE]

Yes it was. That was neat. I was on the edge of the couch when she went to lay atop them. I know she knew what she was doing, but she is so majestic and they are so tiny. Love it!

MaryB
April 3rd, 2011, 11:47 PM
Hi everyone, I can see you are all soooo looking forward to Spring. Its midday Monday here and another perfect Aussie Autumn day. We must make the most of it as those winds will soon be ablowin' and the snow asnowin', especially here in the mountains, and like you, we will all be thinking of Spring. Must say though, that I am much more a Winter person than a sun lover.

Mary B.

toggpine
April 4th, 2011, 12:31 AM
I think it is so fun that we always have a reminder of the opposite season with our Aussie friends here. I guess it would be the same for anyone in the souther hemisphere.
Mary, enjoy your autumn days!
Blondie, a few ibuprofen will help the sore work out tomorrow!
Jan, I don't why they have you turn the eggs every few minutes. Hens only roll them around once or twice a day I think. The chickens and ducks have been doing this a lot longer than humans.
Lisa, I have never heard of an electric skillet, but I have recently seen a modified food dehydrator that was used to incubate eggs. In my mind electric skillet = scrambled eggs not chicks. I guess it's worth a try. Just please, don't dye them like easter eggs.

I didn't get a darned thing done today. I thought about sewing, but made a bowl of oatmeal instead, and then sat to check my e-mail which reminded one of a going away play-date at the park for one of the preschool families. So we headed to the park to let the kids play for about 3 hours while the grown-ups were able to visit too. Nice, but I swear it was at least 20 degrees colder there than at home. By the time we did get home I was cold all the way through. A nice hot shower and some sweats with thick socks seems to have done the trick. Got dinner fixed and then sat and watched Mary Poppins with Emily. I forget how much I love that movie. She did ask me to stop singing though :(
Now I am tired and will probably go doze through whatever TV programs are on either TV.
I hope you all had a great weekend!
Cathy