PDA

View Full Version : Night Owls- We won the world series!!!!!

Lisapc
October 31st, 2013, 12:28 AM
If you are not a Red Sox fan I apologize. If you are a Red Sox fan hooray!!!!!

I watched the game bouncing from my sewing room to the living room with the occasional stop in the kitchen.

Did you watch the game? If not how was your night?

bkthomas
October 31st, 2013, 12:33 AM
Not into sports, I watched Criminal Minds!

Gayle8675309
October 31st, 2013, 12:36 AM
I was reading a book. Congratulations on your team winning though! I hope it was a good game.

toggpine
October 31st, 2013, 12:40 AM
Congratulations!

My snot locker overfloweth.
I have a cup of Throat Coat tea. I'm nuking two flax bags, I have a big fuzzy blanket, and am headed for either bed, or the couch in front of the wood stove depending on which is warmer. I should also find either a box of tissues or a few hankies.

I have things that should be getting done, but I don't really care. I'll get the Little Miss in her jammies and give her her own snot-nose medicine (wanna guess where I got this?) and we can veg out until Dad shoo's us off to bed.

Here is to hoping that tomorrow is a better day.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 31st, 2013, 12:41 AM
NO, WE DIDN't win! From the lady wearing CARDINAL RED!

bkthomas
October 31st, 2013, 12:42 AM
Feel better Cathy!

Mpyles
October 31st, 2013, 12:55 AM
Did I watch the game? NO!! I stood and screamed at the tv!! Grrr!! Congrats to the team that could get there runners in...as we couldn't....ahhhh maybe next year....

Blues hockey.....here I come!! Hoping to make a game next week!!

Hulamoon
October 31st, 2013, 12:56 AM
I haven't been to a game since I was a little girl. My mom and stepdad had box seats at Dodger stadium in LA. It was fun but tiring. lol I had my first beer with my mom at a game. I haven't thought about that in forever!

ksap
October 31st, 2013, 01:07 AM
Lisa, I am happy that your team won, it is always especially nice to win at home. I must admit that living in Kansas I was cheering for the team from my neighboring state. The Cards just couldn't get it together though and the Sox played a great game. My baby brother must be on cloud nine because he has been a huge Red Sox fan since he was about 7. He is now 43 so that he has been a fan for a long time.

A pretty quiet night here. A good night to stay in and watch the game as it has been storming, we even had some thunder and lightning. Hail earlier today. Hopefully the weather is better tomorrow for the trick-or-treaters.

I hope everyone gets a good night of sleep. Who knows maybe I will have a wonderful dream tonight...that the Kansas City Royals win the world series next year!!! :icon_bigsmile:

Genny
October 31st, 2013, 01:11 AM
Not into sports, I watched Criminal Minds!

Me too...lol...

Sew Perfect
October 31st, 2013, 01:21 AM
We watched every night, with the exception of tonight. I was cheering for the Cardinals, being from Kansas City and all. Congrats to the opposing team.

Musical_Starling
October 31st, 2013, 01:53 AM
No baseball over here, I watched Republic of Doyle instead :D

Lindagie
October 31st, 2013, 02:27 AM
No, our team did not win; we left waaaay too many guys stranded every game, not just tonight. I think Ortiz won the series; he was hot, hot, hot all post season! Congrats to Boston; they deserved the win! All in all, we had a great season; a lot of guys hurt, 19 rookies coming in to play; yah, we will be back! In the meantime; GO BLUES!

cyndiofthevortex
October 31st, 2013, 03:02 AM
Yay! Go Sox! I watched all the games and am very happy with how tonight's game went of course! That being said, I now have a LOT of respect for the Cards. They played well and their pitchers are awesome! They've got some good young talent there.

Night Owls, I have some scary news to tell you about. I don't want to put it on the whole forum but I want some people here to know. Our family is in danger. The step-dad of one of DD Bethany's foster kids has threatened to harm us. He is a low-life petty criminal with a gun but no real reason to be in jail. Our house will have 24 hour police protection, but it is alarming, to say the least. Please pray God protects us with his power, that he set his angels over us to keep us from harm. We are not afraid, just a bit stressed and concerned. I know you all care. Thank you for caring.

Musical_Starling
October 31st, 2013, 03:05 AM
Yay! Go Sox! I watched all the games and am very happy with how tonight's game went of course! That being said, I now have a LOT of respect for the Cards. They played well and their pitchers are awesome! They've got some good young talent there.

Night Owls, I have some scary news to tell you about. I don't want to put it on the whole forum but I want some people here to know. Our family is in danger. The step-dad of one of DD Bethany's foster kids has threatened to harm us. He is a low-life petty criminal with a gun but no real reason to be in jail. Our house will have 24 hour police protection, but it is alarming, to say the least. Please pray God protects us with his power, that he set his angels over us to keep us from harm. We are not afraid, just a bit stressed and concerned. I know you all care. Thank you for caring.

I will say an extra prayer for you all. How scary!

bkthomas
October 31st, 2013, 03:15 AM

Extra Special Prayers Coming your way......

Jean Sewing Machine
October 31st, 2013, 03:21 AM

Praying for your safety!

Iris Girl
October 31st, 2013, 05:36 AM
Not a sports fan. I was reading a book I couldn't put down. Was pissing hubby off because when I immerse myself in a book the house could burn around me and I wouldn't know. Apparently he was talking to me about his work day... Finally told the kids to shake me so I would listen.... LOL I grew up a reader, He did not his mother did not believe in books, He was taught books were for educational only not pleasure. Until he met me now he pleasure reads but not like me and the kids do and he never immerses into a book. Kinda sad.

HdWench
October 31st, 2013, 05:44 AM
(((Cyndi))) Big prayers for your loving families safety!!! He wins if you are in fear, BUT safety of those precious come first, I hope they are not feeling all the worry and afraid, how scary he found where you live :-(((( God will hear our prayers loud and strong together as we lift up

Not a TV fan, nor sports by mdf is a huge Red Sox fan so we skipped our normal Canasta games so she could hoot and hollar LOL and I am taking 1 day to go easy and more rest from procedure. Gee in bed by 2 am

Ohh Cute Cute fabric and message have to post :-)

Joann's has some Lovely Owl fabric so I may have to break my fabric fast and get them while in stock (and 30% coupon for TOTAL including sales *woot* *woot*)

Sleep well and SAFE dear friends

Debbie

MayinJerset
October 31st, 2013, 06:00 AM
Oh Cyndi, Hope they get something on that guy to get him off the streets and away from your family.

Not a sports fan but DH and DS watched the game, I watch the last inning. DS was happy as he has lived and will soon be back in Boston area. I used to know much more about sports when our sons were in school, 3 boys all played Little League, high school baseball, football and cross country running, college tennis and local basketball.

Not many owls up tonight, glad some of us are getting a good night's sleep. I had about 4 hours sleep so I am pretty much done for the night, might catch an hour or so later. Nothing much to say tonight. Still haven't been in my sewing room as it took DH a few days to replace the window sill, my sewing desk is right under the window. Gotta get up there early this morning so I can get some stuff done before the Trick or Treaters begin arriving after school.

turena65
October 31st, 2013, 06:51 AM

Will definitely be keeping your sweet family in my prayers....

Monique
October 31st, 2013, 07:35 AM
Cyndi keep you and your family in prayers that you are all safe.

YEAH SOX!! I did not watch it all of course, but happy they won. Hubby is a BIG fan and it was nice to see them win on home soil for the first time since 1918.

Lisapc
October 31st, 2013, 10:16 AM
Cyndi: Praying for you and your family. It is sad when bad things happen to kind loving people.

toggpine
October 31st, 2013, 01:08 PM
Cyndi, That is a sad thing to hear. I hope it works out, and soon. Special prayers will be offered for this situation.

Cat n bull
October 31st, 2013, 01:22 PM
If you are not a Red Sox fan I apologize. If you are a Red Sox fan hooray!!!!!

I watched the game bouncing from my sewing room to the living room with the occasional stop in the kitchen.

Did you watch the game? If not how was your night?

Ooo, we WON! How exciting! Glad you told me ;-)

I was reading also, then catching up on too many nights of disturbed sleep.

Ginny B
October 31st, 2013, 01:31 PM
Oh Cyndi, so sorry to hear about the stress you and your family are now under. I am sure there are protective angels hovering around each and everyone of you.

I did watch the game because dh wanted to watch. He is not a RedSox fan (he's Dodger blue through and through) but was rooting for them for 2 reasons: #1 because the Dodgers didn't make it and #2 because I am a Yankee fan and he knew it would annoy me. LOL

But, congratulations to Boston and we will see you in the spring. :)