PDA

View Full Version : What Is It About Kittens?

phoots
October 30th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Two weeks ago the maintainance guys at my apartment complex showed up at my door with 3 more kittens. The one we got from before is now 3 months old. These three were 2 weeks old at best. Two of them were grey and one was orange. I melted at the sight of the orange one...and took him in. I bottle fed him for about 2 weeks and have now switched to kitten wet food. It's so funny watching him eat. He ends up with food all over his face and on both front paws...they have to be in the food, just no way else to eat! By the way, I've named him Mango! He's my little boy now. As soon as I can, I'll post pictures!

Pam in Vegas

Oh, the other two kittens got homes that same day!

kensington
October 30th, 2013, 01:29 AM
I'm not a cat or dog person at all... I know a lot of people are though.

Genny
October 30th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Oh I bet Mango is a beauty! My daughter has 2 cats and everytime she sees an orange one she can hardly stop herself from taking it home! Genny

Evilynn
October 30th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Oh I bet Mango is a beauty! My daughter has 2 cats and everytime she sees an orange one she can hardly stop herself from taking it home! Genny

Sounds like me. Every time i see an orange tabby I have to pull myself together to not squeek like a teenage girl that sees Justin Bieber ;)

HdWench
October 30th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Congratulations on your new boy Mango!!! my gosh also look for Low cost spay and neuter for that guy that keeps letting some cat have Babies!!! Humane society does ferals for free (so if you ever send a check donation write on it Feral Spay Neuter Only!)...

Adore my cats aka the "kids", but am a huge fan of Trap Neuter Release and hope in my lifetime to see the pounds empty of unwanted animals and kittens :-) that would be a dream come true

Anyway huge cat fan looking forward to meeting Mango (cute cute Name)

Debbie

Suzette
October 30th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Oh, I know what you mean Pam! Dogs and cats give us something no one or nothing else can. I can't imagine my life without at least one dog and one cat in my life. They enrich, love, entertain . . . :icon_happy:

Good for you taking in this precious little baby and nursing and nurturing him. It is a lot of work tending to a two week old kitten, but the rewards are so worth it!! I can't wait to see some pics of your sweet Mango! :icon_happy:

Lisapc
October 30th, 2013, 10:10 AM
That is wonderful. You are definitely his new mama now. I love people but can't imagine not having an animal to love as well. They offer so much. We laugh daily over our pups and often they alert us to one of the kids or even ourselves that someone is coming down with something even before symptoms show up. Closest thing to psychic I have ever seen and appreciate it a whole lot.

Claire Hallman
October 30th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I am a big fan of spaying and neutering feral animals but do not think that ALL pets need to be fixed. If they are there will not be any dogs and cats in a generation or so.
The Humane Society of the United States gives less than 10% of its income to shelters so if you give please be sure you give where your money does the most good for animals rather than politicians.

Congrats on your new baby, the name is darling as is the kitty I am sure.

aliaslaceygreen
October 30th, 2013, 12:13 PM
YOU have a cat face. That's it. I do too... (but hide it, I can't handle more right now.) Tatiana is just not tolerant of other cats. Neko is making her absolutely nuts. Last night she actually walked out the back door and down the steps in the dark. She doesnt DO outside.
Can't wait for Mango photos!