PDA

View Full Version : Did you win a sewing machine?

shorte85
October 29th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Oh, how I wish I could get lucky! Anytime I see a "try and win a sewing machine" or a sewing machine is involved in one of the drawings prizes I try to enter in as many times as possible.

Are there any lucky members on the board who had the lucky draw and won a sewing machine? :) Please tell us your exciting news!!! :)

snippet
October 29th, 2013, 06:20 PM
I didn't win a sewing machine, but I did win 15yds of fabric earlier this year. I won 3 yds each of 5 red & white prints. I did the fab shop hop. I was sooo excited. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with all the fabric yet. Maybe backing? I don't know yet.

Evilynn
October 29th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Awesome, Carol!

I personally have never won anything, ever. But, since that can change, if I have the time and the patience I always enter raffles. You never know!

Lisapc
October 29th, 2013, 07:03 PM
The only thing I ever won was 1000 quilters cash points here. It was exciting and I just put it towards an order.

kensington
October 29th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Win a sewing machine? Why, yes, .... yes I did. One week Dh put all the things we wanted to do in a pile and said which one wins, he would pay for. I won... Janome Sewing machine was my prize!! Woot!

cyndiofthevortex
October 29th, 2013, 07:25 PM
I won this little shelf filled with fabric, patterns and a book at a quilt show Penny Sale. It's exciting to win no matter what it is!

Carol336
October 29th, 2013, 07:26 PM
I actually won my first machine from a drawing at a carnival. But to get it I had to buy the table.....so not really a win. But I was so excited, I fell for it hook line and sinker. I don't even remember what make it was....I want to think it was a Riccar....but it was so long ago. I used that machine many years, making clothes for myself, doing crafts, mending, making little rompers for my boys when they came along. Moved up to a Singer and gave the "free" one to my sister. Then when DGD #1 came along, I gave the Singer to my DIL to make clothes for her. DIL is a very good little seamstress and does all the costume work for the dance studio that DGD attends, using that same Singer. DGD will be 17 on Thursday, so the machine has to be at least 20-22 years old and still going strong.

Oh...you didn't want my life history with sewing machines - LOL

Quilted Fantasies
October 29th, 2013, 10:17 PM
I won a machine years ago in a McCall's contest...you had to use their vest pattern and make the vest and send in pictures. I had taken a wearable art vest class recently so I put some of the stuff I learned to work and made the vest and sent in the pictures, then forgot about it.

A couple of months later DH asked me if I had ordered a new sewing machine. I had not, and he said that one had been delivered. I had won the contest, but there was no letter of congratulations or anything; the sewing machine had just appeared. I was thrilled nonetheless.

The machine was a verrrrrrrrrry basic model; I wound up selling to the LQS nearby for use in their classes. I still had fun telling people "I'm the grand prize winner!"

Sandy Navas
October 29th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Never won a sewing machine . . . the biggest thing I ever won was a $100 for telling a very special tongue-twister joke on the radio . . .

Sorry, you have to hear it in person and I can still do it flawlessly - and it is very, very long and very much a tongue twister!!!!

MRoy
October 29th, 2013, 11:11 PM
I've never won a sewing machine, but I won a clothes dryer and a 4 day houseboat trip in drawings. I also won 1000 MSQC quilter's cash points.

shorte85
October 29th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Sounds like you ladies won some neat things even if it wasn't a sewing machine, except for 2 that did win a sewing machine. :)

I always try to keep my eyes open for entering into contests that involve a sewing machine. lol I guess wishful thinking that I'd win a sewing machine ha ha ha. :P

Genny
October 29th, 2013, 11:48 PM
The only thing I've ever won was a man's racing bike and it was so tall I couldn't reach the pedals. Sold it for $100.00 so I did alright !

Mom23
October 29th, 2013, 11:56 PM
I have been very fortunate in my life. My biggest win was a car at The Oprah Winfrey Show. My sister and I were at the taping when everybody in the audience won a Pontiac G6. My daughter still drives the car and it just turned over 100,000 miles.

AND, I won the Quilters Cash drawing last week.

I am so blessed.

Robin

Jean Sewing Machine
October 30th, 2013, 12:52 AM
I have been very fortunate in my life. My biggest win was a car at The Oprah Winfrey Show. My sister and I were at the taping when everybody in the audience won a Pontiac G6. My daughter still drives the car and it just turned over 100,000 miles.

AND, I won the Quilters Cash drawing last week.

I am so blessed.

RobinWhat? You won a car! That is amazing!

Kgrammiecaz
October 30th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Wow a car thats fantastic

Biggest win for me was getting an annual pass to Universal Orlando when attending the Ellen show she held there. Totally unexpected

Would love to win a machine though

snippet
October 30th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Oh My! a CAR?!?!?!? That is something Robin! I remember that show too. How cool to win something like that. Congratulations!

kensington
October 30th, 2013, 02:32 AM
I saw that Oprah show! That was very cool. I know this is a quilting forum, but that is better than a sewing machine!! Well, "Some" sewing machines! LOL.

xtcinla
October 30th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I've only won 1 prize in my entire life (via a local raffle entry) about 15 years ago - but it was a good one. It was an 8 day/7 night trip to Maui (including air fare) - stayed at a private condo that was donated for the raffle (missed having room service, but how nice to be in an actual home). This was before I met my husband, so I took my best girlfriend - oh, did we have a grand time!

HdWench
October 30th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Won a 45 record in High School from a call-in DJ contest (uh yeah That long ago). So, haven't won anything in too long
-- oohhh Maybe it's going to happen again?

Debbie

jingleme
October 30th, 2013, 12:25 PM
I love entering contests too! :icon_bigsmile:
This is my current 'go to' every day:
APQS - The Great Longarm Giveaway (http://apqs.com/longarm-giveaway/)
and, of course, the fab shop hop:
Fabric - Quilt Fabric - Sewing Fabric - Quilt Shop - Craft Fabric - Fab Shop Hop - Shop | fabshophop.com (http://www.fabshophop.com/)

Pat.W
October 30th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I have been lucky also, haven't won a sewing machine but did win 24 bottles of Glenmorangie Whisky some years back in a local newspaper contest, made good Christmas presents as I don't drink whisky but the best ever was in 2003 I won 18,000 in Reader's Digest 'Spot the Ball' competition, I didn't get to keep any of that either but it came at just the right time to stop me having to sell my house to pay off my ex. I keep entering competitions, maybe third time lucky and I'll get a sewing machine.

easyquilts
October 30th, 2013, 01:45 PM
I have never won one, but my friend, Maggie, won a nice Janome one year...