PDA

View Full Version : A shocking find and it's positive outcome!

Evilynn
October 29th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Hi Dears,

it's been a while since I posted an update, and I know some of you would like one. 2 weeks ago, after sauna when I took a shower, I found a knot in my remaining breast. Barely noticable, in the right end of the center. I was really shocked. Since my cycle didn't end yet and I knew it would soon, I waited if the knot would disappear since I read once that knots can be a part of the normal breast tissue especially around the end and the beginning of the cycle. Well, it didn't disappear. Getting really nervous I called my oncologist who gave me an appointment for the plastic surgeon to get her opinion about it and she can decide wether or not a mammography and/or ultrasound is needed. I agreed and last Thursday I went to see her. Well, first she didn't find my knot at all and she needed my help in finding it. She said "well, to me it feels quite normal but we have to get it checked out anyway.... With a history of breast cancer you always check these kind of things out better."

So today I had a time for the mammography and the ultrasound. They took two pictures of the remaining breast and one picture of the part where my other breast was. And... now finally the good news! There was nothing on either picture and during the ultrasound the doctor didn't find anything either! He did find my knot but he said it's normal tissue. He said it's also normal to panic if you find something after having had breast cancer, so it was good to come to get it checked out. He suggested that I today, in the shower, I take the time to again feel my breast completely to get a feeling what it is when it's normal. I think that's a good idea! Else it will drive me nuts, everytime I find something... lol.

Anyway, after leaving the hospital I made a short happy dance and during the walk home again, multiple times. Haha! :D Thank you dear Ladies and Sirs for your prayers. As you all know, I am not very religious myself, but I know that positive thoughts and prayer help. :) Thank you people!!! You're all special!

Hugs,

Steffie

MayinJerset
October 29th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Doing the Happy Dance right here at my computer. You had me on the edge of my seat until I saw the Good News. Mega Hugs, May

Mpyles
October 29th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Yay steffie!! So happy for you!!

Sandy Navas
October 29th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I agree, Steffie, once you have had a major issue you are always on the look-out for something similar. Thankfully this is normal tissue, but don't give up your diligent check just to be on the safe side.

MRoy
October 29th, 2013, 09:49 AM
That's wonderful news! I'm so glad everything turned out okay.

Kelly F
October 29th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Great news Steffie!!

Lisapc
October 29th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Steffie:

I am so happy that you are alright. Even now after 4 years of my Peter being cancer free I get very scared with every little normal symptom he has. His whole life he gets a sore throat every spring and fall from allergies. Every spring and fall I am searching him for other symptoms. When he was first declared cancer free and these things would happen I would lose sleep, cry when he wasn't around and just be an emotional mess from fear. There is no more treatment for his cancer so a recurrence is terrifying to my soul. Peter never had those fears. He was told he was cancer free and that is the end of it for him. He's fine. Every 6 months his scans and blood work have me a mess until the results come in and he looks at them as a minor inconvenience to his schedule.

He has the right attitude and having worked hospice for most of my life and never knowing anyone as sick as he was that lived and been through 2 recurrences with him I have a hard time with any little symptom. I am much better than I was but it still nags me a bit.

You and your sweet family will always be in my prayers for a long and happy life. You are not alone!

pcbatiks
October 29th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Yay for you, Steffie! So happy that you got good news!

Kat 2
October 29th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I can just imagined how scared you must have been. I have a younger sister that was in stage 3 (possibly 4) when was DX with breast cancer and she has just celebrated her 5th anniversary of cancer free the other day. So, I'm happy for you that you got good news. That kind of news makes for such a Great Day.

HandsOffItsMine
October 29th, 2013, 10:52 AM
(((Steffie))), we already celebrated the news but I wanted to let you know that Kat was also very relieved to hear that you're fine! :)

It is scary to find any thing different on/in your TaTas, that's why you need to go have it check Ladies (and Gents!) We want everyone to do regular self checks, get breast examinations, mammograms at the recommended ages. Early detection can safe your life!

Huggers dear friend! Ruby

Grandma G
October 29th, 2013, 10:55 AM
So glad everything turned out okay. I understand your need to be hyper vigilant and glad you followed up with your doctors. Hoorah for you, Steffie!!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 29th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Oh, Steffie! I can just imagine how scary that must have been until you found out what you were dealing with. So glad for you that things are normal!

bubba
October 29th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I will say, I was sweating it out while I was reading your story. I may have to start bringing a change of clothes to work with me for stories like that! Congratulations!!!!!

My husband had a large tumor almost nine years ago, and during the first surgery, nearly died. They removed the second half three weeks later and I was a nervous wreck. I think in the seven weeks I was off work caring for him, I lost 25 pounds!!! Every January he goes in for a new mri. He finally got to where he went every other year this past January. Well, that didn't last long as the tumor is regrowing! The only good part is 98% of the the time they are benign and that they are very slow growing. They figure he had the first one for over ten years and the only reason it was found (since it does not show up on xrays) is because he was becoming paralyzed from hit compressing his spinal cord. The neurosurgeon at that time said a lot of us have them, you just don't know unless it causes another symptom, and you can live your entire life without being bothered by it.

CrazyMtnLady
October 29th, 2013, 11:20 AM
That is fantastic news. Prayers do help.

Genny
October 29th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Steffie I'm so glad all your tests came out normal! Now you can sit back, relax and get on with a normal life...and you deserve to be able to do this...Genny

EsGrandma
October 29th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Shedding tears of joy for you!

Sharyn J
October 29th, 2013, 11:59 AM
That's wonderful news Steffie. I'm happy for you.

Carol336
October 29th, 2013, 12:02 PM
So happy for those positive results....but my what a scare for you. God is indeed Good!!!!!

bakermom
October 29th, 2013, 12:53 PM
wonderful news!

SallyO'Sews
October 29th, 2013, 01:48 PM
WOOT-WOOT!!!:icon_bump: So happy for you! *doing happy dance at my work computer*

buckeyequilter
October 29th, 2013, 01:48 PM
That is wonderful news!!!

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/abi_b_me/graphics/happydance2_zps6ba87f35.gif

Marebear
October 29th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Yay!! I am a breast cancer survivor too, so I know what you are going through. Good thoughts sent your way :)

Monique
October 29th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Steffie, I agree. Until you get the all clear, you never stop worrying. Congratulations. Hugs to you. xoxoxoxo

Bubby
October 29th, 2013, 04:05 PM
What a relief!!! I'm so happy everything was okay!

easyquilts
October 29th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Happy Dance for sure.. What a relief!

Iris Girl
October 29th, 2013, 04:48 PM
wonderful news Steffie!!! so glad you did the follow up and all is well!

MartinaG
October 29th, 2013, 06:31 PM
What a relief. I am so happy for you!