PDA

View Full Version : Another day has dawned, it's Tuesday once again

Monique
October 29th, 2013, 07:42 AM
59748 59749

Good morning dear friends. It seems like a lot of our friends here need prayers these days. Another that needs prayers is Kathy aka Panda. Please add her to your list.

It is a cold and dark morning here and another work day has arrived. Not too much quilting getting done around here with all this working. I think I get up and go and gone and left without me.

I wish you all a fantastic day in whatever you chose to do with it. And remember to smile along the way.

nyscpa2be
October 29th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I have to confess, I have not been paying attention to the prayer requests as I should, nor have I been diligent about responding. I'm just going through alot right now, and hate to say it, but needed to step away from other issues. So I'm just offering up a blanket prayer to all who need it.

Today - BRRRRR! It is cold here! I finally got to sleep on my new bed last night, so no more pain, thank God. And today I get to go see a psychiatrist to determine if I am truly disabled under Social Security rules. This is moving much faster than I anticipated - I only filed last month for disability. I need to be classified as disabled so I can get Medicare, and then job rehabilitation and back to the workforce, hopefully. My disability isn't one that prevents me from working, but the stress of working can make me worse. So even though I have just said that I've been bad lately, if I was to ask for any prayers for myself, it would be for a smooth doctors appointment that will lead to whatever path God has chosen for me.

Bubby
October 29th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Good Morning,

I would love to hear from our members in Europe after the horrific storm yesterday. Please let us know you are okay if you are able.

Miss Dottie woke me at 3 am to go outside. Of course Olive had to go out, too - so I've been up ever since. Now they're sleeping and I couldn't sleep if I had to. It's raining this morning and the perfect day for sewing.

Yesterday I got started sewing the pillowcases for Ruby's project....Cyber Elves. I also baked a batch of dog biscuits for the Girls...they LOVE them.

I will be praying for you, Amy. I know you are really going through a difficult time right now. I pray everything will come to pass in the way that's best for you. (((Hugs))) Shirley....my prayers are with you today also.

It's thundering and lightning, so I need to get off here for now. Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

CrazyMtnLady
October 29th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Lightning, Thunder and Rain...Oh My!!! Yes that is what I woke up to this morning. Rain today, tomorrow and part of Thursday is our forecast. But I won't complain, I would rather have to deal with a little thunderstorm than snow or the storms they are having in England.
It didn't take Gator long to run outside and do his business this morning that's for sure. Now TarButt wants out and it is coming down even harder, I am trying to make yer wait just a bit hoping it will calm down a little.Sometimes I think she likes to go out in the rain because she loves to be toweled off when she gets back in. LOL And I still have to go out and feed the cats.

It is going to be a good day to stay inside and maybe go through my UFO's or through my stash and see what I want to do next.

I too have noticed the many prayers needed for our dear friends and their families. I say a prayer every morning for all of my quilting family. Sometimes I am not on here enough to know who needs prayers, but I know when I pray, God knows those I am praying for and will hold them in his loving arms with comfort and love.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Mpyles
October 29th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Good morning!
Raining cats and dogs here too!!
Not a lot on my plate today other than work and building blocks club after work.

Everyone have a great day!

Ps...4 days til staycation or 3 if you go by DH's count..he says today is already marked off...lol

Lisapc
October 29th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Good morning!

This is such a sad stressful time for so many of our forum members. I start and end my day with prayer and this forum is always included. At 43 I am still coming to terms with God not always answering my prayers the way I hope.

I just couldn't do anything much yesterday but sew for a bit. I napped, I meant to sleep for an hour and slept for 3. I am really exhausted today but we need food, I need to get to the post office and must see if I can get the last Quilting Quickly magazine. I want to include one in my Swap box.

I know a lot of us are still working on those swap boxes and the secrecy is keeping us from showing our work but I am hoping that there will be more show and tell posts soon. They are my favorite.

Prayers to all and another day closer to Christmas is what is on my mind this morning!

MRoy
October 29th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Good morning! Amy, I hope all goes well for you...I'm sure God has it under control. I can understand having to step away at times, I've done it myself. Yesterday was a gloomy day and it looks like today will be too. I tend to get SAD (seasonal affective disorder) in the fall and winter and sunshine helps it so I'd love to see the sun come out today.

Sandy Navas
October 29th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Rain here, too. Raining cats and dogs . . . I was outside and stepped in a poodle . . . okay, I know, lame joke. Actually we are having just a slow, steady, gentle rain and I love it that way.

More of the same today. Hopefully I'll get out to the PO as I have several forum packages to send on their merry way. Other than that I'm still doing a bunch of organizing and putting things where they belong. I have this severe OCD that occurs quite frequently and when I get in what Al calls my 'nesting mode' just watch out. Somehow someone always seems to move something 1/4 inch. Anyone else have that problem? Makes my skin itch . . .

And so, another day begins in the life of a would-be-quilter. I have projects lined up but I'm sort of like Barb said - I need things to be in order before I can start. It's a wonder I ever get anything done, especially since I can easily be distracted and then become overwhelmed with the tasks ahead. Ah, feels like True Confessions . . .

Keep smiling - and remember:
The Guy in the Glass Poem (Man in the Mirror) When you get what you want in your struggle for self,
And the world makes you king for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that man has to say.
For it isn’t a man’s father, mother or wife,
Whose judgement upon him must pass,
The fellow whose verdict counts most in life,
Is the man staring back from the glass.
He’s the fellow to please, never mind all the rest,
For he’s with you clear to the end,
And you’ve passed your most dangerous, difficult test,
If the man in the glass is your friend.
You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But the final reward will be heartache and tears,
If you’ve cheated the man in the glass.

= Dale Wimbrow, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Wimbrow) first published in The American Magazine in 1934.

MayinJerset
October 29th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Thank you Monique for reminding me it is Tuesday, some days I have a problem remembering which day of the week it is. I'm trying hard to get back into the swing of things, did a big food shopping yesterday and the ever present laundry is on tap for this morning. In between laundry loads I'll be working on my Secret Pal gift box. Mailing time in drawing near.

Like Lisa and Donna I say a daily prayer for all our forum members in need because sometimes I don't have time to post on individual requests so Amy should feel free to ask for some prayers for herself.

Lisa said, "At 43 I am still coming to terms with God not always answering my prayers the way I hope." I think my granddaughters at ages 22, 29 and 31 are having that problem because all their prayers and the prayers of others for their Mom's recovery wasn't answered. They are a family who went to church almost daily, prayed and talked of prayers and scriptures often, home is filled with religious icons and they thought their Mom was special and deserved to live. Who doesn't feel that way about their family but sometimes God says No. My only hope is that they do respond to the loving heart and hands DH and I have been offering them but right now they seem to have closed in within their small circle. Time is the best healer and we will be there waiting to help when the time is right. Oldest DGD needs to get back home to her fiancÚ in CA, middle one has 2 small children and youngest back to college so when they start getting back into their old everyday routines I think they will begin dealing with things more rationally.

Laundry is calling so I better get a move on.

Lisapc
October 29th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Thank you Monique for reminding me it is Tuesday, some days I have a problem remembering which day of the week it is.

Like Lisa and Donna I say a daily prayer for all our forum members in need because sometimes I don't have time to post on individual requests so Amy should feel free to ask for some prayers for herself.

Lisa said, "At 43 I am still coming to terms with God not always answering my prayers the way I hope." I think my granddaughters at ages 22, 29 and 31 are having that problem because all their prayers and the prayers of others for their Mom's recovery wasn't answered. They are a family who went to church almost daily, prayed and talked of prayers all of the time, home is filled with religious icons and thought their Mom was special and deserved to live, who doesn't feel that way about their family but sometimes God says No. My only hope is that they do responded to the loving heart and hands DH and I are offering them but right now they seem to have closed in within their small circle. Time is the best healer and we will be there waiting to help when the time is right. Oldest DGD has to get to her fiancÚ in CA, middle one has 2 small children and youngest back to college so when they start getting back into their old everyday routines I think they will begin dealing with things more rationally.

There are no words for a loss like your family, Lonna, Jean and many others have experienced. It is physically terrifying. Time and the real offer of support is the only thing that can help. You are very correct on that one. I lost a very special patient to me on October 6th 1995. Her name was Lee Tibbits. I loved her. I cared for all of my patients but she just got to me. Like your DIL she touched lives and will always be a part of me. Time helps a lot.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 29th, 2013, 11:40 AM
When we pray for something in particular and we don't get what we pray for, our continuing prayer should ask God for a peace in our hearts that the outcome is what God willed. When a child, spouse, parent dies, or a good friend, it's hard not to as God why. Anger can grip your soul. But continued prayers should be focused on asking for a peaceful heart.

I'm going through this journey right now and have been since my spouse was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2004 and died in 2006. Just when I think I'm over the hump, doubts, fear and anger creep in, then I know I need to pray harder.

MayinJerset
October 29th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Reaching across the country and webpage to give you a Big Hug Jean.

aliaslaceygreen
October 29th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Good morning all! (yes, I can STILL call morning for a few) ...I have surfaced from the depths of hiding... Apparently a good thing, and have missed whatever drama de jour has occurred here at least.

Laylabug gave me a NASTY bug...think I posted a few weeks back that she was sick and restless all night...Well, it hit me, and I am just surfacing from absolute misery. Still tired, still coughing, but somewhat in human form.

I, too, will send out the warmest of healing hugs to all ---the kind of contagion that is is welcome, I am sure for all that are suffering through life's travails....

We are reaching November!!! This week. Wow. Where has the year gone?
I hope to get myself settled into the groove here and get my giving gotten!

Take care, all! (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

HdWench
October 29th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Trish! Glad to see you are a bit more normal after the horrible bug you caught!

Tuesday and it's still morning !

I haven't been up to reading the request either. Feel so bad about this, as I was so good about checking in and writing them down to add to my prayers. So much sadness tends to overwhelm depression so I'm giving quilting forum friends prayers in hopes we all see and can view Gods work in a different way that allows the heavy hearts and soul to heal.

Having internet issues so Wed we'll have cable Modem put in. Try to get on the next few days when I can ((((Hugs))) and a smile because I just know Blondie would want us somehow to put 1 smile on our face today.

:-Debbie

Kgrammiecaz
October 29th, 2013, 02:00 PM
While I do not answer all, I sure do think of everyone and add prayers.

My wish for us all is to have lots of good times in our lives to think back on and to have those good memories to move us forward.

Madeforyouinma11
October 29th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Hello all... I have not been on as much as usual, but enough to see how much prayers are needed. I keep all my forum friends in my prayers and hope that at least some are answered. I've seen so much sadness here in the last few weeks, it really breaks my heart.
Toady is a beautiful sunny day here but we will be getting all of your rain on Friday. I need to run to the grocery store quick and do some laundry today, but since the house is clean and in order, I've been sewing up a storm. Hubby has finished his days off and is back to work tonight, so for the next 5 days ( at least) , I will be in my sewing room....yay me!
Well, off to do what needs doing so I can get back in the sewing room.