PDA

View Full Version : 2 years...

kensington
October 29th, 2013, 03:11 AM
2 Years ago today, my big sister quietly passed on to meet the Lord. She fought ovarian cancer four times in 3 years, before she left. She was truly a big sister. There to listen, there to teach, there to laugh and or cry with you. She had a smile as big as the ocean, and a laugh like the roar of a big wave. She was so talented, a seamstress, an interior decorator, a wedding planner, dress designer, crafter... she could do it all. She gave me a gift once, in a simple sentence when she came to my new home, she simply said, "Momma would be so proud of you". Our mom passed when I was just 23, I had not yet come to who I was going to be, not met my husband or had my kids... so I really needed that. So many times in life I have told myself that one sentence again and again to remind myself, to keep me going, to help me in hard times. She gave me that. She did so much, and yet she was impressed that I made quilts. I keep her picture above my ironing board in my quilting room, I see her there every day. I miss her so much. I wish she could be here. :(

MayinJerset
October 29th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Such a touching story, you were blessed with a great sister.

Sew Perfect
October 29th, 2013, 03:19 AM
I can read in your words that you are a little sad right now. Your sister was a beautiful woman inside and out. It also sounds like she was a wonderful role model for you as well as a wonderful friend. Blessings to you on this night. Your sister and mother are watching over you and smiling with joy.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 29th, 2013, 04:48 AM
What a tribute, and a deep loss for you! Savor the happy memories and know that you are the woman both mom and sis would be so proud of.

I lost a younger colleague to ovarian cancer in 2011. She fought the fight for just over two years. I was so privileged to be with her on her good days, felt like it was a gift from her to share the precious time with her. Ovarian cancer is such a scary, insidious disease.

Joan@DebtofGratitude
October 29th, 2013, 06:00 AM
What a beautiful sister you had -- in body and in spirit. I think it's sweet you keep her photo above your ironing board. We spend so much time there, it's the perfect place to put photos of loved ones.

I know these anniversaries are difficult. I hoping sharing with us brings comfort. Wishing you peace.

Bubby
October 29th, 2013, 06:04 AM
You had the blessing of a wonderful sister. Times like this are bittersweet...it sounds like you have a lot of good things to remember about her.

easyquilts
October 29th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Your sister was beautiful.... It sounds as if she was a talented, caring person... I'm so sorry you lost her.... Sisters are special..

nana margaret
October 29th, 2013, 06:27 AM
She gave you wonderful memories that will stay with you for life, as long as you hold her in your heart she's with you.

Carol336
October 29th, 2013, 06:45 AM
What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful sister. A sister's love is the most special gift in this world and my what a wonderful gift she gave to you in her comment. She sounds like she was a great big sis, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Monique
October 29th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Sorry you are so sad today. You were lucky to have such a sister. God bless you.

Kelly F
October 29th, 2013, 07:53 AM
I like the idea of hanging the picture of your beloved sister in your quilting room. In my house I spend the most time there. Sending hugs.

cathy-b-quiltin
October 29th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Awwwww. Hugs!

Shirley
October 29th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Your sister was very beautiful. And sounds like she was very talented. I love the idea of keeping your lost loved ones pictures close. Hugs to you!

Sandy Navas
October 29th, 2013, 09:22 AM
The inside and outside beauty seems to run in the family. Anniversaries are so tough - but keeping this wonderful memory alive is so right on!!! Hugs to you!

MRoy
October 29th, 2013, 09:31 AM
These anniversaries are hard. Your sister was a beautiful lady. Let the good memories help you through. December will be the 2 year anniversary of my only sister's passing after battling cancer for 18 years...I miss her.

SallyO'Sews
October 29th, 2013, 01:37 PM
((((Kensington)))) Wish we could all give you an "in-person" groupie-hug, dear Friend. Be extra good to yourself today.
Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

kensington
October 29th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Thank you all for the kindness and support. It's been a rough few days, because I think about it so much when I know the date it coming. It's bittersweet, since she is not here, but I do have wonderful memories to comfort me.

It's so cold and rainy here today.

kensington
October 29th, 2013, 06:27 PM
The inside and outside beauty seems to run in the family. Anniversaries are so tough - but keeping this wonderful memory alive is so right on!!! Hugs to you!

Thank you Sandy... Love your comments. You blessed me today.

bkthomas
October 30th, 2013, 01:45 AM
59822 So sorry.............

kensington
October 30th, 2013, 01:52 AM
59822 So sorry.............

I'm good darlin. I have my friends and my family.

Tanya D
October 30th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Hugs Kensington...she misses you too :(

kensington
October 30th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Thank you Tanya, I like to believe she doesn't miss me. I believe that a split second after leaving here, she NEVER wanted to come back, and her time has been full and happy where she is. Once stepping over into Heaven, I don't believe anyone would want to look back!

She's having a good time. Her time now being so full, that the next time she sees me she will say, "Oh there you are"... not having missed me at all. :icon_bigsmile:

kensington
October 30th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Sorry, double post. :icon_wave:

dwil23
October 30th, 2013, 06:38 PM
(((HUGS)))