PDA

View Full Version : a yummy lunch

mamaquilt
October 27th, 2013, 09:14 AM
On this rainy Sunday , the best of all DH's cooked this yummy lunch:
hare stew??? (don't know the correct English word)
red cabbage, noodles and apple compote, and a super red wine sauce with mushrooms.

Now should I have a little nap, talk a walk in the windy rain or just go upstairs into my sewing room and continue on one of the many UFO's?

Right now it's not only raining like cats and dogs but there's a hailstorm going on. I take the last option.

Have a nice Sunday

Carol336
October 27th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Oh my goodness...that does look yummy. Would that be rabbit stew? DH loves rabbit, but I've never eaten it before.

I'd take the last option too!!!

Have a lovely Sunday Michele
Carol

Vonnie
October 27th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Looks delicious! You have a special husband. Mine's special too but he does not cook. If I tell him it's his turn to cook he will make peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Or take me out to eat.

When I was a kid, my parents would go to a rabbit farm. My Mother could make the best fried rabbit! Yum. Tasted better than fried chicken. I wonder why it's not popular here in the states.

Sandy Navas
October 27th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Used to raise rabbits for food source - better than chicken in my book (you all know that saying "tastes just like chicken" . . . NOT). I call it hasenpfeffer though.

Did you hear the joke about the man who called the waiter over and, 'Do you know there's a hare in my soup?'

Lisapc
October 27th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Looks wonderful. I have never had rabbit so I am not sure I would want to try it. I was raised with them as pets. There is nothing wrong with it but I am not sure if it is for me. It really does look yummy though!

Vonnie
October 27th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Looks wonderful. I have never had rabbit so I am not sure I would want to try it. I was raised with them as pets. There is nothing wrong with it but I am not sure if it is for me. It really does look yummy though!

I'm the same way about ducks - I had two as pets when I was a kid - I would feel like a cannibal! Never have tried duck.

toggpine
October 27th, 2013, 02:38 PM
They are all yummy!
I'd take the day in the sewing room too!

Sandy Navas
October 27th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Took me ages to eat lamb because I had them as pets as a child. However, a trip to Cyprus and a wonderful kleftico changed my mind and it is now among my very favorite meats.

kensington
October 27th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Used to raise rabbits for food source - better than chicken in my book (you all know that saying "tastes just like chicken" . . . NOT). I call it hasenpfeffer though.

Did you hear the joke about the man who called the waiter over and, 'Do you know there's a hare in my soup?'

My dad loved cooking rabbits. He would fry them, and then bake it off in the oven.

Of course he was usually half crocked when he did, as he and my Uncle John would have just returned from Rabbit huntin. (Dang Hillbillies)