PDA

View Full Version : Saturday is here.

Monique
October 26th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Good morning dear friends. Off to work in a little while. Today I can take my quilting. Saturdays are quiet, I hope.

I am always thinking of you all here.

Granny Judy
October 26th, 2013, 08:21 AM
We will be heading out this morning for some groceries and I get my exercise walking around and around and around.

Planning this trip has reminded me of the "extra" pounds I've put on since my surgery 2 years ago.. Nothing wants to leave me and I think the fat cells are having a party since there's a lot more hanging around my middle these days.. BUT I have a plan... and made a list, too. I'm half way there, right??

Hugs and prayers heading out to everyone this morning..

buckeyequilter
October 26th, 2013, 08:48 AM

I have a busy day ahead of me....trick or treat is tonight. We always have a fire back here so people can take a minute and warm up before moving on to the next house. Am I the only person in the universe that does not like s'mores??? I just like to toast my marshmallows and eat them.

I have to get the house cleaned up and things put away from little hands. We have no small children in the house so I'm not always aware of what we leave out that children might get their hands on. Most of the evening everyone will be outside but sometimes they do need to come in.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Lonna is in my thoughts and prayers this morning. Prayers to all that need them.

Bubby
October 26th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Shirley, I think S'Mores are sickeningly sweet. They look yummy but that's it. Just give me the chocolate!!

We have to work in Cuba today on a big project that will take most of the day.

It's just 24 degrees here this morning. Our beautiful impatiens are gone. The Girls waste no time outdoors in the cold.

My prayers are going out to the many in our group that are hurting and sick. Love & Hugs to everyone of you...

cathy-b-quiltin
October 26th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Good Saturday Morning to all!

Saturdays are busy on the Funny farm! Cleaning and stocking up for the next week. Repair anything that has broken within the last week. When all of that is Finished it's ME TIME!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Saturday.

Carol336
October 26th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Good Morning - guess what - You aren't the only person in the universe that does not like s'mores. And I can't figure it out because I love all the ingredients.....just not all together and hot I guess.

Quiet day for me.....I've been suffering with a horrible cold all week and am finally feeling a tad better. Yesterday I cut out 2 fabric boxes, so today I hope to get them finished....will post pics.

Last night was very exciting for our oldest DGD. She got her drivers license last week and last night she drove to our house and picked up DH, or Baba as she calls him, and they went out for Sushi. Of course Grammy was on pins and needles until they got back and then till she got home. I simply cannot believe that tiny child is old enough to be out by herself, driving a car, AT NIGHT!!!!
Where did the time go?

Have a wonderful day girls

Carol

I have a busy day ahead of me....trick or treat is tonight. We always have a fire back here so people can take a minute and warm up before moving on to the next house. Am I the only person in the universe that does not like s'mores??? I just like to toast my marshmallows and eat them.

I have to get the house cleaned up and things put away from little hands. We have no small children in the house so I'm not always aware of what we leave out that children might get their hands on. Most of the evening everyone will be outside but sometimes they do need to come in.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Lonna is in my thoughts and prayers this morning. Prayers to all that need them.

shermur
October 26th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I woke up with a sinus headache this morning, but at least I got to sleep with hubby home from being gone most of last week!

I need to clean on the house, get groceries, get Dottie (sweet dog) groomed and nails trimmed...and then, hoping to have time organize my sewing room and get UFOs organized and get something completed.....many UFOs! UGH!

kelliedi
October 26th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Hello everyone Today i get to tackle my laundry room which also has a 3 piece bathroom in it. I will be painting it. I went and bought the paint for the trim last night. I can't decide if i should paint the trim first or the walls. The wall paint will be interesting though. I HAD two gallons of paint that WAS about 3/4 full in each, and they have the same tone in them, one was a like a periwinkle blue and the other was as light lavender. I will never use these any where else. So i dumped them together and that's the color. Paint is too expensive to let sit and go bad. They are the same finish too, semi-gloss. With kids/boys in the house that is the only way to go.

Prayers going out to all who need them and just so you know sometimes it is ok to lean on others but only for a little while.

SMILE

toggpine
October 26th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Sleep was rather elusive. Every time the dog barks we take a look. Apparently the "Mommy Hearing' I had when Em was younger is still there. It had just been put on a shelf now that she can get up an use the potty at night on her own. Ugh. That dog barks at a lot of stuff I can't see.

I have scalloped potatoes and an apple pie to make for my step-dad's birthday party tonight. I might need a nap sometime today.

You all make it a good one, and be the reason someone smiles!
Hugs, Cathy

*edit* Kellie -
Paint the walls and then the trim. So says my husband who paints things for a living. Can you guess we have had this discussion here before?

Mpyles
October 26th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Good Saturday morning! As most of you know, I work on Saturdays...big breakfast day....today we have 25 members from a local high school dive team coming in for breakfast...all boys...yikes! I am sure the all you can eat pancakes are gonna fly off the grill!! It will be a crazy day...but at least time will go fast.

Been sitting here talking with my son...seems we are always ships passing lately. He is quite the chatter box, readying his self for a day of biking. I believe he said he has biked over 700 miles so far this month. Crazy! Sure wish I could say he got his motivation from me...

Hope to work on a couple if LQS club projects and the BOM and if course my hexi project this weekend. Dd wants us to drive over Sunday and see her at school....translation...drive over and buy me lunch...lol they don't feed them at the dorm on Sundays...they are on their own.

Well, people can get quite gritchy when they don't get their breakfast in a timely manner...so I better head out!! Everyone have a great day!!

quiltingtrish
October 26th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Hello everyone~up here and have started on the first cup of coffee for the day.
Today is the last full day Katie is home. DH takes her to the recruiters tomorrow morning and we head to Pittsburgh to see her off for the Marines. It will be her first day that hopefully will bring a much needed change in her life and we are all so excited for her. Ever since she found out she will eventually be a crew chief on helicopters, her feet haven't touched the ground much. The next year will basically be all training - 13 weeks to become a Marine, 4 weeks for boot camp, then some sort of flight school, then swim school, then onto mechanic school before she gets assigned somewhere. I hope with this mess with the government and cutbacks that she still enjoys what she will be doing.
Today I head to my Dad's who can't seem to understand that she is leaving out of Pittsburgh which is about 4 hours away. Sunday is my normal day with him and it throws him off if I change that day for whatever reason. It is to be a nice day so I suppose it will bring more picking of the garden and pulling plants. Last week we finished up the tomatoes and got about 80 more green peppers. Frost hit here so the rest has to be taken care of.
Took an online Seniors For Safe Driving Course last night and got my certificate that's good for 3 years and will reduce my car insurance by $60. bucks a year. Between that and taking Katie off my car insurance, I should see a nice reduction for that.
Thinking of Lonnie today. I hope the rest of you have a good day!
Hugs,

kelliedi
October 26th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Cathy thanks so much for the info I knew someone would know.

CrazyMtnLady
October 26th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Good morning everyone.

I can handle about 1 s'more and that is it. I like them, they are just too sweet.

Mary: My husband's nephew bikes a lot. He and a buddy went out to either Washington or Oregon and biked from there back to Indiana. They had a great time doing it. Oh to be young again.

We have a friend from Springfield here camping for the weekend to deer hunt. He owns the 80 acres of woods across the road from us and so he camps here. When DH is home we have a pretty good time with sitting around the campfire. But this time since DH is not home Bart his staying pretty much to himself. He is a nice young man. I did tell him he was welcomed up to the house tonight to watch the Cardinals beat the Red Sox if he wanted. So I definitely need to do a bit of cleaning.

I think I am going to make a batch of Potato Soup today. Sounds good to me and it is now soup weather for sure. It is Octo-brrrrrrrrr!!

Have a good day.
Hugs and prayers to all in need.

HdWench
October 26th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Morning from the night-owl side of things :lol: Got my last SS project done, and... well everything is wrapped and ready to go so Monday will be Post Office. Just noticed my kitchen floor *ugh* where is that cleaning person?? After some sleep it seems that will be 1 of my chores today.

Good luck on the painting, sounds like those 2 colors will mix well and yes, paint's too expensive just to toss if it's still good to shake up and go.

Debbie

ilive2craft2
October 26th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Good Morning everyone! We will be painting today too. We are going to get the 2nd coat on the living room and hallway walls and hopefully enough of the trim done late today or tomorrow, that I can get my furniture back in place. I am soooo tired of living in a construction/project zone. The last delays have been us, but it doesn't make it any easier to live in the middle of it. Our family room is where we hang out - if it had been that room, I am sure we would have moved much quicker. :)

Hugs and prayers for everyone!

bhaggerty
October 26th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Good Morning!

I am not a fan of smores much either! Love toasted marshmallows, just not a fan of melted chocolate, or even chocolate for that matter. Strange, I know!
Today my daughter has physical therapy, teenage son had buddy stay over, so will need to make a big breakfast for those 2 garbage disposals, younger son has a little league football game, and then 2 of my 3 are altar servers at the 5 pm Mass tonight. Need to make a St. Ignatius of Antioch costume for my youngest son - he is portraying him in a Saints Fair at our school this next week. He just could not be St. Patrick or St. Andrew - the 2 boy saints costumes I already have made in the past - nor did he want to be St. Margaret of Scotland - another one I have made - hahaha! Busy day, but soooo glad the weekend is here!

Have my latest editing of Quilting Quickly which I read cover to cover last night!
Finished my SSS box this week and got it mailed off - whew!!

made a test block this week for the Iron Quilter 2 challenge - no good -
completely stumped on doing anything original - will see if I get it done - too much on my plate right now but may throw something simple together just to say I participated in it and it will at least knock out a Christmas present for someone!

gotta go - hear the teenage garbage disposals waking up for some grub!

Ginny B
October 26th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Happy Saturday all. Beautiful, chilly fall morning. I am loving the crispness in the mornings. Will be a busy day today. I am watching my granddog today while ds works at my cousins. I am going to put away my summer clothes, take out the warmer things, do some laundry and hopefully get a bit of sewing done. Tonight we have an engagement party for dh's nephew in Jersey so we will be out late.

Kellie, have fun painting. We will be doing that within the next couple of weeks. We got our bathroom partially redone --- needed a new sink and I also got a new medicine cabinet and new lights. The tub will have to wait for another time though.

We are getting very excited about our trip to CA for ds #3's wedding in a few weeks. Everything is falling into place nicely. And, of course, step-daughter's little one is due the week after the wedding so November is going to be quite a busy time. My brother and his wife will be up for a visit the week before the wedding too so more fun times.

Well, I need to go vacuum the car. Booda was in it for the trip here last night and he left a bit of fur and since we need to pick up dh's aunt and uncle for the party tonight, a vacuuming is called for this morning.

Thoughts and prayers to all who are in need this morning.

Sandy Navas
October 26th, 2013, 11:04 AM
59502That's what I think of s'mores . . . for all the above reasons (except I do love the chocolate, sparingly, at times).

Sure hope the world is turning your way, that you can find a large smile in your heart, and accomplish everything you set out to do.

Me, after having the 5YO tell me "Nana, you sure move slow." Well, I'm just hoping I can make it down the stairs and if I do nothing more than straighten up my desk and make a list of my UFOs . . .

Sending lots of prayerful thoughts to those in need.

Iris Girl
October 26th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Good morning all. Makes me sad seeing all the bickering and fighting here hope it can all clear soon. Hugs and well wishes to all that need/want them.

Today is busy for me its chilly and sunny so today is the day the curtains get switched out and the winter clothes come out.

Need to some sort of cleaning as the service man will come weds to check our hotwater heater, its been going out lately.

Chicken noodle soup and homemade bead for today and hopefully some sewing. Anxious to work on my holiday mug rugs for the swap.

Lisapc
October 26th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I get to do what I want to do today. I am gonna vacuum, take a bubble bath and sew! I will make that Harvest stew/chowder tonight for dinner though. I can't wait the recipe is so simple and it is really cold her today so it will be great!

Have a quilty day full of smiles. Shirley, that picture is just perfect for a smile. Thanks.

Prayers to all!

HandsOffItsMine
October 26th, 2013, 12:43 PM
First off prayers for anyone with a sinus headache, migraine, tension headache, toothache or anything with the head! Makes me want to remove mine! :P

So, I have this little Sewing Elf 59512 who giggles when I...

1. Scorch my fingers prepping my French Seams when sewing my pillowcases!

2. Run out of bobbin thread right before the final .5" of finishing a pillowcase!

3. Break the tip of my favorite seam ripper because I forgot to flip the pillowcase inside for the next step and had rip out two sides!

I'm am sure that Missy is going to be laughing her head off and fall of that darn sewing machine before I'm done with my 75 pillowcases since I'm only at 19/75!

Ok you guys, quit laughing...

MRoy
October 26th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Good frosty morning! We've had heavy frost yesterday and today. I hope my mums on the porch were spared. I spent most of Thursday sewing quilt guild projects for the Christmas Bazaar coming up in two weeks. We made table runners, tote bags, and Christmas tree ornaments. Yesterday was the last work I'll have to do for the job I retired from August 1 so I am finally fully retired. It was the final day of a personnel hearing. Now it's just wait and see what the verdict is.
Today I plan to sew the last rows on the half hexie baby quilt. I need to get this finished so I can move on to other projects and that means more time spent in the sewing studio.
Prayers and hugs for all those who are going through difficulties.

BellasQuilts
October 26th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Morning all. Prayers said when i woke for Lonna and all the others here that need them. More than usual, but we are many and can handle it, eh? Quilted a UFO yesterday evening and want to tackle another today. Hubs is out of town so I can play and sew till 3 if I want. Sending all a big hug and as our Blondie says, SMILE!

momtutor
October 26th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Here in STL, ....First of all, i am jealous Monique, I would love to be able to take my quilting to work.
It is a beautiful day here. I have already changed the lay out on my LOVELY quilt twice, cleaning up the house a little bit and the DH and I are heading out to play golf. It might be the last pretty day to do that for a while. Then later, more creative mojo if my order arrives and gear up for the World Series game tonight.
Happy Saturday everyone. Have a Blessed Day.
By the way.....I am a Girl Scout at heart, and I can only handle ONE S'more at a time.

Nidan_07
October 26th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Hello Everyone. Firstly, Hugs and positive thoughts to those who need them for various reason. I have been thinking of those who are not doin' so well of late.
Secondly, please excuse my ignorance, but can someone please tell me what s'mores are? I have not heard of them before. Are they a Halloween festive sweet?
Thanks.

Granny Judy
October 26th, 2013, 11:15 PM
S'mores are made with a toasted marsh mellow (over an open fire) a layer of hersey's sweet chocolate smashed between 2 graham crackers. With cook outs and bon fires, everyone wants a "treat" and these are easy to make.. messy tho. Very sweet and one should be enough for a person, but I've been known to eat my share and a couple other's share, too.