PDA

View Full Version : TGIF

Monique
October 25th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Good morning friends. Someone was talking snow yesterday. We did have a light dusting when I headed out to work yesterday. YUP!!

I hope Blondie gets her puter fixed. She is really missed here. Anyone hear from Lonna? Some of you may not have seen my post last night. Our own dear Denis lost his mom yesterday. So sad.

No quilting got done at all yesterday. Maybe tonight. I will definitely take it with me to work tomorrow. Saturdays are always quiet.

On that note, I wish you all a wonderful weekend.

Cathy F
October 25th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Morning all,

Monique, Lonna has been in my thoughts too.

Today I'm headed to the quilt store to take an embroidery class. Will be making an embroidered table topper. I find if I sign up for a class I usually finish most of the project there and at this time of year I need that outlet to get my gifts done. Hopefully this will be for my sister for Christmas.
Miss hearing from Blondie hope she gets her computer back soon so she can join us. Hugs to all our forum members who can use a few extra many of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bubby
October 25th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Good Morning,

It's really chilly this morning. The Girls just came in and their ears are so cold. TGIF for sure. I have to clean house today. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and just do it.

Monique, I'm sorry for the loss of your MIL. My prayers are with you and your family.

I talked to Blondie last night and her computer is still giving her fits. Her Mom is doing well.

I made my first fabric box yesterday...sorta fun to make. I don't think I'll be making any large number of them, but I like the one I made. My next one will be from an 18" square. I make triangle templates so all I have to do is mark the corners without measuring.

I will check in later....the Girls have to eat right now (according to them!).

shermur
October 25th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Yay for Friday...mornin' quilting pals! Hubby comes home today...yay again! I don't sleep well when he's gone and I plan on trying to have family time this weekend, plus fit in some quilting time since I was unable to this week!

Carol336
October 25th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Good morning all. Chilly day here in MD too. I've been down with a nasty cold since getting my flu shot on Monday, Never have had a reaction to it before, but I was fine and dandy until I got that shot....so ya gotta wonder!!!

I shopped my stash last night and selected several combos for fabric boxes, mostly from all the wonderful fabric that Cyndi started me off with. Now I just hope I feel well enough today to actually start making them.

Have a lovely day ladies.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 25th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Morning all! Missing Blondie and worried about Lonna's Wayne.

After my fabric bowl making frenzy yesterday, I'm needing to do a little house cleaning this morning before we head for KC to take the grandkids to Great Wolf Lodge. They will have a blast, but that means I have to wear a swim suit--holy ick!

Hope they have wifi at the Lodge so I can keep up with my forum peeps between splash sessions! Have a great weekend!

cathy-b-quiltin
October 25th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Good morning all. It's cold here this morning too! Just put another log on the fire and grabbed more coffee.

Today after morning chores I will clean house then settle in for some quilting.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!

Joan@DebtofGratitude
October 25th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I'm so TGIF I'm doing a happy dance.

I have the afternoon off. Hope to talk hubby into going for a drive. The fall colors are pretty right now. It's cold in mid-Missouri, but still lovely.

This is the first weekend in about five that I'm not busy. Hope to do lots of sewing!

EnumclawGramma
October 25th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Morning! I triple booked today, ugh. Baby shower, dinner with cousins, doc appt. This happens because I'm not in my head. Back to the doc for sure today for this sinus/ear thing. Yuck. I don't do sick. My family is adrift when I'm not 100%. Nobody seems to know how to put dishes away or turn on a vacuum. What's that about?

So I was able to do some sewing yesterday. Finishing up some things and really wanting to do some holiday sewing. That's the highlight for me. I just love the bright cheery fabrics of Christmas. It's fun to work with.

Blondie..........I miss you! Barb, when you talk to her again tell her I'm huggin' her on a daily basis! Some days many times!

Hugs/Prayers to all who want need.....and SMILE!

Mpyles
October 25th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Good morning all....brrrr it's chilly here Thermometer says 29... oh to crawl back into bed. This time if year is hard for me...it's still dark thirty out there ...had a wonderful nap yesterday...cause I was cold and tired....which led to a horrible time going to sleep...when will I learn???

Missing blondie as well...her posts are just so uplifting and inspiring.

Hey how bout those cardinals! :)

Have a great day!!

Bubby
October 25th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Libby...Just have to add that I love your clip art. I'm imagining it sung to the tune of Warm Kitty as sung on Big Bang Theory! Hay Ruby....I know you understand what I mean!!! Lib, I'll tell Blondie you (an everyone) are really missing her. She called me last night but just for a few minutes.

Bubby
October 25th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Oops...I misread Monique's post...I thought her MIL passed away (Brain freeze). It's Denis who is a member of our forum whose Mother passed away. . I'm so sorry for your loss, Denis.

buckeyequilter
October 25th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Good morning....

It's a cold one here too at 30.

Continuing prayers for Lonna & Wayne, May and her family and everyone else that needs or wants them.

Have to go to town tonight - the little monsters will be expecting some candy tomorrow night. I sure hope they have some bubble tape...couldn't get any last year because they were sold out. The kids love that stuff. Jim is going to gun show tomorrow and so I'm going to spiff up the house just so the family doesn't think we're total slobs.

I'm going to use my embroidery machine tonight....have a few things I want to do...poor machine has been neglected way too long. Might get a little quilting in because I can stay up late tonight and work on it.

Well need to get some mail ready to go. Have a wonderful day!

Lisapc
October 25th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Good morning!

I really flaked last night. I spent my day making homemade sauce and finally finished canning it around 8:30 pm and had a bit of a migraine and passes out on the couch by 9:00 pm. I never woke up to do the Night Owl, I am sure someone took over and did a great job.

I have errands today but will have the weekend to me and sewing. I will throw a little cleaning in and landscape work with my son on his train layout but that will be fun.

Prayers to all and have a great day!

Sandy Navas
October 25th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Very concerned that we haven't heard from Lonna - leads me to anticipate her loss . . . hope that's not the case but Wayne has suffered so much.

May we all keep that warm, loving heart thing going!!! It feels so good to be good (wish I could always claim that title though).

And so, to honor our wonderful Blondie:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/263/0/0/smile_____by_aoao2-d4adzvn.jpg (http://aoao2.deviantart.com/art/Smile-259313891)

CrazyMtnLady
October 25th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Good morning everyone. Finally warmed up enough to type...LOL....I am not liking this cold weather this early. It was 29* when I woke up this morning. :(

My thoughts are with Lonna, Denis and all those in need of prayers.

Hope everyone can have a good day full of Love and compassion and smiles.
Hugs and prayers to all.

auntiemern
October 25th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Been thinking a great deal about our dear Lonna. Have to agree with Sandy though, Wayne has suffered so much. Prayers of comfort for her. Missing our smiling Blondie big time too. That was just the ticket Sandy. Praying May and her family are doing well too. So much sadness, and even anger on the forum lately. Denis, so sorry for your loss as well. As a whole I believe we all need to pray for healing and happiness for the membership. Just to much going on with to many people. Hugs and blessings to ALL

lilmouse
October 25th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I am still alive...just not posting as much and did get some stuff done yesterday....I now have 5 quilts in queue waiting to be quilted....I made an entire top yesterday (found a cute and easy pattern on Moda Bakeshop)...it was fun; sew and cut and sew and cut and sew and you had the cutest quick little block....also sandwiched three tops total and my back is letting me know as well as one of my fingers...all that pinning...but now it's done...just have to figure out how to quilt them all and then bind them....so much to do and no time to do it in...yesterday I decided I was sewing and that was that...did take the dog out for a couple of walks...needed the cold fresh air and did a bit of grocery shopping with SIL and had fried chicken for dinner.....a rare treat as I usually don't eat that many fried foods anymore....missing everyone here....keeping all in prayer...especially Lonna...and those who have lost someone....so much sadness this year.....lots of prayers going out here...hugs to all and prayers for those in need and a big SMILE for all

toggpine
October 25th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Morning!
Hubby's home, he put his 40 hours in and now is out working on a side-job that he took in. Em's feeling better, and is back at school.
I'm headed off to put in a few more hours at my job and see if I can get ahead of the mess. We had a two week break and I have been trying to catch up ever since. She really needs more help than I can give her on many different fronts, but at least I can make sure that she's not living filth, as much as she tries.

I'm keeping our quilty friends and their families in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs, Cathy