PDA

View Full Version : 2012 new years resolitiona

kelliedi
October 24th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Yes you read that right 2012. One of my resolutions for 2012 was to compliment one person everyday. Positively. I did that and found out to my surprise I started to look for the good in people so i could compliment them. It cost me nothing, but it may have made their day/week/month. Yes even complete strangers. Don't go into shock on that one. I found out that i couldn't do it so much with men cause they assumed it was a come on....jerks. But the women, especially women of a certain age, it was totally different. I would get a smile or a "thank you" and strike up a conversation. It was interesting at first and sometimes felt weird. Forward to 2013 almost 2014, i still do this and sometimes my mouth engages before my brain does and has no filter control on it, but it has now become a habit and my kids have picked up on it too i noticed.

Am I bragging or putting myself up for person of the year? No but I would like to encourage you to think about doing something similar for your 2014 resolutions.....

Learner quilter
October 24th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Sounds like a good idea, costs nothing. We'll done you :icon_tup:

Carol336
October 24th, 2013, 11:59 AM
What a wonderful idea.....gonna be on my resolution list for 2014.

I did buy the person behind me's meal at mcdonalds a few weeks ago, crossed my fingers she wasn't buying for the entire office - LOL....wasn't sure I'd have enough money. She caught up to me at the traffic light and gave a thumbs up thank you. Felt good.

brenmar
October 24th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Lovely idea - hope you get some in return. Wouldn't the world be a better place if there were more doing the same. I've given my Marks and Spencer 'free hot drink' voucher to strangers and they look quite shocked - but in a good way!

SuzyQue
October 24th, 2013, 01:33 PM
We definitely need more of this in our world! Yeah! I try to find a character trait or gift of the spirit to work on each year. It often makes a huge difference in my life and other's, too. I try to keep it quiet and to myself, but it is fun to watch and see it spread among your children and your friends, as they start to emulate that trait, also. What fun!

snippet
October 24th, 2013, 03:30 PM
That's a great idea.

Last night I saw the movie About Time in a sneak preview. It's really touching.

highlight the following spoiler section if you want to read the spoiler. Otherwise, move along :)

At the end, the main character realizes that his life is so much better when he learns to appreciate the little things in each day instead of traveling back in time to fix things.

SallyO'Sews
October 25th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Thank you, Kellie, what a lovely idea! Mind if I borrow it? :icon_bigsmile:

I kind of feel that way about our forum; whenever I post something, everyone is so kind and generous with compliments, and it really is encouraging.

I'm going to do my best to do this. The world - or at least my little corner of it - will be a better place, for sure.

Blessings, ~ Sally \0/