PDA

View Full Version : . . Hubby's surgery update

CountryHut
October 24th, 2013, 10:00 AM
G'morning everyone . .

and Thank you everyone that kept my Charlie in their thoughts and prayers (((HUGzzz)))*~

Charles had surgery on Tuesday -- **without any issues*~
removal of the lemon size cancerous tumor took 2 hours - reconstrutive surgery 3 hours -- 2 hours in recovery
the surgeon only nic'd the salivary gland to test for cancer . . NONE was found .*doin a Happy Snoopy Dance*~
so no removal was necessary -- however the did remove his ear lobe

the picture below will give you an idea of surgical area -- there are about 300 to 400 + stitches -

both Doctors places Charles in ICU over night - so he could have one on one care
he kept water down for over 12 hours - so they released him yesterday

Charles pain level is -- actually-- very good . . . he's only had 2 pain pills since recovery
1 at the hospital -- and one here at home . . .
boy was he loopy -- I told him to STAY in his lazy boy chair --
that if he fell -- there was NO way I could pick him up . . .

he goes back on Friday for the removal of 2 drainage tubes --
then again on Monday for a possible removal of the stitches . .

then he will have a few zaps of radiation - but NO CHEMO **Thank you Jesus*~

again -- Charles and I ---
THANK everyone for keeping him in your prayers . .

\
\
\
\

Lisapc
October 24th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Such good news! I am praying for his quick recovery and for you to have the strength to help him through this and take care of yourself.

Sandy Navas
October 24th, 2013, 10:35 AM
What a body map. Praying for a quick and complete recovery. Now you won't be able to grab him by the ear and pull him into a quilt shop any more . . . I pray that no additional sites turn up and that his radiation treatments go without a hitch!

Many hugs - you need them for all you've been through!!!!!

Bubby
October 24th, 2013, 12:05 PM
That was really big surgery. I hope he has a speedy recovery and great results from his radiation. My prayers are with you both.

pcbatiks
October 24th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Diane, glad your DH did well with the surgery and no chemo is needed. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

easyquilts
October 24th, 2013, 12:33 PM
That's a lot if stitches! Praying for a speedy, uneventful recovery....

auntiemern
October 24th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Diane, so happy for you that the surgery went so well. I can't believe they only kept him over night. I was in for 4 days, and no where near such a vast surgical area. Mine was all arthroscopic. That is a huge area, with a lot of stitches. So excited that they got it all. Prayers continuing for a full and speedy recovery.

SallyO'Sews
October 24th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Rejoicing with you and Charlie, Diane! Praying everything continues to go better than expected.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

SuzyQue
October 24th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Prayers said from here. May God bless him with limited pain and a complete healing. May God give you strength, patience, and peace as you help him to heal. What a major surgery for such a short hospital stay, but those stitches are best kept clean and safe at home. May his recovery be as uneventful!

Madeforyouinma11
October 24th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Diane, I'm so glad all went well with the surgery. Will keep Charlie and you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

CountryHut
October 24th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Thank you everyone . . . I let Charles read everyones comments -- tears welled in his eyes -

he says -- I can't believe that so many people that don't know me would say their prayers for me
-- then he got a bit choked up - 'cuz he hasn't heard anything from his daughter :(

so now this afternoon -- I've been """trying""" to get him off the work phone -- I told him to leave work at work . *grr*~
he has a raspy voice after having a tube down his throat for all those hours

again, Thanks so much ya'll :)

Monique
October 24th, 2013, 08:04 PM
That is great news. Speedy recovery Charles.

ilive2craft2
October 24th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Fantastic news on all fronts! Continued prayers for both of you. Hugs, Lisa

K. McEuen
October 24th, 2013, 08:38 PM
You know what's going to happen now, right? All your posting about Charlie going over his word limit ... now he's gonna be telling people that you talked his ear off!

Glad he came through everything with flying colors. Hopefully the rest of his treatment is a breeze as well.

lilmouse
October 25th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Great news....will continue to hold you both in prayer....

CountryHut
October 28th, 2013, 10:06 AM
L*~ . . matter of fact - that is what I told his surgeon last friday . . *great minds think alike*~ :)

You know what's going to happen now, right? All your posting about Charlie going over his word limit ... now he's gonna be telling people that you talked his ear off!

Glad he came through everything with flying colors. Hopefully the rest of his treatment is a breeze as well.

CountryHut
October 28th, 2013, 10:14 AM
just a tad of an update :)

Hubby is doing well -- had one drain tube removed Friday -- another will come out today *hopefully*~ . . stitches are suppose to
come out today as well . . . don't know if I can watch that . . especially this 2nd drain tube -- its real touchie when I put meds on it and around it . . .

Charles on pain meds have been just to silly -- Who needs the Comedy Zone when I have Charles . . maybe be a good time
to talk him into knocking out a wall for my sewing/craft room . . LOL*~

the other good news is -- ZERO cancer cells around the perimeter --
*with a*~ . . BUT he still needs to see hematologist - just to be sure . .

well off to get wet and then his Dr's appt . .

ya'll ""Make It"" a good day :)

Sandy Navas
October 28th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the update - keeping him in my prayers.

Everyone here knows that when I get extremely tired I get extremely silly - keeps things hopping. I like the idea of convincing Charles to knock that hole in the wall for you while he's under the influence - you can always tell him later that you tried to stop him . . .