PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's Thread

Monique
October 24th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Good morning dear friends. Still thinking of Blondie, Lonna and Wayne, May and Panda (she needs some prayers too).

It was a busy day at work. Holy crocuses, a whole lot of packages going through the post office. I did not get any quilting done yesterday. We hosted bingo at the senior's home last night to a packed room. They enjoy this so much.

This afternoon I am going shopping (for food). Another exciting day!!!!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone and SMILE along the way.

kelliedi
October 24th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Hi Monique it looks like we were typing at the same time. Oh well no big deal .

My heart has had all of our forum friends laid on it the past few days so i lift you up so that you get what you need, even if that iw what you don't want.

SMILE

Granny Judy
October 24th, 2013, 08:01 AM
I'm up and fully functional.. except for a few brain cells that haven't made the trip thru the night. I seem to be forgetting something today.. Now where is my note pad..

Oh, yeah, there I go. all alert and on track. Life sure seems to go by faster and faster as I age. I gotta few things left on my "bucket list" to try. The least of them is a trip to Florida - flying down this Sunday.

The biggest is wearing a size 10 again.. (well, I doubt if that will ever happen) but I can dream and exercise. Exercise and dream. At 70 no one expects me to be that small, but I am a dreamer and try to save up for this marvelous wardrobe!! except when the DD is something I can't resist. Then all Dreams fly out the window and I'm transported to Quilt Land. Like today!!

Prayers going out to our Forum Families in need. And Hugs to everyone who signs in. Looking for some sunshine today and sending those smiles out to everyone I meet.

buckeyequilter
October 24th, 2013, 08:22 AM
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/thursday/happy-thursday-cute.gif

Good morning...

Prayers to all our friends that need them. May God bless each and every one of you.

I'm at a stand still on my quilt now because I had to order backing and border. My bedroom is going to be all Ellie Ann *lol*. I absolutely love that fabric. I think tonight I might just spend some time cleaning up my sewing room before finishing up a couple of quilts.

We need to get to town, probably tomorrow night, and get Halloween candy since trick or treat is Saturday evening. We always have a weenie roast afterwards for any of the family that wants to stay. I hope the weather cooperates this year.

Well better get to it - these bills aren't going to pay themselves. Have a wonderful day!

EnumclawGramma
October 24th, 2013, 08:34 AM
How did we get to Thursday so quickly?
Yesterday was a really beautiful day, hoping for more of that good stuff today. I'm making some fall/leaf themed place mats for my cousin, a thank you for flying me out to NY to visit her for my bday. Will finish today, hopefully. I'm sure missing Blondie here. Hope all's well. One more cuppa and back to sewing. Hugs and Prayers to all who want/need.

Iris Girl
October 24th, 2013, 08:58 AM
My thoughts are with Blondie and all our forum friends in need of well wishes and quilty hugs. Today is work , after work my neighbor and I will head to the new walmart in a neighboring town to check out the fabric dept. Yesterday was my quilting ladies sewing day. We had a blast and work diligently on the stained glass runner, that will take another class to finish..who woulld have known twin needles would be so hard to find. I have lots of them , but they all wanted their own, Michaels does not sell them, nor does Hobby Lobby. One looked at Joanns and was sent to the viking sewing gallery...over my dead body would I buy anything from that *itch. So we are checking online and getting them that way.

Have a great day all its been mighty nippy here at night and mornings 33 as we speak now. Time for and extra blanket and foot quilt on my bed...too early for the heavy quilt yet.

shermur
October 24th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Mornin', quilting pals! I've been up since 3:30 this morning...and sure don't want to go to work. I could get so much more accomplished at home today, but can't. I'm totally snowed under at work, but excited that hubby is coming home tomorrow!

Bubby
October 24th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

We were disappointed in the Cardinals in the World Series game last night. I hope tonight they play better.

Jeff had a doctor's appointment and he's going to have surgery on his sinuses again (operation #3). We may have to go to Columbia for this surgery, which would mean staying in hotels and having to board the Girls. We are waiting a call from the doctor's office regarding the time and location. His local ENT/surgeon doesn't perform the technique he needs this time. His breathing is so bad that if this doesn't work he may have to go on disability.

I'm cooking a big pot of chicken for the girls' meals. They're not spoiled!! A little chicken goes a fairly long way for them mixed with dry food and a little broth.

Names for the giveaway on my blog are pouring in. I'm meeting some really nice new quilters also.

My prayers continue for Lonna and Wayne, May and her family, and for everyone in our group here that needs an answer to prayer.

Wishing everyone a good Thursday.....Barb

Mpyles
October 24th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Good morning everyone. Off to work for an hour or two and then I have the day off. Hoping to come home run the broom and swiffer thru the house and sew the rest of the day. I have a lovely niece that comes by on my Thursdays off, but I am secretly hoping she is busy today so I can get some quilting done. Gosh, I really shouldn't say that, life is short and I shouldn't be stingy with my time.

We had our appreciation dinner last night...safe to say they felt appreciated. We gave out about 160 door prizes and everyone left with some $$. The food was good, what I got to eat of it...no rest for the wicked!! I am sure I will get lots of feedback this morning.

It chilly here...I don't think its suppose to warm much today. Tonight our dear cardinals play again...hoping they have a better night. I attribute it to me not cheering them on! So the game will be on in our house tonight and I will hoot and holler!! Freaks my pup out!

Well off I go.... Everyone have a great day!! prayers for those in need!!

Sandy Navas
October 24th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Good morning, good morning.

Can't believe I beat the sun up again today. Must be the chill in the air - freezing again. Love the brisk air this time of year.

Heading to my sewing room today to try to get back into the swing of things - organization is number one on my list of things to do - you know, that's where you find everything for a project and get your 'ducks' in a row so you know what needs to be done first. I'm like Judy - where's my paper and pencil?

Had a great time with my Bro and Sis yesterday. My SIL brought me a huge tray of local persimmons - love those things. She cautioned me that I should eat no more than 6 a day and I think I had four . . . know why she cautioned me, now. My sister is such a prolific quilter and had three completed that I hadn't seen since last time we visited (she doesn't have kids running in and out and didn't have her sewing machine in the shop . . . that's my story and I'm sticking to it). One of the quilts is for an auction and is a king-size that is absolutely spectacular.

If I stay here I won't get anything done, so I'll leave behind my prayers for my on-line friends. We have so many who need our comfort right now . . .

CountryHut
October 24th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Good morning . . .

it's a bit on the chilly side this morning *YEAH*~ . . . well dang . . my fingers ARE NOT wanting to correctly spell anything
this morning . . and my eyes have to keep back spacing to make the correcting . . *smacking fingers*~ . . *ugh*~
well dang - even that didn't make any sense . what the hay . . I guess the last 2 days have been a bleep on my radar

instead of a reposting - I posted an update on the Hubby's surgery .

well . . I have to take care of the hubby's meds and such . .

well wishes, thoughts and many prayers for ALL in need and even if you aren't in need for a prayer or two -- I'm sure that you won't
mind if I include you :)

"Make it" a great day :)

Lisapc
October 24th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I had a mental break from the worries of the world yesterday. I ate junk food for lunch with my Peter and Kora. Took them to the dollar store and let them buy with abandon a bunch of silly (useful to them) gifts for my Dad for his birthday. They were so cute with their little baskets discussing with each other and asking my approval of their choices. After a few times of me saying, "It is your gift to Guy and that means it is from you and if you like it for him then get it." They each picked out a gift bag and I got a pack of tissue paper and they got big bows and we wrapped every little thing individually. There were books, calculators, tire gauges, flashlights and more! None of which he needed and nothing top quality and he was like a little kid set loose in a toy store. He had the best birthday and my Mom followed me out to the car and thanked me for giving him the best birthday he could have. She also cut the cake we got him in half and sent it home with us. They boys pigged out on it last night, I swear I only had a medium sized piece!

I went out to the garden last night and picked every red, orange and green tomato there was. So today will be the last sauce I make until next fall. I have never had tomatoes so late in the season before. We had our first hard frost last night. Other than about 1 hours work the garden is put to bed until next spring.

Praying for all those that need it here and in my own life. Just found out my brothers colon cancer is gone and my Aunt has just found out she has colon cancer. That disease is truly the devil and at work.

Please smile today, it is our armor from all the negative out there.

Sandy Navas
October 24th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Praying for all those that need it here and in my own life. Just found out my brothers colon cancer is gone and my Aunt has just found out she has colon cancer. That disease is truly the devil and at work.

Sending prayers for your aunt - and praise that your brother's cancer is gone!!!

CrazyMtnLady
October 24th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Good morning all.
My prayers have gone out this morning for all those in need.

I do believe DH will be home either this weekend or early next week if things go as planned. :) Am so looking forward to his coming home.

It is funny watching the dogs go out when it is cold and they aren't sure they want to go out. It sure doesn't take them long.

Started watching the St. Louis Cardinals game last night but decided I could not torture myself watching all the errors. Do feel bad for the outfielder that ran into the fence and hurt his ribs though.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

nyscpa2be
October 24th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Morning everyone - except for me - its only 56 in the house and i am freezing!!! I can't start the woodstove by myself, so I'm stuck in hoodies and sweats for the day. I haven't been on much lately, so my prayers are just oging out to anyone who needs them.

I went to a new LQS yesterday, and was able to snag the main fabric for a pillowcase at $5 a yard - its a teenage fabric. Today, I need to bake bread (and warm the house up), paint more of my bed frame, and I don't know what else.

(((Hugs))) Amy

toggpine
October 24th, 2013, 02:26 PM
It's a better morning. Miss Em came home from school feeling punky and proceeded to get worse until about midnight. She says she's feeling better this morning, and so far is keeping toast down.
We are supposed to go to Mom's today to celebrate Dad's birthday. Not so sure that will happen.

Our neighbor brought over a grocery sack full of chanterelle mushrooms yesterday afternoon. I have them all cleaned and in the dehydrator. They will make some super tasty soup and sauces. He said that the mushrooms were everywhere this year. He even managed to fill his deer tag. Some years, the mushrooms are the only things he brings home from the hunting trips!

Well, out to check on the goats in the fog, refill the coffee cup, and get back to the sewing room!

auntiemern
October 24th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Heavy hearted today. So many of our dear forum friends and family, are going through such trials and tribulations. Personally, had a bit of a spat with a dear friend that has left me sad, and hoping we can get past this. Prayers continuing for our quilty loved ones that are in need of some special hugs. Hugs and blessings to all.

HandsOffItsMine
October 24th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Tried to get a hold of Sis Blondie, poor thing's computer doesn't boot consistently. :( Mama Ruth is at least in the Rehab Nursing home taken good care of and getting lots of visitors from church friends.

Lisa prayers for your Aunt, very sorry to hear that. Glad your brother is cleared. It's such an emotional roller-coaster the big "C", it's all around us these days.

Been cutting and sewing Cyber Elves Give Back Pillowcases, averaging about 4-5 a day, between watching the GKs this week. Matt and Kat both had doctors appointments scattered over each day this week. Ollie and Penny are too cute and funny, so easy to care for.

It's been really cold over night and in the mornings..39! I am NOT prepared for this at all!!! I have only open toed shoes and 3 thin knit sweaters I found in March when we got here! We don't even have coats!!! I'm missing our ONE SEASON in Hawaii!! lol

BUT really having Kat over yesterday after her doctor's appointment, hot tea/cookies with the GKs, laughing...nothing is better than being here all together! Even if I'm going to freeze my (_|_) off this fall/winter. Sigh...