PDA

View Full Version : World Series

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2013, 08:53 PM
Getting ready to watch the WS. Gonna be rooting for the Cardinal's my home town team. They were also much beloved by my mom. We one the series shortly after she passed, and got a pretty good feeling she will help them win this one. Go Cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kensington
October 23rd, 2013, 09:07 PM
I'm not really into baseball, unless the Royals are playing. Even though the Cards are from Mo, I'm going to watch CSI and Criminal Minds. Martin on the other hand, will be glued to that big TV to see the game. LOL.

Good Luck Cards!

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2013, 09:18 PM
Any one that knows me also knows that I am an absolute purist when it comes to our National Anthem. I didn't care for the way Mary J Blige sang it. It should be sung how it is written, without all of the added notes, runs and other things to make it their own. I also do not like hard rock kinda music. That being said, this version gives me goosebumps, and brought DH to tears. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Madison Rising - The Star Spangled Banner - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8C7i9kdEf8)

PeggyM
October 23rd, 2013, 09:27 PM
Any one that knows me also knows that I am an absolute purist when it comes to our National Anthem. I didn't care for the way Mary J Blige sang it. It should be sung how it is written, without all of the added notes, runs and other things to make it their own. I also do not like hard rock kinda music. That being said, this version gives me goosebumps, and brought DH to tears. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Madison Rising - The Star Spangled Banner - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8C7i9kdEf8)

Wow! I'm a traditionalist, too, but that was a wonderful interpretation, and with such great passion. The video was what made it.

grandmasieg
October 23rd, 2013, 09:34 PM
Any one that knows me also knows that I am an absolute purist when it comes to our National Anthem. I didn't care for the way Mary J Blige sang it. It should be sung how it is written, without all of the added notes, runs and other things to make it their own. I also do not like hard rock kinda music. That being said, this version gives me goosebumps, and brought DH to tears. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Madison Rising - The Star Spangled Banner - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8C7i9kdEf8) I like this but the best and most surprising singer of the National Anthem to me is Jack Black! Jack Black Sings the National Anthem at Sparks Game - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9l4LMZeNm0)

I'm rooting for the Cardinals too...they gave our Pirates a good run!

Hugs!
Debbie

Monique
October 23rd, 2013, 09:42 PM
GO SOX GO!!

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2013, 09:45 PM
Whoda thunk it? Not this gal 4 sure...Wow
I like this but the best and most surprising singer of the National Anthem to me is Jack Black! Jack Black Sings the National Anthem at Sparks Game - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9l4LMZeNm0)

I'm rooting for the Cardinals too...they gave our Pirates a good run!

Hugs!
Debbie

PeggyM
October 23rd, 2013, 09:55 PM
When I saw Jack Black, I was waiting for a Roseanne-esque interpretation. Glad I watched it.

grannyann
October 23rd, 2013, 09:57 PM
Being originally from Ma. you know al my family are rooting for the Red Sox. I don't watch any sports but most of my family are watching. May the best team win.

New York Sue
October 23rd, 2013, 09:59 PM
Marilyn, this version brought me 'weak to the knees' a few years back.

Whitney Houston sings the National Anthem -- Star Spangled Banner - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1QmeEdFOSc)

I still get GOOSEYS! ;)

Monique
October 23rd, 2013, 10:16 PM
Beltran is out, sorry he got hurt. But he made a heck of a catch.

Grandma G
October 23rd, 2013, 10:31 PM
Well, I am a transplanted Texan having moved here in 1967. However, I was born in Massachusetts and just returned from a two week vacation in the area and Red Sox fever is over the top there. I watched some of the Red Sox vs. Detroit games while I was there and so am cheering for the Bo Sox to win it all. Sadly my Houston Astros are now called the "Lastros" as they finished this season in last place. Right now they are like a bad minor league team. Bummer.

Oh, and Beltran used to play for the Astros and they let him go. Another brilliant move on the part of the Astros - NOT!

Another thing about watching anything on TV on the east coast - everything is an hour later. Geez, I could barely stay awake. Who stays up to watch the news at 11:00. Afraid I would be waiting until the next morning to see what happened in the world.

Anyway, I digress - Go Red Sox!!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 23rd, 2013, 11:03 PM
The Cardinals are making it hard to watch, especially the first two innings. But I'm there for my hometown team, no matter what the outcome. GO CARDS!

momtutor
October 23rd, 2013, 11:50 PM
The entire town of STL will be depressed tomorrow because our Cards have lost. And to make matters worst, Beltran has gotten hurt, and it is his first trip to the WS. We better win this series for him. We will just have to win tomorrow and when they return home. The team likes to play and win in front of their hometown fans. We will get them tomorrow Cards.

Lindagie
October 23rd, 2013, 11:57 PM
This game has been very painful to watch; about as bad as that game with the Dodgers when we couldn't play defense; Wainwright pitched that game as well. Coincidence? I hope StLouis gets this out of their system and things start going the other way tomorrow. I do NOT want Boston to win this thing. Go Cards!!!!

auntiemern
October 24th, 2013, 12:46 AM
This game was just sad to watch. But......we really just wanted to give them a false sense of security, so we can beat them at home. Hope Beltran is good to go for the rest of the series.

Lindagie
October 24th, 2013, 03:13 PM
New day, new game; Lets go Cards! Hope Beltran can play; he's waited so long to get into a World Series and we need him out there.

Mpyles
October 24th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Beltran is out, sorry he got hurt. But he made a heck of a catch.

He'll be there!

Doloris
October 24th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Another thing about watching anything on TV on the east coast - everything is an hour later. Geez, I could barely stay awake. Who stays up to watch the news at 11:00. Afraid I would be waiting until the next morning to see what happened in the world.

Anyway, I digress - Go Red Sox!!

And as an east coaster, when I visit DS in Al I always wonder who starts prime time at 7 pm. I'm still finishing things up then to settle in at 8 pm for some tv.LOL

Mpyles
October 24th, 2013, 08:54 PM
I am a cardinal girl allllll the way!!! A lot of the guys spent time here playing the minors with the Springfield cardinals! And last year they won the championship!! They can win it!! Wacha is pitching tonite I believe...absolutely amazing 22 year old! Go Cardinals!!

Mpyles
October 25th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Way to run those bases!! Great pitching by Wacha, Martinez, and Rosenthal!! Woooohhhooooo!!

auntiemern
October 25th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Huge difference in tonights game. I do believe we will be winning the series.

shannonsaulter
October 25th, 2013, 01:34 AM
well I have been a Yanks fan since my grandpa was still alive he was hard core...so I cant really say which team I am rooting for the better playing team will win..

SallyO'Sews
October 25th, 2013, 11:46 AM
My children are 3rd-generation Red Sox fans... Then DS#7 - the one who works for his alma mater's baseball team - married a die-hard Yankees fan! :icon_bah:

DS#4 married a girl who is from southern Illinois, and of course is a life-long Cardinals fan. We all teased her mightily on Wednesday when that ball dropped between the pitcher & catcher, but she sure was happy last night! They are going away for the weekend, which is just as well; I don't think she wants to watch the games with us! :icon_heh:

Enjoy, everyone!

cyndiofthevortex
October 25th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Okay, so now they're even, one game apiece. But, I'm sorry to tell all you Card fans, the Red Sox are going to win.

The power of Red Sox Nation will prevail!

Lindagie
October 25th, 2013, 03:24 PM
We shall see! Hope we can win the next 3 at home!
Went to the Eagles concert in St. Louis last night so DVR'd the game. Everyone was keeping track of the score; even Glenn Frye told us the score of the game! He said there would be only good news from the stage; and there was! Yay! Awesome concert and awesome game! (DH and I watched it when we got home; what a difference from the night before).