PDA

View Full Version : WELL IT'S WEDNESDAY

kelliedi
October 23rd, 2013, 07:18 AM
Nobody else has started today's thread so I will, if i missed it I'm sorry.

Every Wednesday i think of the camel commercial I'm sure a few others do too. I have had off a lot of time the past few weeks and haven't really accomplished anything. A few JRR quilts and fabric boxes and chores around the house but other than that nothing. I'm not even worried about it either. I think sometimes that we just need to sit and take a break and listen to the world go by. That is my personal opinion.

I will specifically ask for prayers for Blondie, May, Lonna, and Wayne. There are many on here who could do with a boost prayerwise, I lift them up also.

This is not Blondies usual fair and I apologize for that

SMILE ANYWAY..... yes i'm screaming that to you cause its an order.

Make the world better by your presence today

Jean Sewing Machine
October 23rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
Hi Kellie! Glad you started the morning smile thread!

My prayers are for all who are in deep need for them to just be able to face what this day will bring for them.

Working on more projects for my craft fair booth. Hope I can make enough different things by a week from Saturday.

Have a great day!

Evilynn
October 23rd, 2013, 07:31 AM
Hi Kellie, hi forum friends!

Every Wednesday I think how fast the week flies by. One week is nothing. I didn't have as much time for anything as I wanted but I notice the "autumn blues" setting in. I have a very hard time getting out of the bed every morning. Janna is already up and all over the house and I can't get my bum up. Hmpf. She gives me always 10 extra minutes in the bed before she comes and starts to gently slap me into the face. LOL! That kid is quite the bomb! I honestly got no clue what I did to deserve such an awesome child. Once I am up there's not much that can stop us. We play, we laugh, she's walking if I hold both of her hands. It's so heartwarming to see the first babysteps! Recently she started, when I sit on the floor, to come and pull herself up using my shoulders or my pullover as support, only to give me then a hug. AWWW! If that aint' super cute then I don't know what is!

I received my very first fabric order in MANY months today. It was 4 charm packs from the seascape line for a baby boy quilt. I knew they were coming but my heartrate went a bit up when I saw the small package in our post box LOL! I felt, for a tiny moment, that excitement that little children have when they speak about birthday or christmas presents. It was sooo good, haha!

I have you ladies in this forum always in my heart and my mind. You guys are very special to me. Even when I am not here (which I apologize for) I always think about you guys and wonder how you are. Thinking a lot about Blondie and now about May, too. I know that many are not speaking openly that there's something bothering them but I often think about those who I suspect have something going on.

Cry if it releases your soul but don't forget to laugh often because that makes you feel good! :)

That being said, I'm sending all of you a virtual hug :)

Steffie

Monique
October 23rd, 2013, 08:00 AM
Good Wednesday morning everyone. I hope Blondie gets her puter problems straightened out and that Momma Ruth continues to get well. Prayers for Lonna and Wayne this morning as well and I will say one for all of you who need them and don't ask.

I did a little quilting last night. Can't wait to get that baby quilt done. Another work day and another cold day. I hate that winter is coming. I want to be in Australia where summer is starting.

On that note, Kellie gave the order to SMILE so I will smile at all my customers this morning.

Our Prince George is being christened today. Canada Post has unveiled a new stamp to mark the occasion.

Have a great day everyone.

aliaslaceygreen
October 23rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
good morning! I am sitting here with a cat on my lap, and DD talking to the kitten--down, no, stop biting...
I had a three day weekend...and was sick two of those days! I am still sick....ugh...the lovely gift from Laylabug last week...it keeps on giving...

It seems that there is a lot of sadness here, I wish I could give you all a hug (well, maybe after I am not poison)....

take care, friends!

Bubby
October 23rd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Good Morning Kellie,

Thanks for starting our thread. It's downright cold here this morning. I will be adding a blanket to our bed this morning.

Steffie, it was great hearing from you. I'm so happy to hear things are going well for you and your little family.

I have to make a trip to WalMart this morning and later this afternoon Jeff has a doctor's appointment that will most likely result in him being scheduled for surgery. This has been coming for quite some time now.

I finished the embroidery part of my Christmas project. All that's left is the fun part now! Jean, I can't wait to see your projects for the craft fair.

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday....

Yes, let's remember Blondie, Lonna and Wayne and May in our prayers.

Granny Judy
October 23rd, 2013, 08:23 AM
First I lift up prayers for everyone's needs today. There are so many needs but know that the Lord is able to handle it all.

It's chilly.. if yesterday had been colder, we would have had our first snow fall. Other wise it rained all day!! Cold wet gloomy stuff.

Got my travel plans all confirmed for this coming Sunday (27). Heading down to Florida to visit DD#1 for a couple of weeks. Taking my Lovelies with me and using her supplies!! It's a nice break for me before the "really cold" weather hits here.

I'll be back before the next round of quilting friends get together for our Charity Quilt making party.. Battered Woman's Shelter here locally. Good cause since there are children involved most of the time...

Got a big smile on my face.. and looking forward to some sunshine on my face!!

Mpyles
October 23rd, 2013, 08:29 AM
Good morning!! The thermometer says 33 here this morning!! Brrrrrr! I am a fair weather girl.....I like sunny 70!

Prayers for all those in need. Good to know its just the computer for blondie and that mom is doing well!

Today I have the associate appreciation dinner. My truck is loaded down with gifts and I have more to pick up this morning....don't know where those will go...in the back I guess...hopefully we have dry weather forecasted today! We encourage all of our vendors to honor our associates ...so I have over 130 2 liters of Pepsi products to fetch, as well as donuts from our bun maker. We have a pretty good time at the event...the owner gives all of them a check....kind of an early Christmas bonus as a thank you for their efforts the past year. We are having BBQ for the meal...pulled pork and chicken. Should be a good time.

Well I better get after it!! Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Sandy Navas
October 23rd, 2013, 08:32 AM
Good Morning. Just checked the time and can't believe that I'm already out of bed, showered, dressed, and ready for my second cuppa. I must be weird today (notice that should be weirder).

I've had a swollen heart recently with all the troubles our forum friends are facing. It sure tears at me . . . Dad always told me my heart was as big as a whale and that I wore it on my shoulder!

Today is FAMILY day - lunch with Bro and Sis. I am so looking forward to seeing them - seems like it has been way too long.

It is great to see our Steffie back posting - I have had a lot of our on-line friends on my mind lately - especially those who haven't been around much lately. Wondering specifically if anyone has heard from Rebecca. I know she was planning a move, and think she also had her stateside winter visit scheduled. Anyone know anything?

Al stepped outside this morning (weather channel said 28 degrees out) and said it sure didn't seem as cold as they said it was. When I asked him how cold it felt he said about 30 degrees. What difference??

Prayers going out . . .
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k174/ctyofangels/prayers_in_wind88.jpg (http://www.sodahead.com/living/a-special-prayer-request-for-a-good-sodahead-friend-menopausin-please-keep-her-and/question-857247/?page=2)

Cathy F
October 23rd, 2013, 09:44 AM
Morning all,
Kellie, enjoyed your morning post, good job!

Keeping all our members in my thoughts and prayers today. It's a chilly morning here, turned on the heat to take the chill off and of course had to have a hot cuppa.
Hopefully today will have some sewing time in it, have been trying to get one small project done each day. Yesterday I did a pillow for a quilting friend, she loves snowmen so I think she'll be happy to receive it.
Well, off to get my day started, hugs to all who need a few extra today.

EnumclawGramma
October 23rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
Morning! It's going to be another sunny cold day here once the fog burns off. Lots to do now that I'm beginning to feel better.

Sharing a lil' smile: 59171

And now off for my second cuppa!

Hugs and Prayers all 'round.....

MRoy
October 23rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Good morning! I've been up for awhile now, reading, checking posts, etc. I'm also thinking of those going through difficult times- Lonna and Wayne, Blondie and Ruth, May, and any others. Prayers going out for everyone. Evilynn, it's good to see you back.
I need to get my spare sewing machine ready to go for the guild's sit and sew tomorrow. I think all it needs is moving the 1/4" foot from my other machine. I'm going to take a bin of fabric too in case any of it can be used.
It's a gloomy, cold day here and it's supposed to get colder. Putting on my smile as ordered by Kellie! :)

Lisapc
October 23rd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Good Morning all!

Forgive me but today I am saying a prayer for all of those in need here on the forum and in my real life and then shaking the sadness and worry off. Today is a half day for my son at school and my Dad's 75th birthday. Last night as I was making dinner I heard my Lil' Guy tell Dad to be nice to me. Dad said, "I am always nice to Mommy did I make a mistake and not be nice?" My son's response was, "You are nice to Mommy but she looks sad, you need to be extra nice so we can have happy Mom back". I was just alone in the kitchen cooking and apparently had a sad face going on. I was thinking of all the emotional trauma so many are experiencing but I was alone, I didn't think anyone noticed while I was in private thought. I was wrong. So since today is a special day with my son and Kora to go out shopping for Dad's birthday I am going to mindful of the celebration that today is.

My Dad is 75, he is mostly healthy, he still works 50 hours a week. Not because he has to but because he wants to. He loves his work and that says it all. That and my mother would drive him nuts if he retired. He is not a perfect man but a good man. I am Daddy's little girl and I am grateful to have him and know that I need to make our remaining time count.

Fake it until you make it with that smile today if you need to. I am going to smile because I can and that is a good!

Carol336
October 23rd, 2013, 10:34 AM
Happy Wednesday everyone. I'm sending prayers up for all those who are in need and especially for those who are in need but don't say so.

Down with a nasty bug the last 2 days, I got my flu shot on Monday and have been sick ever since. I don't usually have a reaction to the flu shot, so am not really possitive that's what 's going on here. I did drag my body out of the bed this am and take a shower and wash my hair. I'd like to say that helped.....but taint so!!!!

I'm back to bed now - you all have a wonderful day

Andrea F
October 23rd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone,

itīs afternoon here and half of my day is already over. With all the sad things happening here lately I am extra thankful that my daily hazzles are really small in comparison right now.

I had lots of smiles today so far. We are having a fall break from school here and I enrolled my niece in a childrens sewing class for today. She is turning nine in December. My sister and I brought her to the local fabric store this morning and she chose pink fabrics to make a loop scarf. It turned out very pretty and she was so proud of herself and so were I and her mum. She had a lot of fun and she and I are having a date for sewing a bag on Sunday :) I also bought a little bit of fabric - why canīt I walk out of a fabric store without buying anything?

I still have a little bit of work to do today. Our semester has started with lectures and seminars this week and I have some preparation left to do for tomorrow when my seminar starts. I hope some of the students are really interested and donīt just attend the seminar for the credit points. Itīs a lot more fun when they like it.

Have a nice and peaceful day!

CrazyMtnLady
October 23rd, 2013, 11:46 AM
Happy Hump Day everyone. It sure was cold this morning, tonight we have a Freeze warning....Brrrrr. Extra blanket on the bed tonight for sure. I will be glad when DH gets home and we can put a new thermostat on the furnace and I can have some heat other than the space heater. And get some wood for the wood stove to heat the front room.

I read a news story this morning about those ugly Oarfish that have been washing up along the California coast. The Japanese have a myth that they are harbingers of disaster. So is California in for a major Earthquake?

My prayers are with those that are in need of some comfort.

Have an awesome day and yes I will smile.

Hugs and prayers.

shermur
October 23rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
It's hubby and my 16th wedding anniversary today and he's out of town....kind of a bummer day for me. Menopause has me crying the blues....

snippet
October 23rd, 2013, 02:44 PM
It's hump day! My favorite day of the week (I even got married on a Wednesday)

Praying for all of us who need His loving hands to heal and comfort. May He reach into everyone's lives and answer that need that has been posted here in the forum, as well as those desires that have been hiding within our hearts.

Now go out and quilt!

toggpine
October 23rd, 2013, 03:08 PM
It has been damp and foggy here all week, and it looks like it might continue for a few more days. Ugh!

I am home today and will be working on the quilt and some things for my Santa Swap. I need a coffee refill and a dish of bumbleberry crisp and I'll be good to go.
The bumbleberry is all of the leftover berries and apples mixed into a pie filling. I always seemed to have a few leftover berries from every batch of jelly and last year I had a few apples left too. So, I figured I'd mix them all up and go for it. YUM! I can say that making the pie filling and canning it has certainly helped get the pies baked. (Hubby REALLY likes that!) I just have to dump the filling and add a few fresh apples (we like it appley) and we are off to the races.

My thoughts and prayers continue to go out for our quilty friends both in their joys and their sorrows.
Hugs and smiles, Cathy
Off to sew!

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Am up for the 2nd time today. The first time 4:30 AM. I had to go to DD's cuz she had to be to work super early this AM. Came home after getting the GK's on the bus, ate a little something and went back to bed. Guess I was really tired.
Sending up special prayers for Lonna, Wayne, May, Blondie and momma Ruth. Praying for the rest of the forum that they too can find comfort and peace, and be able to let go of the heaviness that holds them down. Hugs and blessings to all.