PDA

View Full Version : I have a Wicked date... not with hubby!

kensington
October 22nd, 2013, 03:07 PM
My son is taking me to dinner and to see "Wicked" at the Music Hall downtown!

Last year, we went and saw "Jersey Boys".

My daughter took me to see "Celtic Women"

They take me to see anything I want to see! I'm blessed!

Kgrammiecaz
October 22nd, 2013, 03:08 PM
You are a very luck Mom. I have seen Wicked twice already and would love to see it again and again. Just love it! You are so going to enjoy.

You truly are blessed!

bubba
October 22nd, 2013, 03:24 PM
The year my best friend and I turned 50, our husbands sent us back to NYC for a week! The first show we saw was Mary Poppins which was only fitting since that is the first movie I saw as a child when I was just seven years old. After that, we saw the dress rehearsal for Grease (remember when they held the auditions on TV? It was from that!) And the last one we saw was Wicked. That is a very cool show and you will have the best of times!!! We sat up in the front center of the balcony which were ideal seats for the venue we were in because so much goes on above the stage and over the audience that we were able to see it all.

You will have the best of times!!!

Andrea F
October 22nd, 2013, 03:36 PM
Thatīs so cool! I want to see Wicked for a few years now but apparently I canīt manage to actually go and see it. Have fun and enjoy!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 22nd, 2013, 04:13 PM
How cool! I am jealous, have wanted to see Wicked for years! Enjoy it!

Sandy Navas
October 22nd, 2013, 05:27 PM
Can you wear your hat? I'll let you borrow my broom.

kensington
October 22nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
Uh.... I wonder... about the hat! But, I doubt it, cause I would be blocking the view of someone, I'm sure. ROTFLOL.. but what a great idea!

Miss Sheri
October 22nd, 2013, 05:57 PM
Have a wonderful time with that awesome son!

New York Sue
October 22nd, 2013, 07:26 PM
We LOVED Jersey Boys on Broadway, and have seen it twice. Their CD was instrumental in my husband's total knee rehab.
Musical/Dance therapy, anyone?

Enjoy WICKED! That's next on my list!!

Nidan_07
October 22nd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Can you wear your hat? I'll let you borrow my broom.

You're onto it, Sandy!! I was going to offer my broom, but I need it to ride to work!

Have a wonderful time, Kensington!! Wicked is on my bucket list!! Be sure to let us know how much fun you have.

Beakkmom
October 22nd, 2013, 08:09 PM
Have a wonderful time with your son! I saw Wicked with my youngest daughter and absolutely LOVED it!

Divine Daisy
October 22nd, 2013, 08:15 PM
How exciting!

I have tickets for Fiddler on the Roof with........er...........that chap from that police program.......um..... it will come to me......like Cagney and Lacey only men.............lord,,,,,,,er......Starsky and Hutch! that's the one. Phew! Paul Michael Glazier. It is directed and choreographed by Craig Revel Horwood. Do you know him? He is on Strictly Come Dancing.

Anyway I am oober excited about it, we have a box at the theatre!

Enjoy Wicked!

kensington
October 23rd, 2013, 02:16 AM
My husband and I saw "Fiddler on the roof" here a few years ago, and I loved it.

Wicked was really good. We had a blast, we went to $1 tacos before and went to Applebee's for half price appetizers after. I just got home.

snippet
October 23rd, 2013, 03:48 AM
Oh! I love the theater! Wicked was a great one. I just saw the Book of Mormon a few weeks ago and loved it. When we were in NYC last we saw Green Day's American Idiot. It was really cool. Now it's on tour and I want to see it again, just to see how the set design compares to the NYC set. I did a lot of theater in high school and then with a local theater troup in town.

Fiddler on the Roof and Grease are my favorite movies of all time. I haven't seen either one in theater, but I will someday.

Is this the son that's going to DisneyWorld?