PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday hellos

Monique
October 22nd, 2013, 07:56 AM
Good morning everyone. All I can say this morning is I hope you all have a wonderful day. Thinking of Lonna & Wayne this morning.

Another work day here. Rainy and cold and wet and damp. That about sums it up.

I wish you all a happy day.

Bubby
October 22nd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Good Morning,

We had our first freeze last night. After the sun comes up I will go out and see if we have any flowers left. it's always sad when the cold gets our impatiens.

I had a brief dental appointment yesterday and my bite has been corrected. I am now officially totally done with my teeth until my next check-up next year.

My machine embroidery project is coming along and I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I have a small jump start on Christmas gifts. I want to make a few of the fabric boxes that are going viral on our forum!! Each one is cuter than the ones before. I looked at decorative buttons at WalMart yesterday and they had a pretty good selection. I think it would be fine to put a decorative button on the front of the box and three coordinating 'generic' buttons on the other three sides. I have some darling handmade buttons that were expensive and I don't want to put $20 worth of buttons on one fabric box. I bought these buttons to embellish pillows, etc. when I was a x-stitcher.

I wish everyone a nice Tuesday with Hugs....

CrazyMtnLady
October 22nd, 2013, 08:07 AM
Good morning. Hope everyone has a good day today and stay warm for those of you who are in the areas that are downright cold this morning.

Lonna and Wayne are in my thoughts and prayers also.

Need to put an extra blanket on the bed for tonight. Possible frost/freeze tonight. I actually restored to putting socks on my feet yesterday. Brrr. Not ready for this cold weather.

Took the dogs out this morning about 3am and TarButt was having a fit, trying to get off the leash. She was sniffing and growling at something she smelled. I could here the coyotes howling down in the hollow at the back of our property and I heard what I think was a deer snorting close by. Not sure what it was but TarButt didn't like it. Gator couldn't care less, he just trotted around doing his thing. I have to keep TarButt on a leash or she will run off.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Mpyles
October 22nd, 2013, 08:11 AM
Morning!

Tuesday dawns a chilly 38 degrees here. We are heavily wooded at my house so don't know if the frost will get us or not.
Another busy day ahead for me, new product training....that we really don't need...then off to gather up a few door prizes for our dinner tomorrow and then to Lebanon. Everyone, have a nice day!!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 22nd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Good morning all! Does anyone know what is going on with our Blondie? I'm hoping there isn't a crisis with her mom.

Praying for Lonna and Wayne. Sometimes it's hard to know what to pray for when you are in that situation. I guess the best prayer is for God to put you at peace with what is happening.

I'm working on my craft fair projects, progress is being made, but I will have to keep working every day to get done what I hope to finish.

It's cold here, too. Think we might have had a light frost, maybe the mums will survive!

Hope everyone has a great day!

buckeyequilter
October 22nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Good morning.....

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr......a cold 33 here this morning. We had some frost last night because it was still on my windshield this morning.

We were babysitting BIL's german shepherd....he came and picked him up last night. The house seemed so quiet when he was gone.

Not much happening here....work and quilt. Well off to check the daily deal.

Have a wonderful day! Special prayers for Lonna and her DH. Prayers and hugs.

MRoy
October 22nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
Good morning! I just woke up...nighttime cold medicine really knocks me out. I'm also praying for Lonna and Wayne and hoping all is good with Blondie and her mama. We're expecting the frost and freezing temps later in the week. I had to miss Monday's quilt guild on Monday but I got a call yesterday about tomorrow's sit and sew. We'll be sewing the quick table runners, hot mitts, etc. to sell at the annual Christmas bazaar in November. I'm going to find the video for the table runner today and review it.

ilive2craft2
October 22nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Good Morning all! It is 31* here this morning -- brrr!!! Keeping Lonna and Wayne and Blondie and Ruth in thoughts and prayers today as well as all of the other forum members who have requested prayers.

Mom seems to be doing ok at the nursing home rehab - hoping we can go for more than a week between hospital stays. Stopped by to see her and try to walk her through using a cell phone. They don't have active phone jacks in the rooms, we would have to contact the phone company to set up. Since we don't know how long she is there for, not really wanting to deal with that hassle. Had to write out instructions and we practiced a bunch. Not sure if she will remember how to do it today - new things are a struggle lately. Oh well, it gives her peace of mind to have a phone, whether or not she can use it. :)

Had kind of a normal night at home last night--it has been awhile since we had one of those. Played with my Lovely charms and I think I know what I am going to do with them now. It will be a quilt for Mom, since she loves purple and pansies.

Hugs and prayers to all of my forum friends!

Nanato7
October 22nd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Good Morning to All! I came across this thread, on my daily ritual of reading recent posts. I'm a member on this forum, for a little over a month, so I really know none of you, except that you are an extremely caring group of people, willing to help anyone, in whatever form! Lonna and Wayne are vague to me, however, the fact that there is cause for showers of prayers and hugs, is enough for me! In most prayerful situations, I generally take a "route" that kinda covers all bases. Oh, I storm heaven with prayers, however, those prayers consist of: "Lord, please allow whatever is best in Your eyes occur, and strengthen those having to deal with that result." This has been my method, for my entire adult life and I find comfort in it. When my three children (in their 30's and 40's now!) requested my prayers for a given subject, I'd always told them that I'd be happy to comply, but you know that I only pray "for what's best." As for Blondie and her Mother - they're on that prayer chain as well. God bless us all!

Lisapc
October 22nd, 2013, 09:39 AM
Good morning everyone.

Yesterday my Mother came over with Kora so it was planned to be a 3 generation sewing fest. My DD was working and doesn't sew, she is chicken but she wants to and I hope someday she will. My mother oohed and awed over a project I am working on which felt good. She was sewing some window panels and Pillow covers, the design on them reminded me of a FMQing pattern. What I had intended on working on got ignored because Kora was in design mode. She designed 4 doll quilts and made me help her measure them and put each in it's own project bag. I only lost 1 fat quarter that I had intended for something else to her designs. In the 3 1/2 hours she spent in that sewing room the only break she took from her design work was to eat and watch a 1/2 Halloween special I had recorded. So I will work on my stuff today. The good news for today is that I found out my new sewing machine is finally being delivered tomorrow or the next day. I am no longer excited I am just nervous, this is my first time with a new brand. I am gonna go slow.

My prayers to Lonna, Blondie, May and all of those forum friends who need them now and always.

lilmouse
October 22nd, 2013, 11:22 AM
Morning All, I too am keeping Lonna and her husband in prayer and also Blondie and her Mom in prayer as well...so many prayer needs...I think I am going to get a notebook and start writing them all down so I can keep track and remember all of those in need of heavenly assistance.
Not much on my agenda today....have a ton of quilts I need to get made and finished by yesterday...errands to run...laundry to finish up and put away...vacuuming and dusting...bird cage to clean and a bathroom as well...does the list ever end...
Hope everyone has a great day...the weather here got down in the 20's last night..brrrr...winter is on its' way...I was hoping it would wait a little bit but don't think that is going to happen...oh well....I am pretty much set for the weather this year....everyone take care and I will check back in later!
Hugs and prayers for all in need....

toggpine
October 22nd, 2013, 12:10 PM
It's a work day, so I shall not dilly-dally on the computer too long.
Just long enough to check in on my quilty friends, and wish you all a good day.

hugs, Cathy