PDA

View Full Version : The Night Owl that took Rome- Monday is done!

Lisapc
October 22nd, 2013, 12:53 AM
One thing that has always bugged me is that although I love Jenny's tutorials I have only been quilting for a year and really wished there was a way to see what others made from the patterns she demonstrates. I have seen many conversations about it here on the forum and I had an idea. The idea is to have a group for every tutorial where we can see the quilts that have been made with that pattern and get some ideas as well as appreciate the work of everyone. So I posted a thread asking for opinions of that idea. Well it has seemed to taken off. I am sure there will be bumps in the road until there aren't any more but I do feel like it really is a good idea and that we as a forum are really onto something with this. When I think of the hours I have spent looking up a tutorial it is mind boggling. I wanted to thank everyone who is participating and encourage everyone to go take a look if you need some inspiration or just wanna look at pretty things.

I was very excited to come back onto the forum tonight after getting a glimpse of these new groups earlier. When I got back here I was saddened and in tears because our Lonna and her Wayne are hurting so much right now.

I am stumped. I have nothing more to offer tonight than a simple thank you, all of you that make being part of this forum so enjoyable even if it tends to be a time sucker.

I am not a religious person. I go to church very rarely. My minister is however a friend and we communicate often. I do charity work for the church, I did before they helped me and my family when we were having a hard time. I found them a very welcoming parish. Having said that I do pray and cannot seem to do anything this evening but pray. I hurt like many of you do for Lonna, Wayne and the many others here on this forum and in our own lives that are suffering.

So I figure that tonight I am better off just heading to bed and praying to God my thanks for who I have to love and be loved by and for him to ease the pain of all of those suffering here and in my own life.

Good night Owls and thank you all for just being a part of this forum.

MayinJerset
October 22nd, 2013, 01:41 AM
I'm also praying and asking Him to ease the pain of my DS#1 and his family as his wife Debbie is in a coma and I don't think she will be with us much longer. Long story made short, she was diagnosed with breast cancer about 2 years ago, as far as we knew chemo treatments were working but I think our son kept much from us. Last week they found out that there is nothing more that can be done. She hasn't been hospitalized and hospice was coming to their home evaluate her today. We wanted to go to their house yesterday but DS said she wanted to be alone, very understandable at this time. Anyway last night she lapsed into a coma and tonight we attended a healing mass at their church and she was blessed and rubbed with the glove of Padre Pio, a Catholic saint who has healed people. Debbie has continuously trusted God for a miracle and asking my friends to add their prayers for that miracle to occur. Thank you.

Musical_Starling
October 22nd, 2013, 02:15 AM
Prayers for both Lonna and Wayne and for your Son and his wife May. I never have the right words for these situations, but always send out hugs and prayers instead. As I read through the forum I don't always post but whenever I read something that is deserving of a prayer I always take a moment to pray for whoever and whatever that may be.

pcbatiks
October 22nd, 2013, 02:21 AM
Lisa........the words you wrote tonight sum up how I feel tonight also. You said it very well.

May.......I'm so sorry to hear this news about your daughter-in-law. It must be so hard seeing your son hurting as he goes through this with her. My thoughts and prayers will be with you & your family also.

Like Lisa.........with these thoughts & prayers of today I am reminded of how thankful I am to be part of this forum of friends. Thanks to all of you.

Kgrammiecaz
October 22nd, 2013, 02:24 AM
This is a tough night for some forum members and I as well offer prayers for all.

toggpine
October 22nd, 2013, 02:49 AM
This sounds like it will be a very difficult few days for some of our forum family. I will continue to think of them and others who are dealing with tough situations.
In the last month or so I have begun to remind my family and friends how much I love them. If I have a few minutes while waiting, I'll scroll down my list of phone contacts and call a friend and tell them how much I appreciate them in my life. It only takes a few minutes, & we both end up with a smile for the day.
I have also started telling my husband & daughter more than just a casual "love you" on the way out the door. They get the full sentence "I Love You" and some thing I love about them or some silly thing like "Drive carefully, you have my favorite guy in the car." Hubby has a long drive on some dangerous roads. When he gets home he usually gets a hug launched at him from is favorite daughter followed by a hug sandwich. It can't hurt for my daughter to hear that I love the freckles on her nose or the sound of her laugh. It reminds me to be thankful, & it does us all good.
I think the world needs more hugs.
So, for all of our quilty friends who have asked for our support or not, as the case may be, there are mental hugs here and know that we keep you in our thoughts.
Cathy

bkthomas
October 22nd, 2013, 02:57 AM

Prayers Always and in all ways.......

Granny Judy
October 22nd, 2013, 06:36 AM
I saw the library of quilts from the Tuts and added a few of my creations.. such a grand Idea. Thank You!!

Prayers said for those in need .. I know NOT what else to add except Trust and Believe.

Were coming into an Early Winter and I'm NOT looking forward to it. But plan on being ready..

Cathy F
October 22nd, 2013, 06:57 AM
I'm not very good at expressing my feelings at times like these but I do care about my forum friends and be assured you are in my thoughts and prayers.

MayinJerset
October 22nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Thank you all for your comforting words and prayers. Doesn't matter if you commented or just said a silent prayer, all your prayers will be heard. May

HandsOffItsMine
October 22nd, 2013, 08:21 AM
Dear (((May))), my heart goes out to your son and his wife Debbie. Prayers for her as she's preparing/talking to God and his angels, your Son for the strength he needs to see her go through this stage, you and your husband and the family as well.

I'm sure they kept things to themselves to protect you, we have and do the same for our loved ones. We don't want them to worry every moment of the day as we go through treatments. Prayers, positive thoughts, sharing family moments/love is more important. I'm sure that is what Debbie will take with her from you and your husband.

As my Mams has been gone almost 14 years and my father/sm are far away on really my only remaining close relatives. I always love your stories of your big, loving family. You're a special lady!

Much love and Huggers, Ruby

Joan@DebtofGratitude
October 22nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
My heart goes out to Lonna and May and all those in this lovely group who are hurting or have needs. I am so very blessed with a healthy family, good job and now -- this gracious and caring group of friends.

Lisa -- you are quite eloquent!

Lisapc
October 22nd, 2013, 09:43 AM
May, I am so sorry to hear this sad turn of events in your family. I am praying for all of you.

Miss Sheri
October 22nd, 2013, 11:26 AM
((((((May)))))) Just know I care. Prayers for peace and strength for the days ahead. With Love, Sheri

lilmouse
October 22nd, 2013, 11:37 AM
Keeping you and your family in prayer May...just added to the prayer list!

Andrea F
October 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM
I am not a religious person either, but I do send thoughts of strength and positivity out to all that need them. I am so sorry for everyone going through such a difficult and hurting time and it just makes me sad that I can do nothing to help.

May, I am so sorry for your daughter in law and your whole family. I may have at least an idea what you are going through right now. Pretty exactly one year ago my stepmother had a major stroke that destroyed almost all of her brain. She was in a coma for one more day and I stayed with my sisters, holding their mothers hand in turns until she had passed away. On Saturday it will be one year.

October has become a really emotional month for me because all family members passed away in October. On the other side DS#1 was born in October, so there is something joyful too.

auntiemern
October 22nd, 2013, 03:05 PM
Though we may not always see eye to eye, your words truly touched me. I am so saddened by what Lonna and Wayne are facing and going though. (Been there myself) It is at times like these, that we should take the time to reflect on our own lives, and be thankful for those that we love, and those that love us. We should not let petty differences, turn mole hills in to mountains. Life is much to short for anger and hate. It is to precious to let negativity weigh us down, and to let the words of others interfere with our happiness. I am praying for our dear Lonna and Wayne, that the transition is a peaceful one.

Sandy Navas
October 22nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
Amen!! Asking for God's blessings.