PDA

View Full Version : Update on DH

Lonna
October 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
Just wanted to give you all a quick update on Wayne. I was able to come home for a couple of hours so just thought I would fill you all in. He is still in SICU he is here because medical ICU is full. He is getting the best care here. His kidneys, liver, heart are all still working great, no change there. Lungs are still horrible they have him on a bipap machine I think I got that right not sure though. His right lung is full of the cancer and he has pneumonia (hope this is right) in the left lung. Have to be back at the hospital in about an hour a group from the In house hospice is suppose to come talk to me. It is all so confusing to me as if you listen to one Doctor he gives you a glimpse of hope you listen to another and he says there is nothing to be done. Just oh so tired right now. Well it is time for me to run.

buckeyequilter
October 21st, 2013, 01:04 PM
You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.

nyscpa2be
October 21st, 2013, 01:07 PM
Lonna, I am so sorry for what you and Wayne are going through. My prayers are with you both...

Jean Sewing Machine
October 21st, 2013, 01:14 PM
Oh, Lonna, I wish I could be there to help you through this! Listen to your heart about what you want the doctors to do to help Wayne, and make your wishes known. It is a very hard place to be right now, I know this because I was there myself with my husband. I will pray very hard for you that God guides you through this difficult time.

easyquilts
October 21st, 2013, 01:17 PM
You, your husband, and your family are in my prayers.

Please.... Take a little time to do something nice for yourself... Take a nap, have a bubble bath , do your nails, hire someone to clean your house.... You need to treat yourself well, so you will have the strength and energy for the days ahead.

God bless.

HandsOffItsMine
October 21st, 2013, 01:20 PM
(((Donna and Wayne))), we been praying for both of you to be able to give each other strength. Kat and Matt also wanted you to know that they are thinking of you. Said an extra prayer together when they picked up the kids yesterday.

Take the time to discuss what is best for Wayne and his wishes...and how you feel about it all. Don and I send our love.

Huggers, Ruby

K. McEuen
October 21st, 2013, 02:00 PM
As if the cancer wasn't bad enough, pneumonia has to enter into the picture. That's often the case though. Poor Wayne must feel like an elephant is sitting on his chest. I imagine your head is spinning with all the information flowing your way. The hospice people were a godsend when my dad was in his final days with leukemia. Dad was at home rather than the hospital and they came in daily and gave me a much needed break.

You and Wayne continue to be in my prayers.

kensington
October 21st, 2013, 02:07 PM
Praying for you both. God Bless.

Lisapc
October 21st, 2013, 02:11 PM
Praying for you and Wayne.

mamaquilt
October 21st, 2013, 02:14 PM
Strength and courage to both of you!

auntiemern
October 21st, 2013, 02:14 PM
Lonna, so very sorry that you are in this situation. I know how difficult it must be for you, as I have been down that road with my parents. Listen to your heart, and to All Mighty God, to make the right decisions. I continue to hold you and Matt in my prayers. It is never easy. Love and Hugs dear friend, for you and Wayne.

ilive2craft2
October 21st, 2013, 02:18 PM
Hugs and continued prayers for both of you.

MayinJerset
October 21st, 2013, 02:22 PM
Still keeping Wayne in my prayers and you too during this hectic time. May

aliaslaceygreen
October 21st, 2013, 02:41 PM
Oh, Lonna. Hugs to you and all your family....

pcbatiks
October 21st, 2013, 02:42 PM
Lonna.........still praying for you and Wayne............hugs to you from all of us here.

SandyWhite
October 21st, 2013, 03:03 PM
Oh Lonna, I can't imagine what you must be going through. My thoughts are with you.

Gayle8675309
October 21st, 2013, 03:05 PM
I am praying for both of you. Please take care of yourself, too, during this difficult time. I'm so sorry that he is so sick.

Monique
October 21st, 2013, 03:19 PM
Lonna, thinking of you both and saying lots of prayers. Sending you both hugs.

Shirley
October 21st, 2013, 03:32 PM
Thank you for taking the time to update us Lonna. You and Wayne are in my prayers.

Andrea F
October 21st, 2013, 04:57 PM
I am so sorry that you two have to go through this. Im sending strength and I wish I were able to do something to make this all a little bit easier.

Divine Daisy
October 21st, 2013, 05:46 PM
My thoughts are with you, hang in there my friend

cyndiofthevortex
October 21st, 2013, 05:49 PM
So sorry this is all happening to you both. I think of you often.

Tanya D
October 21st, 2013, 06:16 PM
Sending you strength and courage Lonna.

bopeep
October 21st, 2013, 07:06 PM
Bless your hearts.......you are in my Prayers.....
Thanks for the update....
{{{HUGS}}} & {{{{PRAYERS}}}}
bopeep

Genny
October 21st, 2013, 09:37 PM
I'm so sorry to here this, Hugs and prayers to you and your husband. Genny

toggpine
October 21st, 2013, 09:41 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Wayne during this.

RFREE
October 21st, 2013, 10:07 PM
Lonna I am so sorry Wayne has to got through this. Prayers for you both. Take time for yourself and just stay strong in this very difficult time.

Sandy Navas
October 21st, 2013, 11:04 PM
Sending you all the strength and support I can muster - I can tell you need it. Let those doctors talk and talk - and if you don't understand all they are saying, pin them down to the mat and make them speak slowly and clearly. You have every right to know all you can to make this difficult time a bit less frustrating. I sincerely pray that someone is there to help you through all the turmoil - you must be stressed beyond belief. That suggestion for taking time for yourself is true, true, true! Do it and don't regret it for a moment. You know that Wayne would want you to take care of yourself, too. He knows your love and knows how difficult this time is for you - after all, he's living it, too. Prayers, prayers, prayers for strength and God's Will!!

MRoy
October 21st, 2013, 11:11 PM
Continuing prayers for Wayne and for you Lonna. ((((HUGS))))

Kelly F
October 22nd, 2013, 01:18 AM
Lifting you up in prayers from me and my family.

SiobhanF
October 22nd, 2013, 01:25 AM
Praying for you.

grammakim04
October 22nd, 2013, 01:30 AM
Praying for both you and Wayne.

Please remember to take care of yourself also.

Kim