PDA

View Full Version : The Cry of the Night Owl- Open Mike

Lisapc
October 20th, 2013, 12:41 AM
It is me for tonight ladies and gents if they aren't sleeping well.

Open mike means talk about whatever you want.

For me it is how a mistake that crushed me in the moment turned out to be not a bad thing.

I cut 20, 6 1/2 inch solid squares. I went to sew them to the appropriate 1/2 square triangles to realize that in fact I had cut 20, 6 inch squares. I immediately went to hubby and told him he was in idiot, he giggles and says: "what did I do?" So I told him what he did and that cutting 6 inch squares messed up my stash and my project. He said, "I will try to pay attention the next time I am cutting those things up honey". So I go into my sewing room and see a pile of squares that goes to my next project. I need to cut squares of the same solid for them but a smaller size. I need 5 1/2 inch squares for that one. So my big mistake turned out to not be so big because I can still use them.

Yes I do tell my hubby he is an idiot when I make a mistake. It is a silly little game we play and I mean no offense to anyone. Frankly it keeps me from having to admit that I am the idiot!!!

So what do you want to talk about?

Jean Sewing Machine
October 20th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Made two more candy rolls for my daughters tonight. They are basically a placemat rolled up and tied on each end.58613

Musical_Starling
October 20th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Oh I'm stealing that one! Next time I mess something up, "LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!" :icon_giggle: Plus it will make The Giant very confused, and that's always good for a laugh!

I know that some quilters frown upon them, but my latest love is panels! Why do I love them? Because they're awesome quilting practice!! You don't have to wait and piece a whole top and then think "Oh dear, do I really want to put all of that work to waste in case my quilting doesn't go the way I planned?" So I love that I can just take a panel and quilt to my heart's desire, and if I mess it up too bad then it's less than $10 to get a whole new panel! And if I don't mess it up and it turns out really pretty, then it becomes a new present for some deserving soul! Win, win for a new quilter like me! :)

Musical_Starling
October 20th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Made two more candy rolls for my daughters tonight. They are basically a placemat rolled up and tied on each end.58613

I definitely have to try some of these. I saw a similar idea a few days ago (please don't ask me where because I likely will never remember lol) but they wrapped it around an empty cardboard tube and called it a "reuseable Christmas cracker". It was like a nice mish-mash of your idea and our dear Daisy's idea from last year :) I may make some for my Mom, she loves those things! She spends a small fortune on them every year.

Hulamoon
October 20th, 2013, 12:54 AM
I thought about something on my way home from the store today. I saw this young couple kissing at a waterfall lookout. You need to slow there because it is a pedestrian crossing.So I slowed down and noticed.The guy was African American an the girl was white.

I'm married to a Japanese/ Chinese man. So My kids are Japanese/Chinese/ Norwegian/Scottish.

How are you mixed up?

Lisapc
October 20th, 2013, 01:01 AM
I thought about something on my way home from the store today. I saw this young couple kissing at a waterfall lookout. You need to slow there because it is a pedestrian crossing.So I slowed down and noticed.The guy was African American an the girl was white.

I'm married to a Japanese/ Chinese man. So My kids are Japanese/Chinese/ Norwegian/Scottish.

How are you mixed up?

My Dad is French Canadian and Mi'kmaq Indian. My mother is 3/4 Italian and 1/4 French.

My Hubby's Dad is French Canadian and his mother is Italian.

I swear that my father was mistreated by his future MIL because he was not of their race (Italian).

Then, I had to explain my heritage to every extended family member Peter has because he married further out of his race (Italian), his mother raised him to only recognize the Italian in his blood.

Really weird how genetics works.

Jean, I love those candy bowls. I must gift some of them with Fudge this year.

lilmouse
October 20th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Norwegian, English, German, American Indian and Scotch! Talk about a mess...that's me!

Kgrammiecaz
October 20th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Ok i will go with that for tonight. I am white, I have two white daughters from my marriage, and I have a dauhter from a friends with benefits relationship after my divorce. And, my middle daughter has a daughter from a short term relationship, my granddaughter is half columbian. I have a nephew married to a spanish girl, cannot remember where she is from, so I have spanish nephews and niece. We are truly a mixed family and love that is the way we think americahould be

Kelly F
October 20th, 2013, 01:14 AM
I am finally watching the episode of Glee where they did a memorial for Cory, the one who passed away this summer. Sad episode.

I met my puppy today ..can't wat to go back in a few weeks and bring him home. I posted pics in my original thread, but here is another one.

I grew up knowing my Mom was Polish and my Dad Irish and German. Dad started looking into his ancestory and discovered we have Tuskagora Indian and French Canadian on his side. On a side note, I was working with a lady who was French Canadian and asked her to help my Dad translate the French. Discovered that we have family in common! So we went from co-workers to distant cousins.

Musical_Starling
October 20th, 2013, 01:15 AM
So should we call you "Peeping Lorie" now? :icon_giggle: Just kidding! Well it seems like we've got a pretty good mixture so far! Being a Newfie, I'm a good mix of British/Irish/Scottish as it is, and The Giant is Mi'kmaq with a little of the British/Irish/Scottish thrown for good measure lol

ilive2craft2
October 20th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Love the candy bowls, too! I think I am going to try a few of these and the fabric boxes. I can put my peanut clusters in them this year for Christmas presents. Last year, I did a bunch of pillow cases - the peanut clusters were just in the glad containers. Will be doing some pillowcases for Ruby's group this year. Love having some fast projects that I can complete in between other longer term projects. I think I am ADD - love having multiple projects going at once.

ksap
October 20th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Today was Homecoming at my youngest daughter's college so DH and I went there for the day. My daughter is a cheerleader so we also went to the football game and got to watch her cheer. When we got to the stadium, the cheerleaders were getting all set up but Sarah came right into the stands to say hello. As soon as I started hugging her, the tears started. I don't think I have realized how much I have missed her. I have been trying to be so brave about the youngest heading off to college. Her fall break is next week and it will be the first time she will be home since she left in August. I have already been warned about all of the laundry that is coming home and she is putting in requests for her favorite foods. I will just be happy to have my baby home, dirty laundry and all!

During halftime they inducted a fan into their sports Hall of Fame. This man lives in the town that the college is in and in SIXTY YEARS, he has never missed attending a home football game. Can you believe it? Now, that's dedication.

I feel like I am having trouble finding a balance between "life" and quilting. My sewing stuff is spread all over the dining room table and chairs too. It looks like a giant mess. That's the first thing you see when you walk in my front door. All I ever want to do is sew and my house is starting to show signs of neglect. Yikes, I need to come up with a plan here. I really have been ignoring the things that need to be done because I am always sitting in front of my sewing machine.

Lorie, my kids are one crazy all mixed up melting pot...Italian, German, Polish, Irish, French on my side and Italian and Hungarian on my DH's side. A little bit of this and a little bit of that I guess you could say.

ksap
October 20th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Kelly, your puppy is adorable!! Does he have a name yet?

Hulamoon
October 20th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Oh my gosh Kelly how adorable!!! You must be in heaven! I will watch the Glee episode on nextflix. I don't like to be sad though.

lol Dee I'm not peeping. It's open mike so tell us where to go in Canada! Everyone wants to come here but I would love to go there!

Kelly F
October 20th, 2013, 01:35 AM
thanks Lorie and Karen. No name yet.. Not sure..I am a huge Hobit fan and love Bilbo Baggins. I wanted to call him Bilbo... But can you imagine calling your dog , "Bilbo, come here Bilbo". Rhymes with dildo and I think could be mistaken too easily. LMAO!

I thought of Loki or Thor, the 2 gods who are brothers.. (we are huge Marvel comics fans). I called him 'Little Dude' a few times. But I don't think that is it either.

Ya, I am crying over here, this Glee episode is too sad.

Musical_Starling
October 20th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Oh my gosh Kelly how adorable!!! You must be in heaven! I will watch the Glee episode on nextflix. I don't like to be sad though.

lol Dee I'm not peeping. It's open mike so tell us where to go in Canada! Everyone wants to come here but I would love to go there!

Oh I'll tell ya where to go alright! :icon_giggle: Sorry, but you walked right into that one Lorie honey! lol Well, my obvious answer is going to be that everyone visit ME! And just in case seeing me isn't incentive enough, this is what my colourful little city looks like:

Welcome to Sin Jawns (aka. St. John's)! Isn't she purdy? There's a show filmed here, Republic of Doyle, and it focuses around a father/son PI team and it gives you some beautiful views of our little city (plus helps you understand the dialect a little! lol). I think it's airing in the US now, and in the UK as well. I love it, but I may be a little biased ;)

Musical_Starling
October 20th, 2013, 01:42 AM
thanks Lorie and Karen. No name yet.. Not sure..I am a huge Hobit fan and love Bilbo Baggins. I wanted to call him Bilbo... But can you imagine calling your dog , "Bilbo, come here Bilbo". Rhymes with dildo and I think could be mistaken too easily. LMAO!

I thought of Loki or Thor, the 2 gods who are brothers.. (we are huge Marvel comics fans). I called him 'Little Dude' a few times. But I don't think that is it either.

He could be Gandalf the Black? :icon_giggle: I'm no good with names, but he certainly is cute!!

ilive2craft2
October 20th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Kelly, he is adorable - I am sure his perfect name will come to you soon!

Karen, I am in the same boat - we just have one son who moved a couple of hours away to go to college. He plans on being home once a month and so far, has held to that, but it has been about a month since we saw him last. We were going his way last weekend, but he had to work and couldn't trade, so we didn't see him. I sure miss my boy - all of his messes and everything! Quilting has been a great distraction - I am making his room into my sewing room. Still need to paint and organize, but I like it - lots of windows. I want to make him a tshirt quilt - maybe it should be his Christmas present?

Miss Sheri
October 20th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Good evening friends,
I have been a little surprised to see how many of you have native american blood in your veins, me too. I am a registered member of the Chinook Indian Nation, but you can't see any more of that in my features than you can the French Canadian, Italian, Dutch, Irish, English, Norwegian, Scottish, or German. That is just on MY side of the family!

K. McEuen
October 20th, 2013, 01:51 AM

My sister's was named Pablo (registered as Pablo Picasso), his mother's name was Frida ( as in the artist Frida Kahlo). It was pretty funny, the whole litter was named after Spanish or Mexican artists.

I agree with you on Bilbo probably ending up coming out wrong. I had a friend whose dog was named Elsie (or so I thought), turns out he was calling her by her initials, L.C. because he refused to call her outloud by the name his wife and daughters had given her. Lamb Chop.

K. McEuen
October 20th, 2013, 01:54 AM
My open mike submission - don't ya just love it when you are clipping apart chained pieced blocks that you go ahead and clip right in to the middle of a block? No way to fix that one. Just really grateful I ended up having some extra fabric.

Kelly F
October 20th, 2013, 01:55 AM
He could be Gandalf the Black? :icon_giggle: I'm no good with names, but he certainly is cute!!

Ya! Gandalf.. Lol!

Hulamoon
October 20th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Pretty Dee. I wish I had a city here. It's so country.

Lol at Bilbo/ Dildo. I can see a huge problem there. My neighbor named her dog Shadrach. It's too complicated to explain..

How about Higgins? He looks like a Higgins:)

Kelly F
October 20th, 2013, 02:01 AM
My sister's was named Pablo (registered as Pablo Picasso), his mother's name was Frida ( as in the artist Frida Kahlo). It was pretty funny, the whole litter was named after Spanish or Mexican artists.

I agree with you on Bilbo probably ending up coming out wrong. I had a friend whose dog was named Elsie (or so I thought), turns out he was calling her by her initials, L.C. because he refused to call her outloud by the name his wife and daughters had given her. Lamb Chop.

Hahahaha. When I met my husband's Uncle's dog, "Winnie".. I called her a HER for years. Turns out Winnie is short for Winston! Oops!

Kelly F
October 20th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Pretty Dee. I wish I had a city here. It's so country.

Lol at Bilbo/ Dildo. I can see a huge problem there. My neighbor named her dog Shadrach. It's too complicated to explain..

How about Higgins? He looks like a Higgins:)

Higgins is cute. Makes me think of my fave quarterback, Robert Griffin.. Maybe I could call him Griffin. But then that seems to foo foo for me. I have Rosie the pug, Ralphie the kitty, Mikey the kitty.. Decisions decisions!

K. McEuen
October 20th, 2013, 02:08 AM
My aunt and uncle had 2 pugs when I was a kid. Rosie and Jiggs. The name Jiggs confused me, still does because I have no clue what it means or where it comes from, plus our neighbors husband's name was Jiggs too.

pcbatiks
October 20th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Kelly........your little puppy is adorable!

Kelly F
October 20th, 2013, 02:14 AM
My aunt and uncle had 2 pugs when I was a kid. Rosie and Jiggs. The name Jiggs confused me, still does because I have no clue what it means or where it comes from, plus our neighbors husband's name was Jiggs too.

The new puppy's Mom's name is Rosie.. Popular name for pugs! Jigs makes me think of jigsaws or woodworking jigs. I can see that.. But not for my baby...

Judy, USMC
October 20th, 2013, 02:14 AM
First - the puppy is a very handsome fella!
Second - St John's is gorgeous. It just amazes me that there is )what appears to be) a church and some outbuildings that look very large and out of proportion.

My heritage? Polish & Ukranian. The 2 countries share a common border.
My 4 grandparents came from 2 villages only 40 miles apart.
Dad's mother and my mom's father came from the same village in Ukraine.
Mom's mother and dad's father came from the same village in Poland.
Supposedly my Dad's father came to America first ... then the other 3 came over on the same boat.
Us younger grandchildren (on both sides of the family) always wondered if there was a "swap."

Kelly F
October 20th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Kelly........your little puppy is adorable!

Thank you Pam!

MayinJerset
October 20th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Kelly, Adorable puppy even if he doesn't have a name yet. How about Smokey? Or to follow the artist names, Diego - Frieda's DH.

No big problem about my heritage, father's parents Italians born in Brooklyn, NY, mother's parents Italians born in Italy and emigrated to Brooklyn, NY - both sides from Naples so in Brooklyn we were called Neapolitans or Napledons. Don't get me started on the prejudices between Italians from different parts of Italy and those born there or here.

Lisa fully understand about your father being mistreated by his MIL because he wasn't Italian. My parents didn't mistreat my DH but they weren't too thrilled that he wasn't Italian. They had to concede that he was a good DH even if he wasn't Italian - his father's parents born in Ireland and his mother's parents born in Lithuania. Grandma Eva, DH's grandmother from Lithuania was widowed and later married Mr. Fitzpatrick. Guess he wasn't loved by Grandma Eva's children because that is what they called him.

My FIL's father emigrated from Ireland to Canada so there are a lot of Sisks up there. FIL's mother, Catherine, came directly to Brooklyn. Story is that the sheep farm was left to the oldest son and the rest of the siblings came to US. Catherine went back to Ireland to have one of her sons and my FIL and his other American born brothers called that brother The Foreigner. They loved that brother so it was a friendly nickname.

As the oldest in my family and first married I thought my younger siblings would marry whoever they wanted and heritage wouldn't matter much but all married Italians except one brother whose wife was from Columbian and his later SO was from Peru.

Have to copy this posting and send to my DGD Mary as she has been asking me questions about family background. She is engaged to a young man who was born in Portugal and whose family emigrated to CA.

Hulamoon
October 20th, 2013, 02:21 AM
How about Dinozzo from NCIS. He cracks me up!

Sew Perfect
October 20th, 2013, 02:35 AM
Good evening fellow nightowls. My DH gave me good medicine today. We went to lunch, the book store and Hobby Lobby where I bought yarn and crochet hooks. When we got home, , I crocheted for the first time and made my very first slipper. I just placed Iit on DH's foot while he sleeps on the sofa.

Time for bed. I've yet to sleep since yesterday morning. Right now, my idea of a good time is a coma. Hoohoo...have a hoot of a night. Thank you for being my forum friends and sleep well.

VickiJ
October 20th, 2013, 02:41 AM
What in the world am I still doing up at this hour? LOL Well since I got a late start on my sewing today I just now managed to finish my second pillow case for the Cyber Elves. I have two more cut, matched up and ready to sew tomorrow...well, I guess I mean, later today, but I was getting sleepy so I thought I'd pack it in for the day.

Then somehow I got a second wind and decided to check out what's going on around here. :) Now I find my wind is fading...should probably go to bed now. But if that adorable little puppy was mine, I would name him "Bosco". Because he/she reminds me of chocolate.

Musical_Starling
October 20th, 2013, 03:04 AM
First - the puppy is a very handsome fella!
Second - St John's is gorgeous. It just amazes me that there is )what appears to be) a church and some outbuildings that look very large and out of proportion.

Yep, that just about describes it! lol The big church with the two towers is The Basilica (Catholic), then the funny shaped building to the left with the big windows and the odd shapes is The Rooms, a museum. Just to the left of The Rooms you can see the green top of another tower, that's another church (Anglican). And everything is a little mis-matched and even odd, but very colourful! Here are some of the houses that fill the downtown, often referred to as "Jelly Bean Row" for reasons I'm sure you will understand:

toggpine
October 20th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Well, my list of things to get done today did not all happen. I'd really like to turn in my "lady parts" that I am no longer in need of. They are starting to really hamper my effectiveness for more days that I'm willing to give up. So, my guess is that list might take a bit longer than the weekend to get through.

No sewing tonight. I did get the last of the most recent fabric installment folded. I had to go to JoAnn to get some specific interfacing for a project. I took a gander at the fabric, and I was like a kid who had eaten too much candy, nothing looked good and I couldn't begin to imagine where I would put one more piece!

I'm grabbing my flax heating pad & going to turn in for the night. I'll see you all on the bright side!

cyndiofthevortex
October 20th, 2013, 04:35 AM
I have nothing much of interest to add to Open Mic tonight, so I will tell a little story.

At DH's company Christmas party I spoke to one of his fellow employees named Bill. We had a nice conversation about raising little kids, all their toys and trying to have a peaceful meal with them, all kinds of kid-related things as he had six kids at the time and I had 7.

A week later I ran into Bill. He asked me, "So, have you tried that little bedroom trick I told you about?"

I was mortified. I wracked my brain trying to remember the conversation. I had only had one drink that night, but since I don't usually drink alcohol it did go to my brain pretty quickly. Did I have a "dirty" conversation with this stranger? I prayed for help right then and there! What in the world could he be talking about?

"You know," he said, "when you walk into your child's dark room to kiss them goodnight, shuffle your feet so you don't hurt yourself stepping on any legos!"

goofyizzy
October 20th, 2013, 04:52 AM
I guess I haven't officially joined the night owls, though I am one.

What's on my mind is kinda stupid. I work at a mall. We're going to be handing out candy to the kids on halloween. I am kinda dreading having to deal with the parents who are going to ask for candy for themselves, and the parents who will use their babies (not old enought to walk or talk yet) to get candy for themselves. Don't these selfish people realize that the candy is meant for the children and every piece of candy I give to a greedy parent is one less piece for a child?

Okay, I've said my two cents.

HdWench
October 20th, 2013, 09:32 AM
:icon_wave: Hi NightOwls and all... Been sewing and pressing and it's 5:15 am... time flies too fast!

We are all from God and family.

I was brought up that there aren't any differences, so I don't think about it much. hmm My 1st husband and his family were Italians that could be why he's my X now? My dad decided when he was about 70-73 years old to began chasing his family tree down. My grandmother (mom's mom) already did their side back to the Mayflower and into Germany - Guess my dad's side comes from Scottish/Irish - BUT 2 of 4 have this bump that goes across the top inside our mouths. Saw an American Indian Dentist who told me I'm part American Indian. Oh really? Got to think of who was in who's wood shed and why only 2 of the 4 of us??

Kelly while I adore my cats, that puppy sure is the Cutest and no bilbo no noooo hahaha Can't help with a name except cutie patoutie!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone, hope you can find a moment to sit back and enjoy the quiet then grab some sewing

Debbie

HandsOffItsMine
October 20th, 2013, 10:16 AM
I'm cheating 'cause I'm adding this in the morning. hehe

Kathy, love, love your puppy. Can't wait to add our baby next year when we move to a pet friendly place. Higgins so far is my favorite if we're going for a classy, bow tie look, Dinozo if we're going handsome yet funny! :D

My dad is 100% Dutch, have his ancestry chain back to 1684 - he officially broke the white blood chain by marrying my mother who is Dutch, Indonesian, French and Scottish. Now my dad's side were sea merchants with second/third residencies in Cape Town, SA, Aruba, Suriname, Nirobia, India. I'm sure we have ancestors of black and Asian (Indian) with Hagers bloodline, just not in the official family bibles. You know what I mean, the native girls start to look really good after being a way from home. lol

Now our Katarina Alena...Don is Prussian, German and Romanian. Zander gets Peruvian and Ecuadorian added to that mix. Oliver and Penny are ok...Matt's from German decent, already have that in the mix. lol Heinz 57.

When Kat was in pre-school and they had Multi-Cultural Day and was pressed for a color, she looked down, paused and said she was "Beige". It really doesn't matter as long as we raise our kids to be colorblind and love people for what's in their heart and their actions in life...

Vonnie
October 20th, 2013, 11:04 AM
:icon_wave: Hi NightOwls and all... Been sewing and pressing and it's 5:15 am... time flies too fast!

We are all from God and family.

I was brought up that there aren't any differences, so I don't think about it much. hmm My 1st husband and his family were Italians that could be why he's my X now? My dad decided when he was about 70-73 years old to began chasing his family tree down. My grandmother (mom's mom) already did their side back to the Mayflower and into Germany - Guess my dad's side comes from Scottish/Irish - BUT 2 of 4 have this bump that goes across the top inside our mouths. Saw an American Indian Dentist who told me I'm part American Indian. Oh really? Got to think of who was in who's wood shed and why only 2 of the 4 of us??

Kelly while I adore my cats, that puppy sure is the Cutest and no bilbo no noooo hahaha Can't help with a name except cutie patoutie!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone, hope you can find a moment to sit back and enjoy the quiet then grab some sewing

Debbie

Hi Debbie - could you explain the bump thing? If i'm thinking it might be like mine and I thought everyone had it. Although, I have never gone around looking at the inside of people's mouths before! LOL Also heard something about the shape of the incisor being shovel like is an indication of native american blood.

My Dad was Irish and Cherokee. My Mom was German American. A cute story. My Dad was in Germany during WWII. He was very handsome and the German women chased him like crazy. When he came back to the US, he swore he did not want anything to do with Germans ever again. Well, never say "Never!" It was a few years after my parents were married that my Dad started researching the family tree. My Mom's maiden name is not readily apparent that it's German especially when spoken with a hillbilly accent! LOL Not only that but all his kids spouses were of German descent.

That puppy is so cute - why not have a naming contest?

Iris Girl
October 20th, 2013, 12:25 PM
my mothers mother was Dutch, my mothers father was Scotch , Irish, English. My mom was a single parent and all I was told of my father is that he was Italian. So that is my mix.
Hubbys grandmother was pure German she came over when she was 13, his grandfather was French and we don't know what else. His family is/was weird they never speak of nationalities what the kids did when young or diseases they may have had, or even shots , smallpox, chicken pox measles etc. His father was Dutch and we don't know what else.
So that makes my kids quite a bit dutch from 2 sides, scotch, irish, english , italian, german and french.

My side can be traced to the mayflower but I don't hold that info a cousin did all that.
we just call ourselves american mutts.

Hulamoon
October 20th, 2013, 03:29 PM
I hade a census worker come to the house for the survey one year. If you never did one you fill it out for each person in the house. There is so space for Japanese/ Chinese/ Scottish/ Norwegian for the kids. So long story short since I am the Caucasian mother it trumped him. So even though they look more Asian they are considered Caucasian to the government.

I got a little angry at her and didn't want to fill it out and she said you have too. Is it a law you have to fill these things out?

Renate
October 20th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Both parents from Bavaria, 4 Bavarian grandparents, 7 Bavarian grand-grandparents and 1 Swiss grand-grandmother. I honore her by living in her heritage country.

To our pets:
One of my DD's cats, actual staying with us, is named Oachkatzlschwoaf, yes, try to say this word laud and without laughing. Tell me, if You were successful

Doloris
October 20th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Renate I couldn't even read that name without laughing out loud.

Kelly F
October 20th, 2013, 08:29 PM
I have nothing much of interest to add to Open Mic tonight, so I will tell a little story.

At DH's company Christmas party I spoke to one of his fellow employees named Bill. We had a nice conversation about raising little kids, all their toys and trying to have a peaceful meal with them, all kinds of kid-related things as he had six kids at the time and I had 7.

A week later I ran into Bill. He asked me, "So, have you tried that little bedroom trick I told you about?"

I was mortified. I wracked my brain trying to remember the conversation. I had only had one drink that night, but since I don't usually drink alcohol it did go to my brain pretty quickly. Did I have a "dirty" conversation with this stranger? I prayed for help right then and there! What in the world could he be talking about?

"You know," he said, "when you walk into your child's dark room to kiss them goodnight, shuffle your feet so you don't hurt yourself stepping on any legos!"

Hahahahahaha !!!

Kelly F
October 20th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Both parents from Bavaria, 4 Bavarian grandparents, 7 Bavarian grand-grandparents and 1 Swiss grand-grandmother. I honore her by living in her heritage country.

To our pets:
One of my DD's cats, actual staying with us, is named Oachkatzlschwoaf, yes, try to say this word laud and without laughing. Tell me, if You were successful

Hahaha showed the name to hubby and he kept saying it over and over in slow motion. I bet we do not ave the right pronunciation.. And we are laughing at our faces trying to say it. :D