PDA

View Full Version : Klasien and Blonde have my total respect!!!! **Warning Cat Photo's**

HdWench
October 19th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Klasien and Blondie, you both are Amazing woman AND have to be the Best Hairdressers on the Planet!!!

I bow to your knowledge and should KNOW better than to "try" to cut one of my cat's hair *sigh*

This summer as she slowly is declining with Dementia, she has forgotten to clean herself more and more - Which lead to some incredible mats. We've tried brushing, snipping carefully with scissors but after we got home I thought *I* could do better -- Well I will pay Professionals like I pay for my OWN hair, because unlike you too lovely ladies I do NOT have the hair cutting genes in me as witnessed below

Forgive me Bonnie!!!!

What she looked like Before I hacked the crap out of her hair

K. McEuen
October 19th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Haha, it happens. When I was a kid we had a long hair white cat that got so matted one summer that we pretty much had to shave him once we got the mats cut away. He looked like a white lion, had his mane and a tail puff. Then we had to keep him inside during the day so he didn't get sunburned.

kensington
October 19th, 2013, 09:18 PM
I saw something like that once when I was a kid, they called it mange. LOL.

bakermom
October 19th, 2013, 09:29 PM
My kids raised long-haired rabbits. They had to be groomed regularly. then in the spring they would molt and if we didn't stay ahead it would mat like mad. we had to cut away matted fur every spring. not a pretty picture

Lisapc
October 19th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Debbie: You did this out of love. Did I ever tell you about the time that twice in 3 weeks I set my Blaze on fire?

HdWench
October 19th, 2013, 09:34 PM
:lol: I keep saying she is an indoor cat only and it's just hair and will grow back... it is SO choppy looking but there are NO mats left!

hehehe Karen a long haired white cat and sunburns!!

oh BakersMom I bet the same goes for long-haired rabbits!! yeah I can imagine that picture too

uh oh Lisa - you set Blaze on fire???? Now this is a story we got to hear :-)

Debbie

Hulamoon
October 19th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Oh poor thing. I have a male tabby and he was losing his hair. The vet gave him some meds (shots) and flea medication. It took months for his hair to grow back. But now he is really FAT!

HdWench
October 19th, 2013, 09:46 PM
oh Hula yes my dying kitten rescue "Sandia aka Sandy" baby had manage (only 1 of the many things wrong with her) and I've photo's that stun people from how she looked then, to the Beautiful girl now!! After those shots and the fur coming back in, I believe the manage kept the undercoat from growing?? She is about the only cat that doesn't shed, but has beautiful fur -- maybe that is a good/bad?? ((((Hula))) Fat cats are happy ones

Debbie

Lisapc
October 19th, 2013, 09:48 PM
My Granddaughter was about 2 1/2 and sick as a dog with a high fever laying on the couch.

So cute even with a fever.

Anyway she was eating a Popsicle and I let Blaze out and it was snowing. It was snowing heavy and when I let him back in he went right next to Kora and sat down. That is where he had spent the morning because she was sick. All of a sudden I smelled something burning and ran into the kitchen and all over the place looking for the fire that I could smell but didn't see any smoke. I was in the dining room reaching for the phone to call 911 and Lil' Miss Kora Mae said, "Grammy, Blaze Boo Boo." I turned around and he had a 4 x 6 spot that was black and smoldering. He had been sitting right next to the new space heater. Kora saved him.

3 weeks later my son was sick and the same thing happened. Except that I ran straight to him when I smelled something. The heater went right out into the snowbank and never came back in. Alaskan Malamutes are so well insulated that he didn't feel the heat and wouldn't have until it reached his skin. We worried for weeks after the singed fur came out that it wouldn't grow back but it did!

mom4him
October 19th, 2013, 09:56 PM
I laughed and laughed AND laughed. I have trimmed my littlest dog a couple of times and well, after 2 hrs of painful snipping and him finally telling me ENOUGH! I decided the $20 I pay to get him clipped is really cheap. LOLOLOL

Hulamoon
October 19th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Yes, my fat cat is happy. He won't leave my feet alone! And the other one won't stop pawing me. lol

When my mom had her Yorkie's she took one in for grooming and the lady cut the tip of the tongue off! How the heck do you do that!

easyquilts
October 19th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Twenty dollars IS cheap... Lucky you. We used to have long haired dogs.... The hair was a problem.... I did done ugly trimming, believe me.

We now have two smooth haired Chihuahuas... I throw them into the sink and they are DONE. No more long haired dogs for ne.

HdWench
October 19th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Yes, my fat cat is happy. He won't leave my feet alone! And the other one won't stop pawing me. lol

When my mom had her Yorkie's she took one in for grooming and the lady cut the tip of the tongue off! How the heck do you do that!

:icon_angry: ohhhh that is horrible!! Maybe as she was snipping the dog was flapping it's tounge out but I never heard of them doing this!!!! Bonnie went to the Groomers I''m sure with her previous mom for 10 years -- As she Loves it!! I've taken her to Pro's the past 7, but whatever made me think *I* could do it -- Got the pro tools, but a PRO I'm not...

Right, better to pay someone who knows what they are doing (except the one who cuts dogs tongue tips off!! ohmyGod)

That is so sad, they don't grow back do they? Can they bark afterwards?? argh I would be beyond Crazy mountain lady or Come to Jesus meeting going off! Poor baby

K. McEuen
October 19th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Okay, the dog/tongue thing does happen. My sister is a dog groomer. She has a long-time customer that has a cocker spaniel. One of the first times she was grooming the dog she nicked it's tongue with the scissors as she was trimming the dog's front leg. She rushed it to the vet, he took a couple stitches, all was good. When they came to get their dog my sister was trying to explain what happened. The owners started laughing and said "He was trying to lick you, wasn't he?" It seems that the dog was always trying to lick anyone and anything that got close to it. My sister was mortified, the owners thought it was hilarious and were hoping that the dog learned a lesson that day. It didn't, he still was a crazy licking dog.

Sandy Navas
October 19th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Oh, Deb, it's okay. Bonnie will forever love you because those mats can be so painful. We have two long-haired outdoor cats (who refuse to even come inside . . . least all the indoor cat peeps bombard me), and they get clipped close in the spring and right before fall. I can tell they appreciate it!!!! No amount of brushing can keep them out of the woods and the resulting sticktites!

Genny
October 20th, 2013, 02:53 AM
A few years ago I was talking to one of my neighbors and her cat came around from the side of the house and I thought...OMG what happened to that cat. My neighbor said she'd decided her cat needed a hair cut and had used some kind of hair trimmers on it. Well she'd just got done with one side of the cat when the cat had enough of it and took off. That poor cat looked pretty funny for quite a while...:lol:

Kelly F
October 20th, 2013, 03:01 AM
​I bet she loved the attention from her Mommy!

dwil23
October 20th, 2013, 03:07 AM
But she is still beautiful!

Klasien
October 20th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Ohhhhh, she is still a pretty cat!

Thanks for the compliment, Blondie and I are very happy with that :)

But, I am a hairdresser and not a animal groomer.....my mom thought that I could groom our dog, years ago, we had an Irisch Setter, his hair was very long and needed trimming. He was a beautiful tall dog, and I did my best, after a couple of haircuts I thought about a different type of scissors, and it worked great. I was able to make him look as beautiful as can be after that, cut his hair on his feet every other week and it worked wonderful, so I hope it will work for you as well!
SO here is my tip to you all.......use this kind of scissors and pick up a small piece of hair and make small snips at the same place......as fast or slow as you can, but keep doing it. This way there are no straight cuts, and that is what you want, soft cuts..... Do I make sence?
If not.......see a animal groomer LOL

This is the pair of scissors I mean and use all the time on human hair, but I had a spare pair for our dog.

Mchelem
October 20th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Ohhhhh, she is still a pretty cat!

Thanks for the compliment, Blondie and I are very happy with that :)

But, I am a hairdresser and not a animal groomer.....my mom thought that I could groom our dog, years ago, we had an Irisch Setter, his hair was very long and needed trimming. He was a beautiful tall dog, and I did my best, after a couple of haircuts I thought about a different type of scissors, and it worked great. I was able to make him look as beautiful as can be after that, cut his hair on his feet every other week and it worked wonderful, so I hope it will work for you as well!
SO here is my tip to you all.......use this kind of scissors and pick up a small piece of hair and make small snips at the same place......as fast or slow as you can, but keep doing it. This way there are no straight cuts, and that is what you want, soft cuts..... Do I make sence?
If not.......see a animal groomer LOL

This is the pair of scissors I mean and use all the time on human hair, but I had a spare pair for our dog.

We call those thinning shears.

I have dog grooming clippers but my smallest one, Westley, won't let me touch his legs or paws, so I have the mobile groomer come every 4-6 weeks and groom him for me. He has a cottony coat so he tangles and mats easy. And he's not fond of brushing.

HdWench
October 20th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Thank you!! Softer cuts would look so much better time to invest in those Thinning Shears :icon_hug: