PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Sales

nyscpa2be
October 19th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Yes, I am aware that some people are not ready to discuss Christmas sales yet. But black friday is just 40 days away. I know that JoAnns, Michaels, and AC Moore normally have good to great deals, with some of those being for quilters. However, this being my first year as a quilter, and being a fanatic about Black Friday sales, I was wondering where else sales will be, mostly online. So, can we each post when we see good deals for the weekend or Cyber Monday, since it is almost impossible to keep tabs on every online quilt shop?

Miss Sheri
October 19th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Amy, that sounds like a really good idea. I used to go to the local Black Friday sales, but rarely do anymore. But I forgot that they also have them online.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 19th, 2013, 11:31 AM
They should have Black Friday for quilters in June. The day after Thanksgiving is way too late to purchase quilt supplies unless it is for the next year!

buckeyequilter
October 19th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I don't do Black Friday sales.....but I sure do love 4 days off work :). For all of you that go shopping that day...stay safe, have fun and I hope you get the bargains you want.

K. McEuen
October 19th, 2013, 01:27 PM
You know, I saw the title of this thread and thought "Jeez Amy, you're kinda early, aren't you?" Then as it was opening I thought "It's closer than you think it is."

The only brick and mortar store I've gone to on Black Friday for the past several years has been Joann Fabrics. I go in, buy an entire 40 yard roll of Warm and White batting and leave. I didn't even have to do that last year because I got one the year before and when I bought it I still had a half a roll from a previous year.

Offhand I can't remember any specific online fabric shops that had Black Friday sales. I think fabric.com probably had something going, but it must not have been exciting enough for me to remember it being much different than any of it's other sales.

toggpine
October 19th, 2013, 01:32 PM
I used to drag my step-son with me. I'd have him pull a number for the cut counter while I was loading up on flannel or fleece. (He would get to pick his own for his new PJ bottoms.) Then I'd have him stand in the check out line while my stuff was being cut. It worked out well, and he got a nice lunch out of it. We'd also hit the other stores if he had something he wanted to knock off of his Christmas list.

Trying to get supplies for a quilt on that day is crazy, but it is a good day to stock up on the depleted supplies. I am not sure that you can get batting any cheaper than that day.

Lisapc
October 19th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I have a LQS that does a big BF sale and it is mostly pre-cuts. I will decide the night before when I get there email if I need to go. I will check out Joann's online only as well on that Friday. Other than that I am hoarding my fabric money to let loose in January. I find a lot of sites really do great sales after Christmas and want to buy with abandon!