PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

Lady T
October 18th, 2013, 08:33 PM
My granddaughter, Theresa Ann gave birth today to a baby girl, Sophie Annamarie. 3 lbs 15oz.
My first great grandchild.

She was born with Gastroschisis, a birth defect in which an infant's intestines stick out of the body through a defect on one side of the umbilical cord.

The doctors were able to replace all of the bowel back inside, only requiring one surgery; however some of the bowel was damaged. Although it was damaged, the doctors placed it inside hoping the bowel will repair itself.
She will require another surgery in appoximately 2 months in which they will check to see if the bowel healed itself. If it has not, Sophie will a need to be transported to Pittsburgh, PA for a transplant.

Without the transplant she will not survive.

Prayers that the bowel will heal itself and that a transplant is not required.
Your prayers are appreciated and greatly needed.

kensington
October 18th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Be encouraged, it's a miracle they can to any of those things at all. I'm amazed at what dr's can do today with newborns and even babies not yet born.

God bless her. May he send a complete healing and cause her to thrive and do well. That she may have a long and happy life.

Lady T
October 18th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Be encouraged, it's a miracle they can to any of those things at all. I'm amazed at what dr's can do today with newborns and even babies not yet born.

God bless her. May he send a complete healing and cause her to thrive and do well. That she may have a long and happy life.

THANK YOU.

MRoy
October 18th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Praying for this precious child's healing.

Lady T
October 18th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Praying for this precious child's healing.

Thank you Myrna

K. McEuen
October 18th, 2013, 09:02 PM
She's a tiny little thing. Prayers for healing and extra strength for her and her parents.

ilive2craft2
October 18th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Praying for her and all of your family.

Sandy Navas
October 18th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Oh, knowing how difficult this is for everyone involved - prayers being lifted from the heart. May God heal her and soon!!

Grandma G
October 18th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Sophie and all your family are in my prayers. It is such a difficult thing to watch such a precious little one go through this. Kensington is right - there is so much they can do today that they couldn't do just a handful of years ago.

Stay strong and know the forum prayer warriors have you in their prayers.

God bless.

stitching woman
October 18th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Sophie prayers for you and your family and may God hope that sweet baby in his healing arms.

Shirley
October 18th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Bless her heart. Prayers to all of you .

HandsOffItsMine
October 18th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Prayers and healing light are heading towards little Sophie. Prayers as well for her parents and the family to have the extra strength to be there for her and each other.

Huggers, Ruby

Quilted Fantasies
So sad to hear of babies in such need. Know that there are prayers coming from all directions.

Genny
Hugs and prayers to you, your family and especially for beautiful little Sophie. Genny

Miss Sheri
October 18th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Oh, my heart aches for sweet little Sophie and her family. My nephew was born a tiny preemie 25 years ago, and I was amazed at all they could do for him back then, the knowledge and special equipment they have NOW is so much more. My prayers go up right now for your family and especially Sophie. (((((((LadyT))))))

cyndiofthevortex
October 18th, 2013, 11:25 PM
That is such a precious little girl. I will pray for her. Please keep us updated.

PeggyM
October 18th, 2013, 11:28 PM
PRAYERS coming her way.

Lisapc
October 19th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Children should not be sick like this. That beautiful baby and her family is now in my prayers.

BellasQuilts
October 19th, 2013, 12:01 AM
prayers of healing light going out now. Keep us posted on her progress.

toggpine
October 19th, 2013, 12:07 AM
That is a scary place to be. Trust in your faith and in the doctors. Prayers for her are on their way.

Lady T
October 19th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Thank you all so much. I know Dr's can do amazing things nowadays. I just pray that the Best Healer there is will touch her and heal her that a transplant will not be necessary. I truly appreciate everyone's kind words and all your prayers!!

easyquilts
October 19th, 2013, 01:04 AM
I'm so sorry to hear if this... I will be praying for the healing if that previous little one's bowel, for her family, and for the dctor's and other caregivers who will look after her... Please keep us updated..

lilmouse
October 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Praying here...my grandson was born with his bladder outside the body and his privates inside...had immediate surgery and now is 7 years old....still needs additional surgery but he is here and that is what counts...so you most definitely have my prayers and hugs for all involved!

MayinJerset
October 19th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Welcome Sophie Annamarie, we are so sad you are having such problems but we are praying your doctors fix your problems.

Congrats to Great Grandma Sophie, Well to the Great Grandma Club.

Suzette
October 19th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Miracles happen every day! My thoughts and prayers are with precious little Sophie and your whole family!

aqua-teal71
October 19th, 2013, 06:28 PM
prayers for fast and safe healing.

SallyO'Sews
October 21st, 2013, 12:44 PM
Praying for you and yours. May God bless this precious baby to be healed quickly and without further trauma, and may you all to be a strong support system for your great-granddaughter and her parents!
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

grammakim04
October 21st, 2013, 03:09 PM
Saying prayers for your precious little angel.