PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to have to dye my hair...blonde

Quilted Fantasies
October 18th, 2013, 04:36 PM
OK, I know the blonde jokes are like lawyer jokes...funny to everyone except the blondes...

So maybe I should say I had a "senior moment" yesterday.

Yesterday I went to see my parents, about an hour drive. I had to stop and get gas and go to the bank first. I went to a nearby 7-11 that I have never stopped at before. I opened the gas door on my car and put my credit card in the pump, and it asked for my zip code. No problem except I couldn't find the keypad. The screen was blank. I looked all over the pump and didn't see another keypad, so I figured something was wrong...While I was looking at the pump my transaction was cancelled. The screen then said "Insert your credit card or lift handle to pay inside." I thought that was odd, since usually you have to pay first if you don't use your credit card. But obviously this was a very strange pump so I tried lifting the handle...nothing happened. I went in the 7-11 (fortunately no one was there but the clerk), and said, "Is something wrong with pump # 5? " She said no, so I told her about my issues. She said the keypad was right beside the credit card slot and you have to pay first to pay with cash. I was getting a coke anyway so I asked her if I could just pay for my coke and gas with the credit card inside. She said yes so I did. (Truth be told I wasn't going to take another chance on not being able to find the keypad.)

So after taking care of everything, I went to the bank, just across the street. As I was sitting at the drive-through a man rolled down his window and told me I had forgotten to put the cap back on my gas tank. I smiled and thanked him and then I realized I had not only forgotten to put the cap back on, I had forgotten to put gas in the tank. Omigosh. I could see the Satanic pump laughing at me from the drive-through. I sweated it out hoping someone would not take my gas. The teller couldn't have been slower taking care of my deposit. I was in luck; I was able to get to the evil pump and put my gas in, and the cap back on, and the door closed before someone drove up to the pump. Can you imagine me trying to explain to the next person? "Excuse me, but you'll have to move your car. I paid for gas but drove off before getting it."

I will never go to that 7-11 again.

I told my tale of woe to the lunch table at the retirement home where my parents live. The guy sitting with us cracked up laughing. My mom told me later she had never seen him crack a smile before. I guess it was worth it to make someone laugh. I bet some of you are.:lol:

Gayle8675309
October 18th, 2013, 04:41 PM
LOL...I have moments like that too...more often these days.

I wouldn't go back to that station either! :)

bubba
October 18th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I may have wet myself.....

Years ago, I took at call at work (I work at 911) from an attorney who needed to report his car stolen. He said it had been stolen out of his office parking lot. Now, it was a hot busy summer day and he decided to wait on the porch of his office for an officer to arrive. After about an hour, he called back wanting to cancel. He forgot when he went to lunch that day, he stopped at the bank on the way back to his office. The bank was across the street. He had parked behind the bank, walked in the back door and then out of habit, walked out the front and crossed the street back to his office! It wasn't until he had been sitting there waiting that he glanced over and saw it still sitting there. We both had a good giggle over that one!

pcbatiks
October 18th, 2013, 06:33 PM
We aren't laughing at you we are laughing with you......because we have all done something like that before! That 7-11 would never see me again! :D

Sandy Navas
October 18th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Oh, how many times have we all done something like that?

My boss one time reported his car stolen when he had actually walked to work that day.

I'd have to dig deep to see if I've ever done anything like that . . . NOT!!
http://www.toddmckimmey.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/teehee_8x10.jpg (http://www.toddmckimmey.com/?m=200910)

Precious1
October 18th, 2013, 06:50 PM
It's the norm for me and I don't know who or what to blame it on. I just turned 42 on the 10th. Lol. Oh boy, the things I've forgotten. Sad to admit, I've even forgotten to pick my kids up from school. The look on there face when I pulled up an hour later. They would just look at me and say, "you forgot, didn't you?" Boy, did I have to pay for my sins with fast food. Thank God they knew there mom and knew it was not neglectful or malicious.

I think the funniest is when I'm looking for my glasses and I have them on.

TeresaJean
October 18th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks for sharing! I am laughing.... and it has been a difficult day, so I thank you !

Hulamoon
October 18th, 2013, 07:03 PM
lol that was a fun story. I lose my car all the time. Now I make eye contact with the store, lol, and a mental note that I repeat over and over. lol

easyquilts
October 18th, 2013, 07:23 PM
I actually laughed out loud, when you wrote that you had forgotten to actually get your gad... That was funny! I hate looking for keypads, places to insert cash, places to get your change....all while the world looks on with a grin....

My sister once gave a long order at Mc Donald's to what priced to be one of those curved trash cans.... We've never let her forget it, either.

Bubby
October 18th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Don't worry...there are places I can't go anymore either!! Most recently one of our auto parts stores...long story and I won't bore you with it. That being said, it's all just a part of life. Go with the flow...its all good!! Hugs!!

Genny
October 18th, 2013, 10:58 PM
OK, I know the blonde jokes are like lawyer jokes...funny to everyone except the blondes...

So maybe I should say I had a "senior moment" yesterday.

Yesterday I went to see my parents, about an hour drive. I had to stop and get gas and go to the bank first. I went to a nearby 7-11 that I have never stopped at before. I opened the gas door on my car and put my credit card in the pump, and it asked for my zip code. No problem except I couldn't find the keypad. The screen was blank. I looked all over the pump and didn't see another keypad, so I figured something was wrong...While I was looking at the pump my transaction was cancelled. The screen then said "Insert your credit card or lift handle to pay inside." I thought that was odd, since usually you have to pay first if you don't use your credit card. But obviously this was a very strange pump so I tried lifting the handle...nothing happened. I went in the 7-11 (fortunately no one was there but the clerk), and said, "Is something wrong with pump # 5? " She said no, so I told her about my issues. She said the keypad was right beside the credit card slot and you have to pay first to pay with cash. I was getting a coke anyway so I asked her if I could just pay for my coke and gas with the credit card inside. She said yes so I did. (Truth be told I wasn't going to take another chance on not being able to find the keypad.)

So after taking care of everything, I went to the bank, just across the street. As I was sitting at the drive-through a man rolled down his window and told me I had forgotten to put the cap back on my gas tank. I smiled and thanked him and then I realized I had not only forgotten to put the cap back on, I had forgotten to put gas in the tank. Omigosh. I could see the Satanic pump laughing at me from the drive-through. I sweated it out hoping someone would not take my gas. The teller couldn't have been slower taking care of my deposit. I was in luck; I was able to get to the evil pump and put my gas in, and the cap back on, and the door closed before someone drove up to the pump. Can you imagine me trying to explain to the next person? "Excuse me, but you'll have to move your car. I paid for gas but drove off before getting it."

I will never go to that 7-11 again.

I told my tale of woe to the lunch table at the retirement home where my parents live. The guy sitting with us cracked up laughing. My mom told me later she had never seen him crack a smile before. I guess it was worth it to make someone laugh. I bet some of you are.:lol:

I'm sorry to admit it ...but I cracked up laughing too. :lol::lol:

Miss Sheri
October 18th, 2013, 11:04 PM
mmmmff, hehe, giggle,hahahahahahahahahahaha! That sound sooo like ME! Thanks for sharing, I truly am giggling here too.

Lisapc
October 19th, 2013, 12:25 AM
I am 43 and have done things like this so many times I just can't pick one to tell you about. I am laughing but with you, not at you.

Mary Ruth
October 19th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Some days are just like that. Sorry, but I did laugh. I really needed to laugh. Thanks for saving my day.

SallyO'Sews
October 21st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Oh, Grace-Ann, thank you so much for your story! I thought I was the only one those sorts of things happen to!! :D

auntiemern
October 21st, 2013, 01:01 PM
That is funny. I did something similar a long time ago. I walked out of our local little home town grocery store one time without paying. All us gals were talking, the cashiers and myself. However the one that checked me out was a new young girl. She didn't realize that I hadn't paid until the next customer and an $80 bill and only had a couple of things. She became hysterical, when she realized what had happened, and saw me pulling out of the parking lot. The other gals were laughing, telling her it was Marilyn, and I would be back to pay. I didn't realize , until I was half way home, and then I wasn't entirely sure. I called the store, they said no I hadn't paid, and I went back down and took care of it. Good thing I knew them and they knew me, and we all knew I was honest and would be back to take care of it.