PDA

View Full Version : Friday is here

Blondie
October 18th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Hello Folksies

I just typed up a nice weekend type of message and it has disappeared. My computer is acting up AGAIN - I keep hoping I will get a nice new computer one day. Sigh. But I have many other things on my list of what is necessary as opposed to wouldn't it be nice things.

Now if you think I can remember everything I just typed before it went into the vortex of the web, you really need to understand my short attention span.

So, in a nutshell I think I said: Happy Friday, have a nice weekend, be nice to everyone you meet - even if you would rather kick them in the shins - and always smile. Hmmm, sometimes kicking someone in the shins could make me smile . . .

If you cannot find a thing to smile at, watch this video. You aren't mirthless. You just need to remember how simple things can be funny.

http://youtu.be/L49VXZwfup8

yoyoing
October 18th, 2013, 07:13 AM
happy friday to you blondie, and everyone yes this made me smile too life is good to blessed to be depressed

aliaslaceygreen
October 18th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Good morning to you too! Too dark still to say it will be sunny! For a change it really is a TGIF for me as I have a three day weekend! Have a great weekend all!

RFREE
October 18th, 2013, 07:32 AM
TGIF!!! Back pain,Neck pain I am so glad this week is about to be over!!!!Yall have a good one!

Monique
October 18th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Good morning. Hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go. I think it is raining out, too dark to see. I did get some quilting done last night.

I have the weekend off and don't go back until Tuesday. NICE!!

Have a great weekend folks.

Bubby
October 18th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Good Morning!

What a wonderful video to watch first thing this morning. Is there any sound more precious than a baby's laugh! Jeff and I watched it twice.

It's Fall chilly today...sweats or flannels are a must. The Girls slept in until 6 am and have been outdoors and had their breakfast already. They seem to like the cooler weather.

I have no plans for today. I fixed a big pot of spaghetti last night, so we may just eat leftovers today.

Wishing everyone a great Friday with hugs.....

Lisapc
October 18th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Happy Friday to all!

I am having breakfast with my friend Michelle, we haven't done that since I don't remember when. It mean rushing around and not starting my day here but I need some face time with a girl. She is always entertaining.

Prayers to all!

Mpyles
October 18th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Good morning...happy Friday!!

Heading out to work soon..dd will be home this evening with a girl friend she has made at school. Apparently this young girl is from Dixon area, and as soon as she enrolled in school her family got transferred to Texas..military. So she doesn't get to "go home" like many of the kids there do. Anyhow..dd is such a kind girl, and really thinks a lot of this girl so she is bringing her home this weekend. They have requested spaghetti and meatballs. I made the meatballs last night and will throw the rest together today. It DH's birthday this Sunday. So I see a pineapple upside down cake in my future.

Blondie thanks for the laugh and the story yesterday from your youth! Funny funny!

Everyone have a great day!!

CrazyMtnLady
October 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Good morning. Blondie, that video sure had me chuckling right along with those precious little ones. Thanks.

Chilly morning, suppose to rain later today and our first heavy frost warning is in the forecast for this weekend. I need to find my winter clothes that are stored somewhere and probably buried under other stored things. Maybe I'll get lucky and DH will be bringing me home lots of his mother's clothes that I can wear. He did say he would be home withing the next 10 days.

I was going to order the DD today but decided to hold off....DH has said I have TONS of sewing stuff coming my way and barrels of fabric.. I can't wait.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

MayinJerset
October 18th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Good Friday Morning to all, Shouldn't have left the window in this room open overnight because I'm cold sitting here at the computer. This room, called our 'office', is in the back of the house so it is cold until the sun reaches the backyard later in the day.

Last night I went though what seemed like a ton of mail, mostly unsolicited catalogs, many appeals for donations from charities that are 'gifting' me with Christmas cards, return addy labels, calendars, tiny pens. Had to find the important stuff that I need like bills. The appeals for donations is really getting out of hand so I keep a record of who, when and what amount I give to the ones that I want to support - as soon as you send them something they send a Thank You letter that includes another request for a donation. I started with just a few groups I wanted to support but they have sold my name and addy to so many others I'm thinking of stopping all donations. I also have enough return addy labels to last me 2 lifetimes and have thrown thousands of them into our recycling box.

Enough crabbing for today, coffee is done so I'm getting some and motivated DH to finish adding a little extension to my sewing desk so I can get back into the room to sew. Need to stop at library to pick up my group's read for this month and drop off packages at PO, Elves pillowcases and Patriotic Christmas stockings will be on there way to the Group's leaders.

shermur
October 18th, 2013, 09:33 AM
TGIF! Morning, ya'll! Gotta get gas in the car, gotta go to work, and pray the day goes fast! Need to house clean tonight, I want to start a new table topper that I finally got to use my mini tumbler template for! There is a dog adoption event Sunday and DH flies out for school in Wisconsin. Lonely for me next week!

Mom23
October 18th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the video Blondie. Watching it was a great way to start my day. My youngest used to laugh like that when we made a duck sound.

It's a crisp, cool, sunny morning as I sit and watch a couple of deer in the side yard. The trees are starting to turn. Life is good.

We have several little things going on this weekend so not much time will be spent behind the sewing machine. Kensington, you will be happy to know, Christmas in October is this Sunday. I will let you know how it goes!!

Have a happy, safe, blessed weekend. As always, my morning and nightly prayers include my forum friends.

Robin

dwil23
October 18th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Good Morning!

I go back to work tonight after having the last two off - bummer! But I am ever so thankful that I have a good job to go to.

May, just a little reminder for you and all who get all those return address labels - hold on to enough of them that you can label everything you send through the mail inside another envelope or package. Example: if you are sending pictures in with your Christmas Cards, stick a label on the back of each, shoot, you can even stick one on the Card itself - especially those expensive ones! (I can't believe some CARDS are now $8 a piece!) That way, if the envelope isn't sealed properly, gets caught in the machinery or for whatever reason becomes separated, we have an address to send it back to you. Same thing goes for presents - label each one individually. It doesn't even hurt to put one attached to the actual item - worst case it ends up in Atlanta Mail Recovery Center, they will open the package, see the address and return it to you.

Speaking of mailing - I finished my stockings for the troops and will finish up a COC top this morning, and then making my first pillowcase. I have had a pretty productive weekend! I made a list and have crossed a number of things off - really feels good.

Well, really must get off of here for now - else I could sit here all day and there would be nothing else crossed off my list.

Have a Blessed day everyone!

MayinJerset
October 18th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Donna, Thanks for the hint about using return addy labels on almost everything. I've use them for a few items but you opened my eyes to new ways, back of photos is one. Never know when mail will get damaged, a few times I have received an mail that was so badly damaged that the contents were returned in a plastic bag.

OK, I'm done for the day as I just learned something new from Donna and one new thing a day is just about what his old brain can handle.

MRoy
October 18th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Good morning! Blondie's video is a great way to start the day. Can you say FOGGY? It is sooo foggy here. I'm glad I don't have to drive to work in this now...too many folks out there without their headlights on.

I've been fighting a cold all week and haven't done much. I'm going to try to get up and get moving today. Happy Friday!

Genny
October 18th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Good morning Blondie and thanks for sharing the laughs!

Precious1
October 18th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Good morning all. Blondie, loved the video. Reminded me of my babies. There is nothing more precious and contagious than a baby's laughter. Yesterday was a little difficult for me because it was my mom's birthday. She would have been 70. However, today is a much better day, my beautiful, precious daughter is 12 today. Yep it's her birthday. My only girl out of four kids. So I'm planing on buying a cake and pizza. I'm so thankful for the love and blessing of family.

Everyone have a safe weekend and like Blondie says, Keep smiling.

Terri
October 18th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Blondie....it's afternoon now, I didn't check in this morning. But thanks so much for the video. I too, remember when each of our four boys would laugh like that and then our two grandsons. Where has the time gone? I have two sons who aren't speaking to me at all and they are the two with the grandsons who are now 7 and 6....who I haven't seen in 2 yrs and 3 yrs, respectively. So while smiling & laughing with this video....I did some "feeling sorry for myself" crying too. :( Situations I have tried over & over to fix, but if the other party isn't willing to at least meet me half way....I can't fix things all by myself. Sure do miss my sons & grandsons.