PDA

View Full Version : BB cream

Sheena
October 18th, 2013, 04:27 AM
I've just discovered BB cream. I know it's been around for a while and it's been advertised on TV, but the adverts don't aim the product at the 'mature lady'.

In the winter my skin gets sore with the cold and I always have to put moisturiser on. I've tried tinted moisturiser and it's OK, but BB cream is just so much better, and it lasts the whole day without the need to reapply, and it looks so natural.

Yesterday I was in Asda (Walmart) and I was looking at the baby clothes. Two ladies (quite a bit older than me) were also looking at the baby clothes and we got talking. One of the ladies suddenly said 'Oh your skin is lovely!' and stroked my cheek.

I felt so happy.

So I'd like to recommend BB cream (mine's Nivea) to all you ladies who haven't yet tried it.

HdWench
October 18th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Thanks Sheena, living in the dry desert a cream that lasts all day will be wonderful!

I'd love to see a list of things we all would recommend to each other (other than fabric and quilting), like this Mr. Magic Eraser I was used tonight on the Refrigerator. It did the job so well and was another recommendation from an internet friend. I'm glad I tried it

So thanks for your good recommendation on something else that will help

Debbie

easyquilts
October 18th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I have used Oil of Olay skin moisture (white plastic bottle) for years, and always get compliments on my skin... When tested with way more expensive products, Oil of Olay actually comes out on top.

You will know when I am down to my very last penny when there is no Oil of Olay in my bathroom... The Shea Butter body wash is wonderful, and I love the Age defying facial scrub... The moisturizer would be the lady to go....

aliaslaceygreen
October 18th, 2013, 07:34 AM
No idea what BB stands for? Nivea is a brand here .... Magic Erasers are awesome!

Bubby
October 18th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I use Aveda skin care products and they have a great BB cream. My DD is an esthetician and uses only Aveda on her clients. It seems like every company has a BB cream on the market.

MayinJerset
October 18th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Sheena, Inquiring minds want to know what BB stands for.

Lisapc
October 18th, 2013, 09:04 AM
I have very sensitive skin. I can only use Dermalogica without problems. I use their tinted moisturizer and it does last all day for me. I am 43 and have not one wrinkle so I am hoping that it stays that way for a few years! I tried BB cream and my skin flipped out!

Mpyles
October 18th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I too was curious...this is what I found...

bb cream
Web definitions
BB cream stands for blemish balm, blemish base, beblesh balm (apparently because of a trademark in Korea on the word "blemish"), and in Western markets, beauty balm. ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BB_cream

lyric
December 13th, 2013, 05:39 PM
No doubt; Aveda is the business. I got hipped to them while working as a managing manicurist in a spa. There is nothing Aveda I do NOT like! The Rosemary Mint hair products smell wonderful.

I use Aveda skin care products and they have a great BB cream. My DD is an esthetician and uses only Aveda on her clients. It seems like every company has a BB cream on the market.

redcaboose1717
December 14th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Sheena
Thanks...I have watched some of the commercials too. I have been on some medications that have changed my skin, although most people are surprised when I tell them I am 59 yrs old. For years, I have used honey & lemon to make a facial ( just mix a few drops of lemon juice from a lemon and about 2 Tablespoons of Honey....stir together...and apply to face. Let 'dry" and wash off.

I will admit I have used Dove Soap for years....( my mom always swore by it )

Here's a couple of easy things I do.
To prevent my clothing from fading in the wash, I put 1 cup of vinegar ( I use white but you can use Cider ) . I put it in after I add the detergent. I do this whenever I purchase something new, and then always add a cup of vinegar to wash loads every 4-5 loads. I have jeans that look brand new...that are 10 yrs old. Same thing for Sweaters.

IF you want WHITE WHITE clothes. Purchase "IRON OUT" ( this is to clean the tub of your water softener ) ...With your first load of whites ( if you have never done this before ) Add the water, then detergent, and then 1/4 CUP of Iron Out.....wait until the water fills up,add your clothes. ( Only do this with WHITE clothes ).....then add your Softener Pearls ( I use Purex )
After the first time you do this, just add a Pinch of Iron Out to future loads of white clothing. You will have the whitest clothes on the planet......
Make sure you add the Iron Out while the water is filling up your washer.....Don't use more than 1/4 cup ......for the first load, and only use a pinch of Iron Out for future loads ( if you use more it WILL eat your clothes. ...I have whites ( bras, panties & socks that are 10-15 yrs old ) that I have had for years.
I also use Baking Soda & Vinegar ( make a paste ) to clean my sinks& tub.

As you can see I rarely purchase cleaning supplies. I use Vinegar most of the time. I also use corn starch & water to clean windows ( my grandma taught my mom this ) ( about 1/2 cup corn starch to a gallon of water to clean my windows.) Dip a sponge into the watery mixture apply to your windows. Use old newspapers to wipe the windows dry......your windows will be really clean ! ( Your hands might have some black ink from the news print though ! )

Genny
December 14th, 2013, 02:01 AM
I have used Oil of Olay skin moisture (white plastic bottle) for years, and always get compliments on my skin... When tested with way more expensive products, Oil of Olay actually comes out on top.

You will know when I am down to my very last penny when there is no Oil of Olay in my bathroom... The Shea Butter body wash is wonderful, and I love the Age defying facial scrub... The moisturizer would be the lady to go....

I started using Oil of Olay when I was 30...32 years ago and wouldn't use anything else. My face is the only thing on my body that doesn't dry out in the winter.