PDA

View Full Version : Embroidered uniforms

PeggyM
October 17th, 2013, 09:06 PM
My daughter is an assistant property manager for a small OLD apartment complex. She wants the employees to have some sort of uniform so the tenants can recognize the engineers/maintenance crew as legitimate. Does anyone have any idea where to search for such a service? I imagine because of the number of shirts (14 or so) that it's not a bulk kind of thing, so It seems like there are people out there in the cottage industry that could do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ilive2craft2
October 17th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Local embroidery companies would probably do a batch that small. We have one in town that I use for small orders for work stuff, since I don't want to do it myself and be responsible.... :)

kelliedi
October 17th, 2013, 09:25 PM
anyone with a basic embroider machine could do it, I have done it on shirts i bought at old navy for a store i worked at it worked really well/

HdWench
October 17th, 2013, 09:31 PM
We've a shop in town called Cactus Uniforms -- I don't see they have a website, but agree same color shirts with simple embroidery would work -anyone local? Good luck

Debbie

Lisapc
October 17th, 2013, 09:44 PM
I do them for my brothers construction company and a local photographer. It's easy and I do it cheaper than the local work wear shop does it.

I would put an ad in the yahoo freecycle groups. Someone in your area would know where to go.

Hulamoon
October 17th, 2013, 09:54 PM
My dd wanted me to do some for her Roller derby club, but it would of been to expensive to send between islands. Plus I don't digitize. I would go to your local shops and ask if someone does it. That's how I found two local FMG's. Sometimes they have boards you can pin a note up too.

What about those hat shops in the mall? I don't even know if ours is there anymore. I don't shop too much anymore. lol Craigslist too.

PeggyM
October 17th, 2013, 09:55 PM
I do them for my brothers construction company and a local photographer. It's easy and I do it cheaper than the local work wear shop does it.

I would put an ad in the yahoo freecycle groups. Someone in your area would know where to go.

Great idea. Thanks. She went to the local embroidery shop, and they didn't really want to be bothered. I figured someone on here would have ideas. Thanks!! She feels the maintenance people need to be identified. One of the guys went to an apartment above a leak and the resident called the police on him.

PeggyM
October 17th, 2013, 09:58 PM
My dd wanted me to do some for her Roller derby club, but it would of been to expensive to send between islands. Plus I don't digitize. I would go to your local shops and ask if someone does it. That's how I found two local FMG's. Sometimes they have boards you can pin a note up too.

What about those hat shops in the mall? I don't even know if ours is there anymore. I don't shop too much anymore. lol Craigslist too.

We thought about the hat shop in the mall. If they can whip up a hat they shoud be able. She wanted me to do it, but I just have a sewing machine with a font -- it'd look cheesey.

Hulamoon
October 17th, 2013, 10:06 PM
You could go this direction, there are plenty on the net.

Order Patches Online | Patches-on-Sale (http://patches-on-sale.com/)

snippet
October 17th, 2013, 10:22 PM
I think some sort of uniform/cap is a super idea.

This summer I wanted some pockets embroidered for my daughter's tote bags. I went to one store and they gave me the run around, saying it was a small order and the fabric would fray too much (they don't use stabilizer). I went to another store in town and she happily took my job. She helped me choose a thread color and font and a week later I had my pockets embroidered the way I wanted - all for $20.00

Call around and see what the shops would require. Do you provide the shirts/caps? How is the design to be done? Do you need to digitize the design or will a paper copy do?

K. McEuen
October 17th, 2013, 10:43 PM
If you were around here I would recommend Zia Graphics. They do great work and surprisingly have good prices on things.

nyscpa2be
October 17th, 2013, 10:46 PM
If embroidery doesn't work out, my local high school has great results with customink.com

PeggyM
October 17th, 2013, 10:47 PM
So much helpful information. I knew I came to the right place. Thank you, all!