PDA

View Full Version : WOOO HOOO!!!

Hawaii Roxy
October 17th, 2013, 02:17 AM
I have exciting news!!! My son ,his wife and new baby (Maggie Mae) are coming here to Hawaii to spend Christmas with us! My husband booked their flight and everything is on GO! We have only seen our new grand daughter in pictures on facebook so this is a real treat! I cant wait to get my hands on this lil angel and my son of course! Its been 3 years since we have seen him and I miss him terribly ! My husband said I could take the whole 2 weeks off that they are here so another plus!
I like my job but sometimes .....ugh like today I rolled my eyes so hard at (behind their back) a customer I actually gave myself a headache ! lol So this is just the break I need to get back on track and enjoy seeing the same faces everyday (some 8-10 times) lol
The only down side is Ill have to dismantle my sewing room and make it into a bedroom again so Ill have to be sure all my holiday projects get done BEFORE dec 20th that's the day they arrive :)

bkthomas
October 17th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Awww....good for you!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 17th, 2013, 02:21 AM
That's great news! It will be a very happy holiday for you!

Lisapc
October 17th, 2013, 02:23 AM
That is just wonderful! I am so happy for you. How old is your granddaughter?

Hawaii Roxy
October 17th, 2013, 02:24 AM
She was born May 17th so by the time we see her she will be 6 months!! Im super excited!!

Musical_Starling
October 17th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Christmas is always better when little ones are involved :D

GuitarGramma
October 17th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Oh Roxy, I'm so happy for you. I was a long-distance gramma for two years, so I know what you're going through. What a wonderful treat for Christmas!

ksap
October 17th, 2013, 02:55 AM
It sounds like you got an early Christmas gift!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful news!

Andrea F
October 17th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Iīm so happy for and with you! I canīt even imagine not to see my sons for three years. Itīs going the to be a wonderful christmas :)

nana margaret
October 17th, 2013, 05:13 AM
You must be so thrilled, a new granddaughter under the Christmas tree and seeing your precious son - what could be better?

easyquilts
October 17th, 2013, 05:35 AM
I'm so happy for you, Roxy... What a wonderful Christmas your family is going to have this year!

Monique
October 17th, 2013, 07:55 AM
That is exciting news. The heck with the sewing, you have cuddle time to make up for.

MRoy
October 17th, 2013, 08:24 AM
You're going to have a great Christmas Roxy! :)

PeggyM
October 17th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Oh, my gosh!! What a fabulous Christmas present!!!!!!

Bubby
October 17th, 2013, 09:45 AM
I'm happy for you!! It will be worth losing your sewing area for a while!!

Precious1
October 17th, 2013, 11:45 AM
So happy and excited for you. Best Christmas gift EVER!!!!!

Genny
October 17th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I have exciting news!!! My son ,his wife and new baby (Maggie Mae) are coming here to Hawaii to spend Christmas with us! My husband booked their flight and everything is on GO! We have only seen our new grand daughter in pictures on facebook so this is a real treat! I cant wait to get my hands on this lil angel and my son of course! Its been 3 years since we have seen him and I miss him terribly ! My husband said I could take the whole 2 weeks off that they are here so another plus!
I like my job but sometimes .....ugh like today I rolled my eyes so hard at (behind their back) a customer I actually gave myself a headache ! lol So this is just the break I need to get back on track and enjoy seeing the same faces everyday (some 8-10 times) lol
The only down side is Ill have to dismantle my sewing room and make it into a bedroom again so Ill have to be sure all my holiday projects get done BEFORE dec 20th that's the day they arrive :)

I am so thrilled for you! My daughter and her family spent a few years in Colorado and I missed them so much. I can only imagine how excited you are to get your hands on your little granddaughter!

Gayle8675309
October 17th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Oh I'm so happy for you! It's going to be a great Christmas!

aliaslaceygreen
October 17th, 2013, 12:09 PM
How exciting!!!

Hulamoon
October 17th, 2013, 12:50 PM
That sounds like a really nice time!

My dad didn't meet my second dd until she was six! He wouldn't travel here because of his stupid wife. She was afraid of bugs. lol

lilmouse
October 17th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I am so thrilled for you....am right now at my daughters and got to hold my little ones this morning...my grandson is the hardest....he thinks kisses are yucky and has felt that way for years...but gives the sweetest hugs.

Klasien
October 17th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Yeahhhhhh, that is great news.
I am so happy for you!

auntiemern
October 17th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Very Happy for you. I am lucky that all my 'kid's' are close by.

Hawaii Roxy
October 17th, 2013, 01:47 PM
That sounds like a really nice time!

My dad didn't meet my second dd until she was six! He wouldn't travel here because of his stupid wife. She was afraid of bugs. lol

wow seriously?! BUGS?? that sux Im sorry ,we were afraid we wouldn't get to see Maggie until she was almost 3 because my son said "Im not coming to Hawaii because Ill never put my baby on a plane" I was crushed!! But his desire to see mom and dad finally brought him to his senses lol
Im gonna ATTEMPT to make everybody quilted Christmas stockings this year. Planning on sending some to my other son and his wife and kids back in Kansas. Ill be so happy when we go home so Ican be with all my kids and not have to pick and choose this was a gut wrenching decision. We nearly made our choice by drawing straws! We cant afford to fly everybody out so we chose Brian because its been longer since we have seen him and hes never been to Hawaii. Christopher and his wife were stationed here and they could not take off work for as long so thats how we made our choice.

Hulamoon
October 17th, 2013, 02:48 PM
When we took my first dd she was 5mos. When the plane landed and we got up the people behind us said we didn't even know you had a baby. For five hours! She was so good. Then the two when they where seven and six I did on my own. Suit cases and kids. Gosh to be twenty years younger!