PDA

View Full Version : Kraft Caramels, anyone?

easyquilts
October 16th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I make my own caramel and chocolate sauces, but decided to get some Kraft Caramels for candy apples. Went to Kroger's.... Couldn't find them..finally had to ask someone...... They were hiding on the bottom shelf..... Two very small bags...I had been looking for the nice big bag..... So, I bought them .... 2 for 5 .... When I got into my car I decided to have a couple.... You are aware that fats and calories consumed in your car do not count..... Right?

I was expecting this big and very satisfying glob of gooey caramel.... Nope.... What I got was a tiny caramel bite.... Very tiny. I was so disappointed.... I'm suck and tired of companies shrinking their products, but continuing to charge high prices.... It has happened to everything from candy bare, to coffee....

What was the last thing you bought that was not the size you remember....for the same...or higher price?
a

Lisapc
October 16th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Miniature Kit Kats. My son loves them and when I opened the bag to pour it into the candy dish I got angry at how few were in the bag. From now on I will stick to buying our candy at BJ's.

Vonnie
October 16th, 2013, 11:37 AM
When's the last time you bought 1/2 gallon of ice cream? They charge the same but the size is shrinking.

Sandy Navas
October 16th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Not my favorite breakfast, but an egg McMuffin at Mickey D's . . . half size!

toggpine
October 16th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Ice cream is the most noticeable, but the larger box of Jello pudding used to make 8 servings and now is 6. I have also heard that boxed cake mixes have less in them and have messed up a few old recipes.

MayinJerset
October 16th, 2013, 07:22 PM
When's the last time you bought 1/2 gallon of ice cream? They charge the same but the size is shrinking.
Yeah, what a bummer as the smaller container comes out to uneven servings for us so DH and I are always fighting over who will get the last serving. Well, not fighting, just trying to get to the freezer before the other one does. Lucky for us we don't buy ice cream often or there would be big problems here. LOL!

I also miss the rectangle 1/2 gallon box. I would make a big ice cream cake, bake and then split a 9 x 13 cake, slice off ice cream to put between the layers and then swirl Cool Whip over everything and freeze over night. Tried to make an ice cream cake recently and had to scoop out the ice cream from its oval container resulting in a lumpy ice cream layer and a lumpy cake. It didn't look neat but company didn't care as they dug in and finished the cake off in short time.

easyquilts
October 16th, 2013, 08:29 PM

I noticed! A good friend just gave me a Cuisinart ice maker.... It's awesome! Now I make my own ice cream, and can make any flavor, and add anything I want. Today, I made vanilla ice cream.... using really good Mexican Vanilla. When it was at the soft serve stage, I added chocolate chips.... Homemade chocolate and caramel toppings are in the fridge. I also made caramel ice cream.

Tomorrow it will be strawberry ice cream, and from scratch strawberry topping.

The thing about homemade anything, is that you know exactly what's in your food...

PeggyM
October 16th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Cereal. I don't drink milk, so I don't eat cereal. Haven't bought it since the girls left home years ago. I recently bought a box (now have a DGD), and was suprised how small it was.

Lindagie
October 16th, 2013, 10:56 PM
I just bought some of those caramels and noticed they were smaller and the bag has less in it as well. Seems like all the cereals have less in them too. What a ripoff all the way around.

Sandy Navas
October 16th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Smack me upside the head, good and hard, quick and dirty, and I won't tell you what/who I think is to blame . . .

auntiemern
October 17th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Cookies. Specifically Oreo's. No where near the same amount in the package.

easyquilts
October 17th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Smack me upside the head, good and hard, quick and dirty, and I won't tell you what/who I think is to blame . . .

OK ... Consider it done! You can tell anyway....of you want to....

kensington
October 17th, 2013, 12:28 AM
I love Kraft or Brach caramels, mmm... pop them in the microwave for a few seconds... Heaven.