PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Greetings

Blondie
October 16th, 2013, 06:41 AM

Hello Folksies!

Another day is starting. Here is sit with coffee in hand, Gracie, the chi chi on my lap and all my besties here in front of me. Yesterday was a lovely day weather wise and I am hoping that today will be a repeat. Nice, cool mornings, evenings and warm days. Oh yeah, I love fall. Don't like the allergies I always seems to be dealing with this time of year - I will take those along with the heavenly weather.

Having said the above, I am off to jump in the shower, head to the basement to see Dinah kitty and get ready for the day. Ahhh, Dinah kitty. If anything can make a person feel loved, it is the purr and the feel of that fat and fluffy kitty in my arms. She literally puts her arms around my neck. Sweet. Makes my nose itch, but sweet.

Prayers for all, hugs added to that and in case you haven't received a smile yet today, here's one for you.

Monique
October 16th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Good morning Blondie. I just heard the rain coming down. Another work day again. I thought I was finished yesterday but boss wants me in again today. And that's okay too. I enjoy working at that post office. I know most of the customers who come in and it is a VERY busy office. It was a very busy week last week and the start of the week yesterday was crazy. Today is flyer day, so another crazy day ahead. I am hoping to get into my sewing room this week.

I just want to share this with you all. Last week we lost an important member of our community. Louis was 77, illiterate, his speech was difficult to understand at times, just a very simple man. He loved to chop wood and had worked all his life with horses. He was loved by all who knew him. He drove around town on a four-wheeler. Yesterday was his burial and he was picked up at the funeral home by a horse-drawn buggy and driven to his final resting place. I was unable to attend, but I heard there were about 150 people or more who were able to attend. I don't think that Louis would have imagined such a send off and that he had touched so many people in his life. He will be sorely missed that is for sure.

Have a wonderful day friends.

bkthomas
October 16th, 2013, 06:52 AM

....and here's one from me to all of you!

HdWench
October 16th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Good morning Blonde and everyone this fall Wednesday. Where do the days go and much too fast! Fall allergies and nice sleeping with the breeze coming in. I also love fall (in Arizona :-) we are so very blessed with great weather in October. Take the Walgreens knock-off of Zyrtec daily and the Vit D 2000 mgs sure seems to have kept me healthy more this year - well cold wise and allergies not neck :-) But it's all good.

Having my evening coffee with you all at 3 am here still fighting with myself over what to do next. Well I will listen quietly and see which fabric talks first. Have a good one and prayers to so many suffering on our forum

Debbie

Terri
October 16th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Good Morning Blondie,

Your morning posts always bring a smile to my face. :D You truly amaze me at how positive & upbeat you remain with everything you have had going on with your mom. You are my inspiration. While I don't think I responded to the thread, you & your dear Mom have remained in my prayers.

I've been keeping up with the forum the last week, but haven't posted much. Had a "minor" sinus procedure/surgery done last Thursday (10th) and it knocked me down a little harder that what the doc told me it would or I'm just a wimp. I just don't do well having pain in my face....but this pain is supposed of get rid of, or at least make considerably better the pain & pressure I've been having almost constantly for the last 6-8 months and on & off for the last 3 to 4 years. Praying for the best outcome possible.

Having this done, I missed a quilt show that I really wanted to attend over the weekend (11th & 12th). :icon_sniff: I had also planned to attend a meeting of the guild that sponsored/put on/held the quilt show Monday evening, but this doggone pain, made me stay home. (feeling a little sorry for myself) So I am hoping & praying to attend their morning meeting tomorrow. I am a newer quilter and have never attended guild meeting and am not sure of what to expect, but am looking forward to the experience.

Busy day today....my Bandit (Chihuahua/pug mix=a chug!) goes to be groomed this morning. He is NOT going to be happy with me, but he always forgives me. Plan to get my nails done and maybe get a pedi too (way overdue for the pedi). Getting my nails done, it something I have done for ME for years. When you're the single female in a household full of testosterone, you gotta do something for yourself!!! (that would be DH and four sons!!) Love them all and honestly don't know what I would have done with a girl if we would have had one! :)

Hugs and prayers to all!! Hope everyone has a great day!

Terri

Blondie
October 16th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Debbie, we get our knock off zytec from Health Warehouse (http://www.healthwarehouse.com/) - huge savings that are crazy great. I haven't tried the Vit D. Hmm. may add that to the morning mix.

Good morning Blonde and everyone this fall Wednesday. Where do the days go and much too fast! Fall allergies and nice sleeping with the breeze coming in. I also love fall (in Arizona :-) we are so very blessed with great weather in October. Take the Walgreens knock-off of Zyrtec daily and the Vit D 2000 mgs sure seems to have kept me healthy more this year - well cold wise and allergies not neck :-) But it's all good.

Having my evening coffee with you all at 3 am here still fighting with myself over what to do next. Well I will listen quietly and see which fabric talks first. Have a good one and prayers to so many suffering on our forum

Debbie

HdWench
October 16th, 2013, 07:27 AM
((((Terri)))) Hope you are feeling better now - sinus procedure sure would be painful. When it's your face there is no pain like that, glad you are giving yourself time for you with the manicure and pedicure

Blondie, they really have some great savings - Thank you! I swear by the Vitamin D have had no colds, allergies or cold sores and more energy lol not that I need more Energy!! I'm not a vitamin freak but this one's a daily keeper and I sure hope it helps you too :-)

dwil23
October 16th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Good Morning all!

Yes, wonderful fall weather!!! I love it. I also love my kitty, Roo, who likes to give me hugs, too. The only thing is once those precious little paws are wrapped around my neck, he then digs in with the claws to pull himself up to my shoulders. OUCH!!!!!! He just doesn't understand why I don't enjoy his hugs as much as he enjoys giving them. He also doesn't understand why I'm not fond of his surprising me when he jumps from the floor to my shoulders (digging in with the claws so that he doesn't fall), or why I'm not amused by the fur he leaves all over my fabrics.

Yes, I love my kitties, too. My DD (who brought Roo home) has decided that since he loves me more, she is going to get her own kitten(s), so, it looks like our 4 legged family is "on the grow" yet again. I guess though, since we lost two cats since July (one to old age and one to the car) that will even it back out.

This is the beginning of my weekend. I will stop at the store on my way home, and if all goes as planned, not leave the house until Friday evening when I return to work. I shouldn't say that too loud, lest something happen to make that impossible.

Hope everyone has a blessed day! Prayers for all...

Hulamoon
October 16th, 2013, 07:32 AM
This is no fair. A morning thread is started and I'm still on nite owl time! No wonder I never sleep. lol

Debbie my doc prescribed me some D. I always forget to take it along with the B12. I was getting shots for awhile. Another doc just told me to up the dose. This was a good reminder:)

I want to start packing up my pal swap and take some pictures of some gifties. It's been so muggy here it's hard to move.

MayinJerset
October 16th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Just said Good Night to the Night Owls and here I am saying Good Morning to the Day people. I'm up and will get the coffee going, jump into the shower and get this day begun.

Things to do, package pillowcases to send to Ruby, wash some more clothes, vote in special election, stop at farm market for eggs, veggies and some chuck chop meat for tonight's meatloaf. Really should spend the afternoon sorting out summer and fall clothes but instead I'll be visiting my BFF for coffee and talk. Wanted to see her before she and her DH go on a weeklong cruise that begins this weekend. Hope the weather in the Caribbean is good, last year about this time Hurricane Sandy arrived.

Sorry for the photo, so surprised it posted. All day yesterday I couldn't add it or any other photos in Chat or Groups. Did finally get photos into my Groups, don't really know how - just kept doing the right steps until they took, but this photo wouldn't attach itself anywhere on the forum. Anyway the Night Owls were talking about using orange in a quilt and I wanted to show them the one I made for a DGD. 58218

Bubby
October 16th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Morning Everyone,

Day #3 without water...it's beginning to get on my nerves. At least the rain has stopped and Jeff might be able to get back into the hole today and get it fixed.

The Girls had a good night and slept in until 6 this morning...their personal best so far. Sometimes they are up at 3:30!!

I have been playing with the embroidery machine. I'm stitching out some holiday designs I bought last year from Urban Threads. Back to my machine.

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday!!

Mpyles
October 16th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Morning all! Busy Wednesday a head at work. October always seems to be a busy month for us. Go cardinals!!

Lonna
October 16th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Good Morning All,

Should be a quite day at work today or at least I sure hope so. The circus that is in the parking lot should be gone by the time I get there today. All day yesterday I got to look at the elephants and the tigers. But let me tell you by the end of the day you open the door to the office and you would know the circus was there with out even looking.

Wayne has had a rough weekend which in turn means Lonna had a rough weekend. Still not doing so good today. These sleepless nights are beginning to catch up with the both of us. Wayne has had a lot of swelling this past weekend from the chemo his throat swells up when ever he lays down so he has been sitting up ever since last Friday. Can not get his stubborn b**** to go to the hospital.

Well need to go and help Wayne bring is oxygen machine into the living room and then head out the door to work. Take care my friends.

Shirley
October 16th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Smiles and hugs to you and everyone today! I love the Cheshire Cat!!

Iris Girl
October 16th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I love the fall the crisp days cool nights beautiful colors!!! I also love my kitty Bugger she loves to give hugs and climb on your shoulders. her purring could warm any heart!!
Sewing class for me today . Today is block day the second installment towards our quilt. When I get home I need to work on a runner for someone who is special :)
Have a great day all Hugs and well wishes for all that need and want them!!

Cathy F
October 16th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Morning all,
Blondie, you and your mom have been in my thoughts and prayers. It's good to see your morning welcome again!

Wasn't much on the board yesterday as I took a class at my local quilt stored. Yesterday we also celebrated our 47th anniversary. How time flies it seems just like yesterday! Went out to our favorite Italian restaraunt for dinner.
Looking to get up in the sewing room today to finish one secret Santa gift then I'm done with all my gifties and can get them wrapped.

MRoy
October 16th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone! I think I'm taking a cold, I've started treating it and hope it doesn't get too bad. My last day of "work" on the personnel hearing from H--L is supposed to be Oct 25 and I have to testify again. I've got to feel better before then. I dog sat Jake yesterday afternoon. He drags his splinted leg and needs to stay in sometimes instead of going with DH so he stayed with me. We both napped.

I've got to get back to work on the most recent baby quilt. I've got 6 more rows of half-hexies to sew and the top will be done. It's all laid out on the cutting table...waiting. Maybe later today. Happy Wednesday!

buckeyequilter
October 16th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Good morning.....

A rainy, gloomy day out today....but the forecast for the week-end looks nice. We're going to Sugarcreek (Amish Country) on Friday and looks like we're supposed to have a nice day for that - a high of 60. I like that better than 90's - 100's to walk around and go to the shops. I think I'm going to look around for some Christmas gifts while I'm there.

I got all the straight lines on my nieces quilt, last night. Now I need to decide what I want to put inside the blocks. I also need to get the binding finished up on my sister's quilt. Then all that's left on those is washing, signing and delivering.

I have that huge Maple Leaf/Log Cabin that I need to quilt, which I haven't started yet. It's going to be all SITD so that might be a winter project and since I'm keeping it there will be no rush to get it done.

Well need to get back to work....have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs :)

CrazyMtnLady
October 16th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Good morning everyone. It is a beautiful crisp morning. Love it.

I have TarButt lying at my feet, Gator leaning against my side as close as he can get and Peanut the kitten is on my lap trying to get on the computer. Love all my fur babies. Peanut still isn't growing much. I bring her in a couple times a day and give her a little canned cat food to supplement the dry food she gets outside with the other cats. I can't believe she is 6 months old but is only half the size of her brother Evinrude. I named him Evinrude because he sounds like a boat motor he purrs so loud.

I was a basket case all weekend and up until about 6:30 last night. I had talked to Daniel on Saturday afternoon and then everytime I tried to call him, his phone went straight to voice mail and he never answered any of the many e-mails I sent him. I even told him in the e-mails his phone was going straight to voice.... you think he would have checked it then. I was so worried that something had happened to him up there in Michigan and me down here in Missouri. With his health problems I was afraid he was in a diabetic coma or had a heart attack or something. I finally called a friend up there who went to the house to check on him. His phone's battery had died and he just hadn't paid attention to it to plug it in!!!!!!!! ARGH! He said he didn't answer my e-mails because he really didn't have anything to say! WHAT? Why not just hit reply and say...Love you! At least I would know he was okay. I am relieved he is okay but I am also so angry I could scream. I told him I was going to kick his A$$ when he got home.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers to all.

bakermom
October 16th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Yeah raining like mad here, too. Started around midnight last night. I plan on a sewing day today after I get back from DDs. I have a few things that really need to get done but i cannot get motivated. I guess i hated to waste the nice weather by staying inside.

Lisapc
October 16th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Good morning to all!

Blondie: thanks for the pharmacy tip.

Terri: I have Karli my female dog in the house but she is in love with the Peter's and is always trying to make me jeoulous so I am here with all men in my home. I usually start with "I need a girls day" so often I drive myself crazy before I get it. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Lonna: you and Wayne are always in my prayers. I really hope he feels better soon.

Sending prayer and good thoughts to all!

Sandy Navas
October 16th, 2013, 01:11 PM
The world is full of some very tough ladies - and if you don't believe that, just read all the messages on this forum.

You all ROCK!!! Strength in numbers, strength in stitches, strength for all those we love. It is so evident here!!!

"Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

toggpine
October 16th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I have a quick run to the store and then I'll have all of the supplies I need to get his big pot of chili going. I'm not complaining too loudly about a husband that cooks. I'd just like it if he made a list of things he used up, so I know what to replace in my pantry. I'm out of cumin & chili powder. The smoked chicken & ribs were tasty the last time he made them though!

While that is simmering on the stove I'll shift the last few loads of laundry around and have some play time in the sewing room!