PDA

View Full Version : Is this one of Blondie's relatives?

Sandy Navas
March 27th, 2011, 11:11 PM
LOVE Bill Cosby - and LOVE this guest. Blondie, do you live near North, South Carolina?

http://www.casttv.com/video/72dkchn/bill-cosby-understanding-southern-

craftyladysam
March 28th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Sandy, I never laugh so much!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!! LOL I live in North Carolina too. Sam:)

Blondie
March 28th, 2011, 05:32 AM
That was too cute Sandy. Why do I feel like saying, Say goodnite Gracie?
But I just woke up and let my Gracie outside and said Hurry Up Gracie.
Actually, her accent is way different from mine. LOL. Most folks outside of the south don't realize the various dialects and accents in the south.
I betcha my southern accent is different from Sam's and she just lives down the road a piece in the Research Triangle area.
I live a bit north west of her in what used to be called LSD before LSD was a bad thing. That stood for Leaksville, Spray and Draper. I used to think we lived in Leaksville but my Daddy told me it was considered Spray because of the volunteer fire department out of Spray. I knew it wasn't Draper because that was closer to Brosville than to Cascade. And the folks in Draper can make any one syllable word into a three syllable word. Trust me. It is always a dead giveaway that someone is from Draper.
But I actually live in Eden in NC. Not Edenton. Eden.

Loonwatcher
March 28th, 2011, 02:29 PM
LOL. Love the video - too funny. Thanks for sharing. I don't know why but southern accents just crack me up. When we get a call from someone with a southern accent it's all I can do not to laugh. No reason for it. People also absorb the southern accent very quickly too. I know quiet a few from VT that have moved to Virginia, NC and Georgia and it didn't take them long to start talking "funny"...LOL

janluna
March 28th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Hey Blondie, it's the same in New York. We have so many different accents. You can tell who lives in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, upstate, Western NY, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and the Thousand Islands. We also have an Eden. It's near Buffalo, NY

janluna
March 28th, 2011, 02:55 PM
After seeing the video, I have to say Blondie you are very clever! Funny funny girl.

sewsoft
March 28th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Lol:icon_rofl: that's cute.