PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Tragedy

GuitarGramma
October 15th, 2013, 10:19 AM
This is a disclaimer. If you'd rather not read something awful, please hit your back button now.
It's the wee hours of the morning, and I was awakened by the sound of a woman screaming on the street outside my house. There's been a murder on the street by the side of my house (I live on a corner lot). There are sheriff cars everywhere. One officer came to interview me, and I've reviewed our security cameras with him, but we didn't catch any video.

Here's what I know: The woman claims she was walking her dog at 4am and found her boyfriend shot in the head in the street shot she got back. Another man was grazed in the head. The sheriff officer told me their stories aren't making total sense.

I suspect it was a drug deal gone bad. I live in a suburb that has 100 year old farm houses to new construction, from million dollar homes to shacks. Some folks are salt of the earth, some are yuppies, and some are questionable. Even worse, the mini horse ranch right behind me is vacant, a reverse-mortgage foreclosure that would break your heart. Transients have been "hanging out" there a lot, seeking shelter in the barns and maybe even breaking into the empty house. The shooting occurred in the middle of the street in front of the ranch.

Please pray for all involved, and for all involved and for the repose of that man's soul. What a tragedy.

Lisapc
October 15th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Just terrible. I frankly don't know why I read on because I try to avoid the negative and we had our own negative in our town a couple of weeks ago I am still trying to get past. A little 6 yr old boy who was on the heart transplant list for a few years passed away. I just feel terribly for that family and can't imagine how they are continuing to live without their baby.

Wait, I read on because I was concerned for you. I hope they can clean up your neighborhood so it is a safe place again.

GuitarGramma
October 15th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Thank you, Lisa. One of the things I love about this town is that it isn't "Pleasant Valley Sunday." I like that we're not all yuppies. But a murder 20 feet from my property? That's more diversity than I care for.

Miss Sheri
October 15th, 2013, 10:59 AM
(((((Toni))))) Not good, not in any form. Praying for your safety and peace of mind too.

bubba
October 15th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I know just how you feel! Two years ago at Christmas, I was out in the kitchen making fudge and talking to my husband when I saw the reflection of red and blue lights on the window. I went and looked and it was crime scene central!!! Two gals from up the street got into a dispute, one walked off and the other followed her in a huge SUV, hit her with the car and then backed up over her head. I live on the corner it was just kitty corner across the intersection. That was back when my husband worked graves and of course, I didn't want to be home alone, but it was too late to cover his shift. I think I sat up half the night. Detectives knocked on the door sometime after midnight, but we had seen nothing. I did offer them cocoa or whiskey (I know most of them, being a dispatcher), but they all turned it down.

You never know what will happen.

GuitarGramma
October 15th, 2013, 12:02 PM
I think I'll go make some coffee cake for the sheriffs. They're still here, four hours later.

alliek
October 15th, 2013, 01:47 PM
So Sorry for this mess. Stay safe please, prayers being said for your safety and your neighborhood.

auntiemern
October 15th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Toni, so sorry and sad to hear this. I am so thankful that I live far enough away from that kind of thing, but unfortunately close enough to worry about it. Just last week, close to where DD lives, there was a manhunt for nazi meth head that had shot and wounded 2 police officers. She was scared to death cuz it was only a couple miles from her home. They had all the neighborhood schools cancelled or locked down. Scary world we live in.

quiltingtrish
October 15th, 2013, 04:50 PM
That is awful, but I am glad you are okay. I hope they find out who is responsible and put them away. Prayers coming for your continuing safety.

Hugs,

Tanya D
October 15th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Toni, I'm so happy you are okay, albeit shaken to the core that something so awful happened so close.

Just what was the girl doing walking the dog at 4am?? That sounds rather suspect to me. I'm sure that the officers working on the case will crack it and that the culprit will be found. In the meantime, please stay safe and report any suspicious activity in your neighborhood to the authorities.

And to the man who lost his life, whether he was involved in bad choices or not, may the angels lead him in.

PeggyM
October 15th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Toni, I'm so happy you are okay, albeit shaken to the core that something so awful happened so close.

Just what was the girl doing walking the dog at 4am?? That sounds rather suspect to me. I'm sure that the officers working on the case will crack it and that the culprit will be found. In the meantime, please stay safe and report any suspicious activity in your neighborhood to the authorities.

And to the man who lost his life, whether he was involved in bad choices or not, may the angels lead him in.

Scary! I live in a safe enough neighborhood, but just blocks from the city line and a questionable neighborhood. I sometimes have the state police helicopters circling with spotlights. My dog is not getting a walk at 4:00 am. He'll have to hold it. This smells fishy.

Kelly F
October 15th, 2013, 09:16 PM
ooooh. I was in law enforcement for almost 20 years. I love a mystery.. I was in Detective Division for a part of that. If it does not make sense.. It does NOT make sense.

On the other side of things I send prayers for those affected.

HdWench
October 15th, 2013, 10:26 PM
oh Toni, while I try to keep negative things out of my life (no TV, newspapers etc) I agree with Lisa that I had to read to make sure YOU were ok! ((((Toni)))) praying for his soul and that your place is kept safe from this horrible crime.

Debbie