PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Blondie
October 15th, 2013, 05:32 AM

Hello Folksies!

It is Tuesday and I have been absent again. Oh well, that is how things go here on The Hill now and then. Keeps me running. Keeps me practicing my manners. Keeps me learning new reasons to smile.

Mom will be getting hospital/rehab for another 4 to 6 weeks. She has an infection in her heart and in her back that was unfortunately contracted at the big hospital when they were doing her port stuff. I had a very scarey week with her last week until Friday morning I just decided to go over her head and call EMS. She is now on 5 strong anti'b's through an IV. Today they are putting in a pickline (sp) to help with the meds to flow.

So, here I am, folksies, rag taggedy smiles and all! Gosh, I am out of stuff to hand stitch. I may try to get a COC top finished this morning so I can sit and stitch. Of course, I could always look for some UFO or orphan project but I do believe that may take me into another dimension of time and space.

Sure hoping that everyone has a wonderful day. Smile a lot. Give big hugs and kisses to those you love the mostest. I highly recommend that.

dwil23
October 15th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Oh Dear, Blondie, so sorry to hear about Mom's problems, but hope she is on the mend, now. It is good to see you here this morning! I have a COC top almost finished - will have to get that done on my days off and off in the mail to you.

Enjoying some cooler weather here this week! DS had a ballgame at 5 yesterday and there was actually a cool breeze blowing!!!! It was a good game - he hit his first home run of the season, so that put the icing on the cake.

Prayers for all in need - hope everyone has a blessed day!

Granny Judy
October 15th, 2013, 07:01 AM
You have been on my mind constantly this past week, Blondie. Lots of prayers said for you and Mom, too. I was surprised that the use of Ports was still happening as they are a big problem with getting infections.. But Medicine still has a long way to go!! I can't help but think of the Star Wars movie where "Bones" just gives a pill and a new Kidney is grown. I think we will get there someday..

Pik lines are better, but there is still a risk of infections. Just saying- anything that pokes into your body has that same potential...
Still have you both on my prayer list...

It's getting cooler here, too. And I've got traveling plans made for a trip to Florida to stay with DD#1 for a couple of weeks. Trying to stretch out my Summer so that the Winter will fly by faster.

There's a quilt show/exhibition planned and lots of play time with our other hobbies/crafts. We do get into a lot of messes. LOL Her Stamp collection should keep me occupied all the time I am there!! And there is a scrapbook to set up and finish...

Maybe 2 weeks won't be long enough??

Iris Girl
October 15th, 2013, 07:07 AM
So glad to see you here this morning Blondie. Lots of hugs and well wishes to you and Mom. Glad to hear she is on the mend. Nothing much here today. work as usual, yesterday was busy due to no school. The teachers are not my favorite customers, they are mostly so needy and always want more discount then they deserve in name of the kids... The rainbow loom is selling like hotcakes still after 3 weeks we can not keep them in stock, just got another shipment of 300 on top of the 300 we got last thursday which sold out by fri night. Love it when its busy time flies.
Have a good day all , Hugs and well wishes to all that need/want them.

Monique
October 15th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Good morning everyone. Glad your Mom is on the mend and gets better real soon.

Another great weekend has passed. Hubby is headed to the hunt camp today for a few days. Good for him. I have to work today and then tonight is the start of elections. Tonight is the revision night. We have municipal elections here every 4 years. This year will be very interesting as there are 17 candidates vying for 7 seats. I am working all through the elections from revision 2 nights, to advanced poll and then election day. Great money and tax free.

I did not get any quilting done at Greg's. I did get two scarfs made for a local store in town. I bought this new stuff and they asked me to make them two scarves to show how it looks like when it's made. I will get pictures before I return them.

So other than than, not much here.

Have a great day everyone.

HdWench
October 15th, 2013, 07:25 AM
((((Blondie)))) you and your family have been in our prayers. So sorry to hear your mom got this by being in a hospital the last time, very scary I'm sure. Glad she is on meds to help her kick this to the curb and very glad to see you running and smiling.

Messed up my first blocks for the Iron quilter, but it's all good *smiles* always. eh so it's either a new design opportunity or have a couple extra charm packs of "lovely" whatever speaks to me first. Talking about speaking to me lol am staying up (3:15 am here) to call and get our oldest sweetie in today (Bonnie our cat and yep family member), with dementia at 18 years old. She was doing ok in the 5th wheel with no rooms to confuse her, but we are home and the decline begins. I think our walls should talk back to her to make her feel better, so I'm sitting in our hallways tonight helping her chat.

We have such nice overnight weather, our rolling shutters are open to let the breeze in. Sitting in my jammies having my coffee with Blondie and whoever else is up at this hour :-) yes ma'm with a smile on my face!

MRoy
October 15th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Good morning! Blondie, I'm glad your mom is better. Hugs and prayers for all of you. Not much happening here. I went out of town yesterday then woke up with a scratchy throat this morning. I hope it's not the beginning of a cold. Happy Tuesday everyone!

buckeyequilter
October 15th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Good morning.....

Continuing prayers for your Mom, Blondie.

I went to visit my sister at the nursing/rehab home last night. She's doing good and hopes to get to go home soon. I got up this morning and didn't feel like being at work at 7 so I called and will go in at 8. I will work through my lunch - which works for me.

We have plans to go to Amish country this week-end. I think we're going to Sugarcreek, we've been through there but never really stopped and looked around. Usually we end up in Kidron, Berlin, Charm and Millersburg. I've been scoping out some places to go. I might let DH pick out a place or two *lol*.....if they sell guns and ammo he'll be all over it. Two places I want to stop at are: Swiss Village Quilts and Crafts and the Swiss Village Country Store.

Tonight I think I'll work on the quilting on my niece's quilt and the binding on my sister's quilt. I have so many 1/2 finished projects so I'm going through those and finishing them up, before starting new ones. I'm making some notes and getting some fabric samples together for this week-end so I can look fabric for borders and backing for the things I need to finish.

Well need to finish getting ready for work. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs :)

aliaslaceygreen
October 15th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Oh Darling Blondie.... this is so hard, I am sure. You are on top of it now, the rest ----Give it up to that higher power and find peace that you are doing what you can...but don't forget YOU....take the time you need to BE. ((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Bubby
October 15th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Good Morning,

It's rainy here this morning, which is going to interfere with Jeff getting our water main up and running this morning. He worked on it all day yesterday and it was a major ordeal. We are basically out of water, but I filled my bathtub for water for flushing toilets. I think it's supposed to rain the rest of the day. Dottie hates going out in the rain, but she will run through a water hose all day to play...go figure.

I'm heading in to cook some breakfast. I need something to get me going today. Sometimes I wish I was a coffee drinker, but I'm caffeine and sugar free and need to stay that way as best I can.

Wishing everyone a good day....hugs all around.

CountryHut
October 15th, 2013, 08:32 AM
mmmmm . . a fresh cup of coffee with a spoon full of Mocha Cappuccino plus a shot of Baileys Pumpkin Spice Creamer --
a yum yummy & yummo this morning . .

I am making it a point this morning to get my crafting & sewing table cleared off -- bad part about this is -- 1- I won't be able to find anything afterwards and 2 the floor will look like hell . . LOL*~ . . JK . .
no really -- hubby's surgery is a week away and I have to get my craft bag ready --
I might run off today to find one of those suitcases with wheels - anyway - surgery is going to take 6-8 hours - then the plastic surgeon will follow . . I will differently need somthing to keep me and my mind busy

well much to do . . smiles (((HUGzzz))) and prayers for all . .

"Make" it a good day

pcbatiks
October 15th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Blondie......continued prayers for you & your mom. Glad that she is getting the antibiotics that she needs.

Diane .........we will be praying for your husband & his surgery.

I'm almost have my SS box ready. Hope everyone has a good day.

CrazyMtnLady
October 15th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Good morning everyone. Blondie: It is great to see you here this morning. You and your Mom are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

Barb: I know what you mean about Dottie playing in the hose but not wanting to go out in the rain. TarButt is like that when it comes to getting in the bathtub for her bath. She will jump and play in her "kiddie" pool all day long but try to get her in the bathtub for a bath sometimes is a chore. She will easily run outside in the rain...because she loves to come back in all wet and get toweled off.

I have a table runner that I started embroidering years ago and recently finished the stitching. I thought about doing some rustic hand-quilting around the designs which are on each end..but don't know what to do with the blank center. I will decide that when I get the end designs finished. I am thinking maybe to just draw a design from the end florals and use that as a quilting design.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers to all.

bec
October 15th, 2013, 09:24 AM
So glad to hear from you this morning, Blondie. I've been so concerned for you and your mom. I hope the med's do their job and she is back home soon.

Today I'm going to work on my Vintage Moments quilt and decide what projects that I want to take to the retreat that's happening in about 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to a few day of nothing bu quilting!

Hope everyone has a productive day. :)

Mpyles
October 15th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Morning all!

Blondie so glad to hear mom is getting some medical attention and prayers for her healthy recovery!

Not much here today, headed north to Lebanon.. It's a dreary rainy day...but the weatherman claims it's not gonna last long!

Everyone have a great day!

Lisapc
October 15th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Blondie: Happy to hear your Mom is where she needs to be right now. Pulling rank is often required to help those we love.

I started my day with a smile and a kiss from hubby, 2 very cuddly fur balls nuzzling my neck when I sat down with my first cup of coffee and an email from a lady who is one of the best friends that I have ever had. Then a couple PM's from another couple of the best friends I have ever had. If someone had told me that I would find real friends on an internet forum I would have thought they were crazy now I realize I shouldn't have judged. I am me on this forum just like in real life and so are a lot of women here. Good, kind decent people.

Have a wonderful day and prayers to all.

MayinJerset
October 15th, 2013, 10:31 AM
A late Good Morning from me, both DH and I had a late start today, I even had to cheat a cup of coffee while it was still brewing.
Good News about Blondie's Mom and hope it continues and she's well and back home on The Hill again.

Cleared the mess in my sewing room yesterday, made a few pillowcases for the Elves Give Back and today will begin assembling my Secret Pal gifts and decide what else I need to add. If I have time I hope to make a few more doll quilts for Guild's stash - while cleaning up yesterday I found some great leftover blocks that I could use by just adding a border or two.

Diane, Prayers for your DH's upcoming surgery.

Lisa, I'm with you feeling lucky to find so many good friends online, The ones from M* rank at my bestest ones right up there next to Mary, my in person BFF. Reminded myself to give her a call later to say I'll drop over this afternoon. She doesn't drive any longer so I try to stop over often. Sometimes she has her DH drop her off here but lately her health hasn't been too good so I go over as much as I can.

PS: Irish Gal mentioned big rush on rainbow loom so I Googled it to find out what it was. Now I know why the supermarket has a set up with all those packs of rubber bands.

Diane, I have some Mocha Cappuccino and will try adding a spoonful in my next cup of coffee. I usually mix a regular serving of Mocha Cappuccino with a packet of hot chocolate.

HandsOffItsMine
October 15th, 2013, 11:04 AM
(((Sis))) You know the Schmers and the Stegers have been praying for Mom and all on The Hill. <3 You're the Iron Woman here on The Forum. I'll call you today!

Don's off today, need to get some lettuce and tomatoes for home made tacos tonight. Got all the other goods the other day but Kroger's produce sucked. I don't get how come the produce and fruit is so expensive here in GA versus CA. Kat says it really hurts her grocery budget with 3 kids. They love fruits and Sprouts in CA always had great prices. Very frustrating to pay high prices and most of it is overprices and yucky.

Got to do some sewing for COC today - kids are on the agenda...

Prayers for all of those in need, seems we have way too many. Hugs for the caretakers!

Huggers, Ruby

toggpine
October 15th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Good Morning!

It's a work day here.
The kids get out early for parent/teacher conferences, so Nana is coming over to play with Em until I get home. I need to figure out what will be for supper so all Mom has to do is pop it in the oven.
I think a cup of coffee is in order to get my brain up and moving.
Continued prayers for my quilty friends and their families.
I'll check in with you all later. Cathy

Miss Sheri
October 15th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Good Morning Friends!
((Hugs!)) and prayers for so many of you who have heavy cares and concerns for loved ones right now. Blondie, the day is always a bit better when we've heard from you, you are so easy to love. Diane, I feel for you and your anticipated long and stressful hours waiting to hear news on your sweetheart. I will pray for peace for you, and blessings of health and healing for hubby.

It is lovely autumn here in Utah, some days we have cleansing rain, and others blue skies and sunshine. This morning, I was scraping my teenagers' car windows as it turned pretty cold last night. (I know, why am I doing that for them you ask?! Because, I KNOW they never leave themselves enough time to do it properly, and if that few moments of extra effort on my part keeps them, and everyone else safe. . . worth it!)

Be Happy! . . . . . usually, its a choice we make for ourselves, each day.
Hugs, and lots of love to each of you! ~Sheri

ilive2craft2
October 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Blondie, so glad mom is getting better. This roller coaster ride we are on with our Moms is no fun --the highs are great, but the lows are really low. Have kept all of your family in my prayers.

I am trying to smile, but mom is back in the hospital again -- the BP meds keep needing to be adjusted. They are also going to put her on a heart holter monitor for a few weeks to see if there is something else going on. My allergies have attacked and settled, so I am staying home from work today and drinking some hot tea. Hoping the other sibs are picking up my slack on visits to mom. We at least got her to smile and laugh in the ER Sunday night. Put music on pandora and got her to singing.

Did some flash sewing Friday night and Saturday morning, maybe after a nap I will head back into the sewing room.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Miss Sheri
October 15th, 2013, 11:37 AM
(((((((((Lisa!)))))))))

Sandy Navas
October 15th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Ah, ummm . . . anyone wanna share some housework today? If I can manage the back pain I may be able to get the last of my wood floors cleaned and waxed to perfection today.

One more week without a prized sewing machine makes one very, very cranky!! I'm trying to fill my days with activity to keep me from remembering what it is like to sit and stitch away.

Rained here all night long - soft and gentle - nice snoozing weather. The sun is out now and the world looks fresh and beautiful.

You'all take care and keep the prayers and good thoughts going for those in need. Momma Ruth you are close to my heart and in my prayers!!!!

lilmouse
October 15th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Good morning.....

Continuing prayers for your Mom, Blondie.

I went to visit my sister at the nursing/rehab home last night. She's doing good and hopes to get to go home soon. I got up this morning and didn't feel like being at work at 7 so I called and will go in at 8. I will work through my lunch - which works for me.

We have plans to go to Amish country this week-end. I think we're going to Sugarcreek, we've been through there but never really stopped and looked around. Usually we end up in Kidron, Berlin, Charm and Millersburg. I've been scoping out some places to go. I might let DH pick out a place or two *lol*.....if they sell guns and ammo he'll be all over it. Two places I want to stop at are: Swiss Village Quilts and Crafts and the Swiss Village Country Store.

Tonight I think I'll work on the quilting on my niece's quilt and the binding on my sister's quilt. I have so many 1/2 finished projects so I'm going through those and finishing them up, before starting new ones. I'm making some notes and getting some fabric samples together for this week-end so I can look fabric for borders and backing for the things I need to finish.

Well need to finish getting ready for work. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs :)
I have been trying to finish up projects as well; before starting something new....am also scrap busting...almost finished with that.......have the sewing room all moved to the living room...(we never used it) and now have a spare bedroom for sleepovers when the grandkids come to stay overnight!

SallyO'Sews
October 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Praying for you and yours, dear Blondie... and smiling, of course!
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

lilmouse
October 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Blondie, you have been in my thoughts and prayers and am very glad you pulled rank on "Mom" and got her the help she definitely needed...keep us posted...think of you often and say a little prayer and send you a quick hug or two..

Jean Sewing Machine
October 15th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Blondie--I am so glad we heard from you about mom's health crisis! I'm so sorry to hear about the infection, my late hubs got one in the university hospital after his brain tumor surgery. He got through the crisis OK, so my prayers for your mom is she rests, lets the meds do their thing and is finished with this with no more setbacks. Hugs and prayers to you all!

auntiemern
October 15th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Blondie, so glad to hear that momma is doing ok. I am sure the meds will take take of her current issues. Be prepared for it to take a while. Gabe was on vancomyacin (sp) for 2 weeks after he developed a serious staph infection in his shunt system after his first surgery. He also had a pik line. No fun for sure. Prayers and love heading your way. Make sure to take care of yourself. Cuz if you can't down you can't take care of her. Love ya sis. Prayers and hugs for those in need.

CountryHut
October 15th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Thank you Pam and May (in NJ) and of course anyone else -- for the thoughts and prayers for the Hubbys upcoming surgery

May - once you try that Mocha Cappuccino in the coffee .. you might forget about Hot chocolate . . L*~

sometimes I put Pumpkin pie spice in my coffee too . .. not to much though - that might powerful stuff . .
--- I am sooooo glad I got my Pumpkin pie spice early this year . . I just checked the price -- and it's jumped from $2.68 to $3.98
for that tiny little spice jar . . *ugh*~

Mpyles
October 16th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Blondie, so glad mom is getting better. This roller coaster ride we are on with our Moms is no fun --the highs are great, but the lows are really low. Have kept all of your family in my prayers.

I am trying to smile, but mom is back in the hospital again -- the BP meds keep needing to be adjusted. They are also going to put her on a heart holter monitor for a few weeks to see if there is something else going on. My allergies have attacked and settled, so I am staying home from work today and drinking some hot tea. Hoping the other sibs are picking up my slack on visits to mom. We at least got her to smile and laugh in the ER Sunday night. Put music on pandora and got her to singing.

Did some flash sewing Friday night and Saturday morning, maybe after a nap I will head back into the sewing room.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Prayers for your mom and you too!! take care of yourself!