PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my Little Man :-(

pamipatch
October 15th, 2013, 03:48 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but some heartfelt prayers would be greatly appreciated.

On Friday I took my 10yr old autistic son to a plastic surgeon in the city. Daniel has had a nasty birthmark on his leg since he was born and doctors have told me for years to wait til he's at least 10 to have it removed. It's in the middle of his shin and is dark bluish purple and all raised and dry. He's very protective of it as its very sensitive, and the few times its been knocked its bled for hours. I knew removal would involve a skin graft and large scar, and Daniel being the way he is I knew it would be difficult.

Today I had to take him for a battery of blood tests which was extremely traumatic for him, especially since they couldn't find a vein and had to do both arms. I've now been told what's on his leg isn't a birthmark, it's a vascular tumour, and highly indicative that he'll have more on his internal organs, and a high chance he may be prone to heart problems. I can't even spell the name of the syndrome, but my heart is breaking for a little guy who life's in his own happy little world and doesn't deserve serious health problems. They will advise me shortly of a date to have his whole body scanned with an MRI under general anesthetic, and will then know how bad.

Please pray for my little man, he's come so far and conquered so much. Oh for a genie in a bottle right now :-(

With love, Pami

K. McEuen
October 15th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Poor kid, hoping and praying for the best possible outcome.

Sew Perfect
October 15th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Awe...poor little guy. Of coarse I will pray for him.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 15th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Prayers for him as he and you face this serious ealth challenge.

Sheena
October 15th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Oh Pami. I'm sorry to hear that. I really hope the scan shows it's only on his leg. We're praying for you and your son.

MayinJerset
October 15th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Prayers that the scan doesn't show any other tumors and the one on his leg gets taken care of without too much stress to your dear son.

dwil23
October 15th, 2013, 04:45 AM
I will most certainly pray for him and the best outcome. Poor baby, I just don't understand why some seem to have so many struggles. Please keep us posted.

(((HUGS)))

Givbludplayhocky
October 15th, 2013, 04:53 AM
our hearts and prayers are with you and your son, pami.

Blondie
October 15th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Hi Pami
My Dear Daddy had one of these birthmarks. I can sure pray with you. I am right this very minute, dearest girl.

Sure wish I knew where my genie went to. I think I lost her some years back. Here's an extra hug, an extra prayer and a special smile for you and Daniel.

Blondie

Monique
October 15th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Prayers for the little man as he travels this journey. Prayers for you as well as you hold his hand.

HdWench
October 15th, 2013, 07:43 AM
So sorry to hear how tramatic this was for him! This little guy's already got enough on his plate, lifting him and you up in prayer that this will be no more than his leg to deal with.

Bubby
October 15th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Poor little guy...of course I will pray for him.

HandsOffItsMine
October 15th, 2013, 08:46 AM
(((Pami))), dear Pami, that is news no mother wants to hear. I'm very sorry Daniel has to go through this, especially as he doesn't understand what's going on. :(

Prayers and healing light heading his way plus prayers and a big hug to you for strength. Know that this Forum is has a great group of Prayer Warriors. My son-in-law Matt and I are recipients of Prayers from these ladies, Daniel will feel their love even if he can't express it to you.

Huggers, Ruby

cyndiofthevortex
October 15th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Oh, Pami. This is heartbreaking news. I'll pray for peace and strength and for a good prognosis from the MRI.

pcbatiks
October 15th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Pami ........adding my prayers for you & your son and a hug too.

Auntpiggylpn
October 15th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Prayers going up for your son and for your family too.

CrazyMtnLady
October 15th, 2013, 09:24 AM
You have my prayers.

Lisapc
October 15th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Your poor Daniel. Prayers are being said for him and your whole family. No child deserves this. I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Mpyles
October 15th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Prayers of for Daniel and his loving momma.

asta
October 15th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Oh Pami, so sorry to hear that your precious Daniel is going through all this. Hugs and prayers.

Sandy Navas
October 15th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Most definitely praying for Daniel. May he surprise us all and coast through this difficult time with no traumatic after-effects. Give him great big hugs if he'll let you!

Miss Sheri
October 15th, 2013, 11:51 AM
(((((((((Pami & Daniel)))))))) Sweet Pami, My prayers and thoughts are with you and your darling Daniel.

SallyO'Sews
October 15th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Praying for you and your little guy, Pami!

MRoy
October 15th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Prayers for Daniel and for you. (((HUGS)))

ilive2craft2
October 15th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Adding Daniel and your family to my prayers.

lilmouse
October 15th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Added him to my prayer list......

easyquilts
October 15th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Pami.. I am so sorry to hear this awful news... Of course, I will pray for your son...

I have a grandson who has Asperger's,... My sister's youngest also. Has Asperger's, and her daughter 's oldest (7) son is a non-verbal Aitistic child... I'm pretty sure there are a couple more people in my family who are somewhere on the spectrum... So, I have an idea of how difficult this is for your child, and for you....

I will pray that the doctors and other caregivers will be given the grace to do their jobs in the best way possible... And grace for you to get through the days ahead... God bless...

nyscpa2be
October 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM
You are both in my prayers...

SuzyQue
October 15th, 2013, 02:04 PM
May I add my prayers to all those listed for you, for dear sweet Daniel, for the Drs and surgeons, for all involved in any way. I pray for awesome test results and that only the leg be an issue. I pray for miracles for his heart. I pray for peace, patience, and strength for you. I pray that the road be made as smooth as possible. I feel the aching in your heart and the sadness of your post, so I will continue to pray. Please keep us updated.

auntiemern
October 15th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Pam, so sorry to hear what your little guy is going through, and what is yet to come. Boggles my mind though, that it took all this time for them to diagnose it. Hugs ans prayers for you and your little man.

Suzette
October 15th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Praying for your sweet boy, and for you Pami. God bless!

Tanya D
October 15th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Oh Pami, he must have been so frightened and unsettled with all the tests they did. I will hold him in my prayers.

Andrea F
October 15th, 2013, 08:45 PM
I am so sorry for what you two have to go through. Sending strength and positve thoughts for you and Daniel!

PeggyM
October 15th, 2013, 08:55 PM
That is truly heartbreaking. I'm saying a prayer for your precious little one. (((Hugs)))

Kelly F
October 15th, 2013, 09:30 PM
awww. Poor baby. Prayers for strength for you and prayers for quick healing for your son.

RFREE
October 15th, 2013, 10:30 PM
So sorry to hear this. Prayers for him and his family for sure.

Kat 2
October 15th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Well keep Daniel and you in my prayers. Hoping the scans give better news.

Lindagie
October 15th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Will certainly keep Daniel and your family in my prayers. it is always so sad to hear of children being sick or injured in any way. Hugs to you too!

Wwena
October 21st, 2013, 08:40 AM
I just read this now and how awful!! I hope they find nothing and that they keep checking to find things early on if there ever is anything to find. Big hugs.

mamaquilt
October 21st, 2013, 07:15 PM
I'm so sorry for you and your little one and wish you both strength and a lot of courage.

Genny
October 21st, 2013, 09:29 PM
Hugs and prayers to Daniel and all your family.