PDA

View Full Version : We Are Moving!!!!

Auntpiggylpn
October 15th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Due to my other half getting a job transfer, we will be moving to Michigan. I have lived in Indiana for all of my 47 years on this Earth. My honey is Michigan born & raised and has worked in management for the same company for 25 years. Came to Indiana 13 years ago to open new stores in our city and apparently the company is pleased with the success as they will be opening a new store in Michigan and my honey was picked to get it up and running. Although, the city the store is opening is 3 hours away from our current home, we have made several trips in the past 2 weeks, once to get the official job offer papers signed and a couple others to look at houses. We have found one and put an offer on it and it was accepted pending inspection. We signed the official contract today and inspection is Wednesday. This will be officially "our home" as my honey already had a house when we got together and I moved in. Our current house is about 1100 sq ft and it has been tough with 3 dogs, 5 cats, 2 humans, and my fabric stash, vintage sewing machines & all other things quilting related. We haven't been able to park a car in our garage for the past year!!! Well girls have I got news for you! Our new home is a ranch with a full finished walkout basement and has 3200 sq ft of living space!!!! We currently live in a cramped subdivision with small lots; we are moving up to almost 2 acres of partially wooded land with a pond and a small river running at the back of our property. All of this is wonderful but the real selling point of this house is that in the walkout basement there is an area that is walled off on three sides that measures approximately 16 x 34 that comes with shelves already installed on one of the walls and is painted a pretty soft yellow with nice squishy carpeting and lots of natural light. Yep, this will be my quilting area!!! I'm so excited, I just can't sit still!!!!! I hope you don't think I am bragging; I just needed to share with others who would understand the importance of having such a wonderful space to let my creativity flow!!!!!

bubba
October 15th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Good for you!

bkthomas
October 15th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 15th, 2013, 02:28 AM
That sounds so great! Good for you both!

HdWench
October 15th, 2013, 02:38 AM
So happy for you!!! Oh I'd be packing so fast :-) Heck no it's not bragging, you are HAPPY and so are we! How wonderful to have your own space to be creative yahoooooo! I took over a spare bedroom last year and wonder WHY I waited so darn long lol Kids LONG gone and 4 bedrooms with 1 being used? No it's is delightful to hear how excited you are and Photo's!!! Lots of lovely pictures, the wall colors already sound great! Good luck with the moving part and setting it all up just how you like it :-)

Debbie

brook
October 15th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Sounds like it will be a great move. Yay on more space for quilting! : )

Andrea F
October 15th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Im so happy for you too, that sounds great and exciting and idyllic. Congrats on the new home! When are you going to move - have you already started packing everything up?

MayinJerset
October 15th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Happy for you with your new soft yellow quilt room = you aren't bragging you are jumping for Joy! In your place we all would be.

dwil23
October 15th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Can I move in, too??? It sounds wonderful - congrats!!!!!!

Learner quilter
October 15th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Brag all you like... It sounds wonderful... :icon_woohoo: With a "place of your own" your honey will need to make an appointment to see you.

Iris Girl
October 15th, 2013, 05:17 AM
sounds like a dream come true enjoy!!!

Bubby
October 15th, 2013, 08:13 AM
This sounds like a wonderful change for you! Embrace it and be happy! Your sewing area sounds great!!

HandsOffItsMine
October 15th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Congrats to both of you! It's not bragging, it sharing some wonderful news in your life!! :)

It's sounds like a beautiful piece of property and a great promotion for you lovey. I'm glad to hear that someone has some good job news for a change in this economy!! You're new quilting room sounds like a super-duper place to be creative and comfy...

Huggers, Ruby

Joan@DebtofGratitude
October 15th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Sharing your joy is not bragging -- it's allowing us to celebrate with you. What happy news! Post pictures when you are all settled in.

asta
October 15th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Wishing the best of luck to you on this move. I am sure you will enjoy your new home. We are in the process of packing and moving out now, it is stressful but I keep trying to remember...This too will pass.

CrazyMtnLady
October 15th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Congratulations on the move. The new house sounds wonderful. What part of Michigan will you be moving too? I was born and raised in Indiana too and the first time I moved away was really hard to do. I have been to Michigan many many times and it is a beautiful state.

Lisapc
October 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Bragging? Not you. Your excitement and happiness shines through... It is a wonderful feeling when you and hubby both fall for a home. You will have a quilter's dream of a space and your hubby's job offer sounds sublime.

Congratulations and keep us posted!

Auntpiggylpn
October 15th, 2013, 09:57 AM
okay, I need to share a couple of pictures with you guys! We are hoping to be completely in the house in January. It is near South Haven, MI. We have been anticipating a move for the past 6 months so we have already started purging and packing. My MIL will be moving into our current home and we won't be putting it on the market until the Spring. I have to give up my jobs, which makes me sad as I really enjoy both of them but I think knowing what I am leaving them for makes it more than worth it. The new house is a Freddie Mac home and fortunately the previous owners did not destroy it when they knew it was going into foreclosure as is often the case. I am attaching a picture of my new sewing area (my last area was a 10 X 10 room!) and the other pictures are views from our upper deck and there is a picture of the pond. I hope it makes you as giddy as it makes me!!!!

Miss Sheri
October 15th, 2013, 10:15 AM
OH, MY! That is gorgeous! When you need to stretch and a bit more inspiration, just take a walk about your property! That sewing space looks like it was created especially for a quilter, what a charming place this is. Sew very happy for you.

MRoy
October 15th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Congratulations! Don't get lost in all that wonderful space. ;)

Claire Hallman
October 15th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I am so happy for you, it looks wonderful.

lilmouse
October 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your wonderful news....it does look just like a quilters sewing space doesn't it? Love the deck and the view...I think I am going to get a little green here but am so happy for you....:icon_hi:

SallyO'Sews
October 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Nope, I don't think you're bragging, and I couldn't be happier for you! Hope you enjoy your BEAUTIFUL new digs!

ilive2craft2
October 15th, 2013, 12:07 PM
What wonderful news!! Looks like a great place!

nyscpa2be
October 15th, 2013, 01:15 PM
That sounds like a great move - and you gain a HUGE sewing studio on top of that! Congrats to both of you!

bec
October 15th, 2013, 01:29 PM
I am so happy for you! Be sure to send us pictures when you get set up. :)

alliek
October 15th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Wow that sounds great!!! Good for you. Happy News. God Bless.

auntiemern
October 15th, 2013, 03:50 PM
So excited and happy for you. That is not bragging, that is just overflowing excitement. Can't wait til you get moved in, and take lots of pics for us to see your new place.

K. McEuen
October 15th, 2013, 06:15 PM
For the most part, moving sucks (twenty years married to the military). But, you have a great spot to look forward to settling in to! Good luck with the move and aren't you brave, middle of winter moving to Michigan!

bkthomas
October 15th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Looks a bit like Heaven to me!!!

Tanya D
October 15th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Oh it sounds just lovely. My master bedroom is painted a soft butter yellow and I just love it. My husband is "meh" about it but he still crawls into bed with me every night so it must not be too bad :)

Your property sounds really pretty. I sure hope you post some pictures once you are moved in and settled. I for one would love to see it.

New York Sue
October 15th, 2013, 06:31 PM
WOW! Beautiful pics. I had the opportunity to visit Michigan a few years back, and loved it. Small towns with intact, working Main Streets make me giddy.
I'll bet you can't wait till January!!
Congratulations!

PeggyM
October 15th, 2013, 07:21 PM
So exciting! Best wishes for you all in your new palace!

mom4him
October 15th, 2013, 07:40 PM
How exciting! Your home And lot sounds wonderful and to have that kind of space just for your sewing room would be indescribable. Enjoy!

By the way, I didn't think you sounded like you were bragging at all, just excited.

Suzyq
October 15th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Ohhhh that sounds great! Good for you, and be happy to,share your great news with everyone!

Meli
October 16th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Great news! Doesn't sound like bragging, sounds like sharing your excitement. CONGRATS!

Precious1
October 16th, 2013, 11:32 AM
It's called sharing your joy on the blessing you've just received. I'm so happy for you. Make sure you post photos of your new sewing room. We are all really excited to see it.