PDA

View Full Version : Moving Day

Meli
October 15th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Moving Day for Meli-World is this Thursday, the 17th, exactly 3 months since my surgery. We signed the lease tonight and picked up the keys. Jim's brother is going to drive 2 hours to my in-law's house to borrow my FIL's pickup and flatbed trailer, then two hours back, just so he can help us move. On Friday, he'll make the 2 hour drive back down to drop it off and to spend the weekend camping (it's the deer hunt). Jim and I are discussing the possibility of going down on Saturday for the day. We'll have to see what the bank balance looks like. It'll be tight but it might be doable. Just have to make sure we're all done at our current location.

Tonight, Jim told me his dad fell out in the workshop a couple weeks ago and has been laid up with extreme bruising and swelling in his leg ever since. As of today, doc told him it could take a few more weeks to recover and to take it easy. That's like telling a hyper toddler pumped up on sugar to hold still. Or like telling a teenager to clean his room. It's just not going to happen. Additionally, he's been having some shaking in his left arm, and today was diagnosed with Parkinson's. Hopefully they caught it early and can treat it so that the symptoms progress very slowly.

Not likely to be on much for the next several days. In fact, may not be on at all. I managed to arrange to get all the utilities scheduled to be transferred on Thursday, except for the Internet. The soonest they can get that turned on is Monday! Yeah, my nephew is already going into withdrawals.

pcbatiks
October 15th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Hope everything goes smoothly with the move! :)

Lisapc
October 15th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Saying a prayer for you Father in Law and for your move to go smoothly with no property or people damage. Good luck Meli!

Sandy Navas
October 15th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Fresh starts, regardless of all the hard work, do wonders for all of us. Hoping for a very peaceful and successful move with absolutely no stress involved!

Miss Sheri
October 15th, 2013, 11:54 AM
(((((Meli))))) Yah! This has been a long awaited day, here are hopes and prayers that all goes well for you. Prayers for your FIL too.

SallyO'Sews
October 15th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Hope you enjoy your new home, and praying for your entire family!
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

lilmouse
October 15th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Wish I was closer so I could give you a hand with all the work of moving...know you are in my thoughts and prayers during the move time and will add FIL to my prayer list!

ilive2craft2
October 15th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Wish I was closer so I could give you a hand with all the work of moving...know you are in my thoughts and prayers during the move time and will add FIL to my prayer list!

I second this!

SuzyQue
October 15th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I pray this move goes smoothly and you are rewarded with a fresh start and a brighter future. I pray you soon will have time and energy to get back to your sewing and quilting. I pray for your FIL and patience for your hubby to deal with him. I pray for strength for the next few days as you endure the extra work to get you moved! If it would help, you can send me your stash......so you have less to move.....LOL! I wish I were closer to help tote those tubs!! Remember to lay claim to your sewing room and table NOW! Looking forward to you being back on, completely moved, organized, and ready to begin again!

auntiemern
October 15th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Prayers for a smooth move, and FIL's health.

Gayle8675309
October 15th, 2013, 03:59 PM
I hope the move goes smoothly and I also pray that your father-in-law's disease has a very slow progression.

quiltingtrish
October 15th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Good luck on your move!

I will also pray for your father-in-law. My mother was diagnosed in her mid fifties with Parkinson's and lived with it for about 15 years. I think the hardest thing for her (and us) was when her body would no longer work quite right but her mind still did.

Hugs,