PDA

View Full Version : Monday Morning Greetings

Renate
October 14th, 2013, 02:51 AM

Good morning dears,

this Weekend I expected to spend sewing, but
- weather was to good to stay inside and there was so much to do in the garden on Satuday
- weather was good again on Sunday, so i decided to pick the apples and backed cake after cake and now the freezer is full.
- after all that I was so tired and my bones revolted, therefor I went to the Sauna.
- with the result: no sewing this gone Weekend, but maybe if I Close my eyes and wish very very much, my Christmas gifts will be ready?

I wish you a good start into the new week all together.

bkthomas
October 14th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Well, I hope your bones are feeling better and the Quilt Fairies make a surprise visit!

Lisapc
October 14th, 2013, 03:05 AM
you are a doll. I love the Wizard of Oz. I am now headed to sleep some more as I have spent a lot of time sleeping this weekend. We had rain Saturday and some sun today with no rain. I relaxed.

We will talk soon my friend!

shermur
October 14th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Been up since 1:30 AM this Monday morning...thank goodness I have a paid holiday today and I'm off from work. But, my house is almost screaming...please get caught up and clean! and yet, my UFOs in the my sewing are arguing for their attention, too! what to do...probably by mid-morning, I'll be saying to myself...NAP TIME! LOL

buckeyequilter
October 14th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Good morning....

I woke up early so I'm taking a few minutes to check in here. My Sunday was spent in my sewing room.....first time in a long time. I got some of the quilting on my niece's quilt done and made 1/2 a quilt top. I am waiting on a JR to finish the top up. I'm also waiting on fabric for quilt top that I'm making for my older sister. I'm making quilt tops and will be spending some time at my frame...if I just do the loops, hearts and stars...they quilt up fairly quickly.

Well I need to get myself going and get ready for work. Have a wonderful day...prayers and hugs!

Renate
October 14th, 2013, 06:27 AM
No I can see the mistake in the Picture. There must be the sentence: "When you open your eyes, all work around house, garden, laundry, cooking, baking ... will be done for weeks, so you can sit down and sew as Long as you like"

Renate
October 14th, 2013, 06:29 AM
No I can see the mistake in the Picture. There must be the sentence: "When you open your eyes, all work around house, garden, laundry, cooking, baking ... will be done for weeks, so you can sit down and sew as Long as you like" ... whats wrong now, I cannot post this post? strange ....

HdWench
October 14th, 2013, 07:40 AM
(((((((((Renate)))))))))) I love it honey, you are so sweet! I posted on my blog a few days ago I wish I could twitch my nose like I Dream of Jeannie or Bewitched, or click my heels like Dorothy "There is no place like Home"! Yes all cleaning, yardwork, dishes everything except the sewing machine that is yelling for attention - let us listen only to that voice lol

Debbie

Monique
October 14th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Good morning friends. A rainy start to the day today. Greg & Les are still sleeping but Jersey and I are up. She has been fed and taken outside for her duties. We had a wonderful turkey dinner last night and then Greg & I went for a lovely walk with Jersey around the neighbourhood. We spent a great day together. Our friends come back and get us today to head home. A great weekend had by all. The others are up now.

Happy thanksgiving to you all.

Bubby
October 14th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Renate, Thank you for starting our morning thread! I hope the UFO Fairy visited you and all your projects are finished and ready for wrappings!

I just got back from taking the Girls to the groomer. They have to be there no later than 6:15....sometimes a hard thing since I have to travel to a neighboring town. They will be ready to come home at noon.

Jeff is off work this week and he is working on the plumbing for the new building we are putting up.

I did a little machine embroidery last night and hope to get some more done today. I have several loads of laundry to do and I want to run the vacuum while they Girls are done. It terrifies Olive and it makes Dottie mad...I can't win!

Wishing everyone a great day....Hugs & Blessings to you!

Lonna
October 14th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Good Morning Friends,

Another long night with Wayne he is having problems with his throat swelling up when he lays down. So he has been sleeping sitting up in his chair in the living room. So every hour or so I am up checking on him. He has said no more chemo so hopefully once this round is out of his system he will begin to feel a little better. I do have the day off which is a good thing as hopefully after taking Max to the vet for his check up I will be able to grab a cat nap here and there.

DD wants to come over to work on her first quilt so I will help her sandwich it and in turn she can help me sandwich mine. Hope I have enough left over batting for the Christmas tree skirt that I have done. Well need to run have a great day my friends.

MayinJerset
October 14th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Good Morning, It's a bright and sunshiny day and wish I could spend it outdoors but my sewing room is calling, no make that yelling to me for some attention. Have one or two shopping bags with sewing supplies and recent M* orders in them plus a big box of king size battings littering the floor and it's time to get all that stuff put away so I can do some quilting for my Secret Pal. Kept forgetting to bring the Patriotic Christmas Stockings downstairs so I can mail them but better not forget today as the due date is fast approaching.

We had a nice dinner yesterday at DS#2's house, his wife made her lasagna, their DD and her BF brought pumpkin cheese cake and fresh baked Italian bread, DH and I brought salad and the Chocolate Éclair cake in the recipe section and DS#3 brought beer and soda. Thought I would take some of the Éclair cake home but it was all gone as everyone liked it. We had taken a back roads trip to check out the Fall Foliage and made a stop at a farm market for some fresh picked applies. Like Renate I'm going to make some apple cake. All in all a very pleasant Sunday.

Unfortunately when we returned home there was a message from DS#1. His wife's cancer isn't responding to the chemo any longer so they were hoping to begin a new treatment at a Cancer center but the news hasn't been very good so far. They have another appointment this week and we are praying for some better news. Please say a prayer for Debbie, she is a very religious woman and I know she will appreciate your prayers.

CrazyMtnLady
October 14th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Good morning everyone.
I did not get any sewing done over the weekend as planned either. I did a lot of cleaning and playing outside with the dogs. I have to enjoy the nice weather while it lasts.
Rain tomorrow so maybe I can get some sewing done then.

Hugs and prayers to all in need.

toggpine
October 14th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Good morning!

We had a great weekend with our friends on Whidbey Island. We had a catch up visit Friday night and Saturday morning we tried to help them load 6 cows for the sale barn. This was the first time any of us had attempted to load cows in a trailer like this. After two and a half hours and a lot of cussing we got them in with the help of an older farmer from down the road. We invited he and his wife back for supper that evening. They are absolutely lovely people!

The rest of the weekend was much less stressful and involved a few walks on the beach and a ride on the horse for Em. I think we spent as much time eating and chatting as anything! I tried scotch eggs for the first time. We might try making them at home one day. Basically it's a hard-boiled egg wrapped in sausage, rolled in bread crumbs and fried. Our host baked ours, and it was pretty tasty.

I took the quilt I was working on for their friend. I finished quilting another section while I was there. It was well received and they are looking forward to being able to give it to him before Christmas. I also hear that he still has her "quilting machine". I suggested I'd like a little more info on it, but I might be interested in buying it. If it's really big, I wouldn't have a good place for it. But, if I can't use it, I might be able to help him find a home for it where it will be loved.

Well, I obviously have some laundry to do and it's not getting done with me sitting here! I haven't seen Glenda the Good Witch come through to help me out, so she must still be busy at Renate's place.

You all have a fantastic day!
Cathy