PDA

View Full Version : Where Did Spring Go??

Sewbee
March 27th, 2011, 05:39 PM
My beautiful Spring flowers got hit hard yesterday by a late season snow storm here in Missouri. By yesterday evening they were buried in 4+ inches of snow. This morning the early sunshine glistened on the snow covered trees for a delightful winter wonderland scene from my front door. Most the snow has now fallen from the trees and I can once again see my daffodils, but I'm afraid their lovely blooms are gone for the season. Still it was a beautiful sight to see!

Loonwatcher
March 27th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Don't give up on those blossums. Mother nature is pretty tough. Although I get the same fears whenever we get late snows. Here in Vermont we're still covered with snow; I haven't seen anything popping up yet. Even with the snow your pics are very pretty.

suzette58
March 27th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I woke up to about 1/4 inch this morning. But it wasn't on the roads. Just cars and ground. It's sunny now.

bopeep
March 27th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Beautiful picture.......but like you said ..I Pray the blooms are not gone for the season......

debinmalaga
March 27th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Lovely pictures, Sewbee ~ thanks for sharing them!

Sandy Navas
March 27th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Wonderful photograph(er)!! Thanks for sharing - you must be further south than me. We had about an inch day before yesterday and it was gone before noon. I think my flowers like the moisture.

inspired
March 27th, 2011, 09:23 PM
We have had a lot of snow here and it has been sooooo cold. But as we walked we saw the robins looking for worms and spring is surely around the corner!

tamsterg7
March 27th, 2011, 10:36 PM
You must be close to St. Louis - we have 4+ inches on our patio table by the end of it yesterday. This morning it was pretty, but by afternoon most of it has gone...........except they are saying one more blast of it on Tuesday. Enough already - I am ready for spring and outdoor gardening!

Sewbee
March 27th, 2011, 10:49 PM
You must be close to St. Louis - we have 4+ inches on our patio table by the end of it yesterday. This morning it was pretty, but by afternoon most of it has gone...........except they are saying one more blast of it on Tuesday. Enough already - I am ready for spring and outdoor gardening!

Yep, I'm in Chesterfield...just West of St. Louis...worked in Granite City, IL for 26 years! That was a long drive on snowy days! :icon_bigsmile:

RFREE
March 27th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Wow! Those pictures are beautiful. I know what you mean about spring. All last week we had temps in the high 70's and this weekend we had rain and temps in the 40's. Yuck! I hate cold wet weather. Maybe by next week the temp will warm back up. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

magx
March 28th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Oh..... how beautiful!!!!!! It looks magic to me. I have never seen snow.
I looks like a scene from Harry Potter. Just pure magic. Love the pics, thx for shering, I really enjoyed them. Magx